Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 05:05 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,088,981 times

Advertisements

It's her body and their business, but they seem to *love* the publicity.

Their cheery website is awfully predatory; I suppose that helps pay the bills.

This next baby will be younger than their grandchild.
I am sure they are indeed organized and energetic and all that good stuff, but it still seems more like a cult than a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 05:20 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,619,842 times
I don't know what it is about them, but I can't watch for more than 5 minutes.
Does the woman still have a uterus, enough already.

Wonder if the son and wife will have a large family too?

Old 09-02-2009, 05:25 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,296,868 times
Still not understanding why anyone cares, obviously those who have posted on here don't like them so why do you care?

At least they are not turning out crack ho's and drug dealers. Their kids are alot more respectful than any I see in todays world.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:48 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,643,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Still not understanding why anyone cares, obviously those who have posted on here don't like them so why do you care?

Why does eveyrone "care"? Its a TV show about a contraversial couple. Everyone is giving their opinions,which is what we often do here.

I dont "care" but certainly would have a higher opinion of these folks if they adopted some needy kids. I would bet that would be more of "Gods will" then being pregnant every year.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:32 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Why does eveyrone "care"? Its a TV show about a contraversial couple. Everyone is giving their opinions,which is what we often do here.

I dont "care" but certainly would have a higher opinion of these folks if they adopted some needy kids. I would bet that would be more of "Gods will" then being pregnant every year.

Why do you think it would be more of God's will to adopt?????

If this family is not on any kind of federal aid that our tax dollars are paying for I fail to see why it matters how many kids they have. Just because other people don't believe the way they do doesn't make what they believe wrong, it just makes it different than the majority of the people.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:38 AM

745 posts, read 1,441,037 times
So many people are so critical and concerned w/ other people's business.

Why would anyone consider this controversial? They have the right to have as many kids as they choose. They seem like great parents and a great family.

I do not think they are on any kind of Federal Aid. That sounds like a false rumor.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:40 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,296,819 times
I saw a few minutes of an episode where they had gone to help another HUGE family, build a home.

Apparantly, there are many others like them...having more than a dozen kids. Almost like a CULT.

Vicki

Old 09-02-2009, 08:42 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,643,341 times
Come on, 19 kids is contraversial. And it our "business" becasue they choose to be on TV, and not only their own reality show, but they hit all the morning news shows and I understand do autograph/meet n' greets often. Why wouldnt people discuss this? I dont see anyone on here doing anything but adding an opinion,and its a FORUM!! Jeeesh

Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,718,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Michelle's knocked up for the 19th time!

Apparently the Duggars just won't be happy until they have a Downs Syndrome baby! Seriously, do these people consider the risk of having babies at their age?
That is retarted....why would they want a Downs sydrome baby? I am sure they consider the health of their baby and that is why she lives a very healthy lifestyle. Do most woman that have many children hope for a Downs baby

Old 09-02-2009, 08:48 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,718,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
LOL I just went back 9 pages to find the old Duggar thread and here it is already. I just heard it in the news! OMG. Like I said in the other thread, those two should be sterilized. I wonder if or when Michele's body will give out?

ETA...after a certain amount of children you don't need to pay taxes. I think the number is 6 or 7 kids. That's what I was told from people who have 8 kids. No taxes.

Also, I keep seeing in a commercial for their show, the kids sliding around in the snow on big placards that say "Duggar for Senator"?????!!!! I don't watch the show so I don't know what goes on. Is he, has he, run for the senate?? WTH qualifies him for the senate?? Lively sperm???
I don't know where you are getting your information. In our country we don't force steralize people....heck even when the state is supporting the octo mom nobody steralized her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities