Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:25 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,290,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Come on, 19 kids is contraversial. And it our "business" becasue they choose to be on TV, and not only their own reality show, but they hit all the morning news shows and I understand do autograph/meet n' greets often. Why wouldnt people discuss this? I dont see anyone on here doing anything but adding an opinion,and its a FORUM!! Jeeesh
If people don't like what they stand for then why do they watch them? Most tv's now have remote controls and the channels can be changed. Seems like a lot of wasted time to me.

You are correct it is a forum and just like you are allowed to add your opinion so am I. My opinion is if you don't believe in what they are doing or how they live their life then why waste time posting on a forum about something that is of no interest to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 09:28 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,636,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Still not understanding why anyone cares, obviously those who have posted on here don't like them so why do you care?

At least they are not turning out crack ho's and drug dealers. Their kids are alot more respectful than any I see in todays world.
I think it's odd, but they seem to have a lovely, loving family. More power to them. I may not believe what they believe, but if my kids are as giving, respectful and loved as these kids appear to be, I think I will have done a good job.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:48 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,233,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I don't know where you are getting your information. In our country we don't force steralize people....heck even when the state is supporting the octo mom nobody steralized her
You didn't read my or denvarian's posts correctly. He/she did NOT say the Duggar's were HOPING for a downs syndrome baby, he/she said they won't be happy with pushing out babies every 9-12 months UNTIL things go wrong and the child is mongoloid. THAT is what he/she meant. maybe you don't "get it" but I'm sure most everyone else did.

I know there is no such thing as forced sterilization nowadays.

Why do we talk about people/show that some don't like? Because we can!

Sharpen up your reading comprehension skills a bit.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
I think it's odd, but they seem to have a lovely, loving family. More power to them. I may not believe what they believe, but if my kids are as giving, respectful and loved as these kids appear to be, I think I will have done a good job.

I agree with you, and I think even when the cameras leave they still have a loving family. Theirs is a family that is an oddity in todays world and I think we as humans are more prone to question and even critize things we don't understand. And I don't mean oddity in that they have 18 kids but that they appear to be a loving family unit.

BTW according to the article I read they were not trying to have another baby, this was a suprise to them.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:17 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,631,692 times
Quote:
If people don't like what they stand for then why do they watch them? Most tv's now have remote controls and the channels can be changed. Seems like a lot of wasted time to me.

You are correct it is a forum and just like you are allowed to add your opinion so am I. My opinion is if you don't believe in what they are doing or how they live their life then why waste time posting on a forum about something that is of no interest to you.

Because its fun.
And the TV producers want us to do just this or it wouldnt be on TV making them money for very long.
We are just playing along with light trivial discussion here and there, nice escape.
As I am sure you would agree.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:31 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,460,053 times
Quote:
Why do you think it would be more of God's will to adopt?????

If this family is not on any kind of federal aid that our tax dollars are paying for I fail to see why it matters how many kids they have. Just because other people don't believe the way they do doesn't make what they believe wrong, it just makes it different than the majority of the people.
They may not be on "federal aid" but I'm pretty sure that they get a nice tax break for all of those kids. Anyone with children who uses tax breaks/credits are essentially having their lifestyle choices subsidized.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
They may not be on "federal aid" but I'm pretty sure that they get a nice tax break for all of those kids. Anyone with children who uses tax breaks/credits are essentially having their lifestyle choices subsidized.
Let's see I have 5 kids and take my tax breaks so I am having my lifestyles choices subsidized? Sure doesn't feel that way to me when I pay my tax payment every year or when my husbands paycheck comes home and I see much fed tax we had to pay.

We have no idea how much money these people have, or make or inherited or whether they pay any taxes or not.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:37 AM

437 posts, read 1,073,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
That is retarted....why would they want a Downs sydrome baby? I am sure they consider the health of their baby and that is why she lives a very healthy lifestyle. Do most woman that have many children hope for a Downs baby

It's her age, not the number of children, that increase the risk for a Downs child.

I had my last child at 40 and throughout my pregnancy, the OB/GYN tortured with tales of older mothers having babies with Downs and many other risk. In fact, on my first visit to confirm pregnancy, the doctor actually suggested an abortion so I won't have to worry about the "risks".

My total number of children is, by the way, 5.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,710,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You didn't read my or denvarian's posts correctly. He/she did NOT say the Duggar's were HOPING for a downs syndrome baby, he/she said they won't be happy with pushing out babies every 9-12 months UNTIL things go wrong and the child is mongoloid. THAT is what he/she meant. maybe you don't "get it" but I'm sure most everyone else did.

I know there is no such thing as forced sterilization nowadays.

Why do we talk about people/show that some don't like? Because we can!

Sharpen up your reading comprehension skills a bit.
I know what you wrote so you best buzz up on your writing skills yet you still write pretty silly stuff Silly goof!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:36 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,710,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
It's her age, not the number of children, that increase the risk for a Downs child.

I had my last child at 40 and throughout my pregnancy, the OB/GYN tortured with tales of older mothers having babies with Downs and many other risk. In fact, on my first visit to confirm pregnancy, the doctor actually suggested an abortion so I won't have to worry about the "risks".

My total number of children is, by the way, 5.

I'm well aware of that. It is still a good idea to take care of yourself at any age though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities