Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 06:52 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,463,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_mom09 View Post
what do you think about her having her 19 child????

what are thoughts on this
I think she need medication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 02:43 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,209,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I think she need medication.
I think she acts like she's medicated. She seems like she's on autopilot to me. I would never be able to relax with all those kids in the house. But that's me. That's why I only have 2!

Old 09-15-2009, 02:57 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,891,950 times
I think maybe she's too submissive to her husband in bed or something and they both need to have some type of birth control now...Say a vasectomy (for him) and a tubal ligation (for her)!!....Sheesh! 19 kids...

Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 AM

480 posts, read 879,244 times
They're very irresponsible. No way any of those children are getting the attention they need and deserve. Also, this planet is overpopulated, and people like the Duggars are part of the problem.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:41 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,507,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisake View Post
They're very irresponsible. No way any of those children are getting the attention they need and deserve. Also, this planet is overpopulated, and people like the Duggars are part of the problem.
I think they get enough attention from both parents but I wonder if they don't need more access to the larger world.

Who-is-to-say how anyone should live but I just don't believe as they do.

A while back it seemed that the grandparents on both sides of the family were hoping that one of the last two babies would be enough but I'm certain that all the children are loved and well cared for.

My nerves would be less able to stand the normal noise level of that many children but I lack Michelle Duggar's patience or self-discipline. Every day she is responsible for lesson plans for students ranging from preschool level to pre college. Having taught a variety of subjects to only one grade level I would be crying a lot if I thought I had to be responsible for reading, spelling, english, math, science, social studies, computer skills and art, music and PE for everyone.

I think they use a commercial home school curriculum and maybe the kids know what their goals are and are self motivated in completing assignments. There have to be one or two that need extra attention but I guess she has ways to keep them on track.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:01 PM

444 posts, read 800,099 times
Good for them. They can have as many as they want as long as I continue to not be paying for them. I wish my household ran a fraction of as good as their's does. What ever they do, the kids all seem happy and well adjusted. Not lacking/seeking attention.

Maybe Jon and Kate need to take some lessons from them......

Old 09-15-2009, 02:44 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,136,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi~mi View Post
Good for them. They can have as many as they want as long as I continue to not be paying for them. I wish my household ran a fraction of as good as their's does. What ever they do, the kids all seem happy and well adjusted. Not lacking/seeking attention.

Maybe Jon and Kate need to take some lessons from them......

no comparison-----2 different stories there!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:35 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,937,893 times
You know, my original post was calling them crazy religious nut jobs that are in need of a tubal ligation and/or vasectomy.

However, I was bored looking at YouTube and I happened to come across some videos of the family. I have to say that, although I do think they're nuts for having so many, the kids really truly seem to be loved and happy. With all the families in the world that have kids they don't want--or just to satisfy the notion that people are "supposed" to have kids--they actually seem to be wanted and well taken-care for.

And for that, good for the Duggars.

Last edited by thepinksquid; 09-16-2009 at 10:47 PM..

Old 01-31-2010, 10:39 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,270,340 times
I just saw on TV that the Duggers have had another baby. However, this one was delivered early because of complications. Is this "someone's" way of letting them know that it is time to stop having babies! As moms get older, their bodies are not well equipped to continue to have babies. Isn't there a doctor that will explain this to these people?

Vicki

Old 01-31-2010, 10:55 AM

10,215 posts, read 17,909,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I just saw on TV that the Duggers have had another baby. However, this one was delivered early because of complications. Is this "someone's" way of letting them know that it is time to stop having babies! As moms get older, their bodies are not well equipped to continue to have babies. Isn't there a doctor that will explain this to these people?

Vicki
Their doctor was the one who caused all this to begin with! Their doctor was the one who took advantage of them in a highly emotional state and convinced them that any type of birth control was going against God's will and that God should decide when they should have kids and how many. In their mind, if God wants them to stop having children, he won't send them anymore. So they will continue to have as many kids as God wills, complications or not! You can't talk sense to people like that, especially if they still surround themselves with doctors who have religious agendas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities