Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:39 PM

50,416 posts, read 64,161,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Michelle's knocked up for the 19th time!

Apparently the Duggars just won't be happy until they have a Downs Syndrome baby! Seriously, do these people consider the risk of having babies at their age?
Wow, this was the FIRST thing I thought of too.
I wonder if the children are ever embarrassed? Those parents are like rabbits.
When Michelle starts popping out children with defects, with those aging eggs of hers, it will punish the whole family. The siblings will wind up having to support the retarded ones when the parents are gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 12:58 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,910,592 times
I don't care how many kids they have, as long as the still live a good life instead of turning into monsters like Jon and Kate.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:26 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,460,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Let's see I have 5 kids and take my tax breaks so I am having my lifestyles choices subsidized? Sure doesn't feel that way to me when I pay my tax payment every year or when my husbands paycheck comes home and I see much fed tax we had to pay.

We have no idea how much money these people have, or make or inherited or whether they pay any taxes or not.
You and your husband more than likely have fewer taxes taken out than a childless couple with the same income. So yes, your lifestyle choice is being subsidized.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:01 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,037,361 times
Ew, just...ew...

Old 09-02-2009, 02:24 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,873,077 times
If these people are not a burden on their state and living on the "dole"-they should be free to live their lives. He is a very successful Realtor in a prominently wealthy area.

The children seem very content and happy and with a family that large all chip in.

They as any person with children get a tax write-off but imagine the taxes they pay in other areas of everyday life.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:57 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,220,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
It's her age, not the number of children, that increase the risk for a Downs child.

I had my last child at 40 and throughout my pregnancy, the OB/GYN tortured with tales of older mothers having babies with Downs and many other risk. In fact, on my first visit to confirm pregnancy, the doctor actually suggested an abortion so I won't have to worry about the "risks".

My total number of children is, by the way, 5.
and she is older each pregnancy. your doctor suggesting abortion is over the top. that would only make sense if the chances of having a baby w/ Down's was higher than having a baby w/o.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:58 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,290,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
If these people are not a burden on their state and living on the "dole"-they should be free to live their lives. He is a very successful Realtor in a prominently wealthy area.

The children seem very content and happy and with a family that large all chip in.

They as any person with children get a tax write-off but imagine the taxes they pay in other areas of everyday life.
I agree with your post.

What a concept huh, a family that actually loves each other and all pitch in to help. Guess it is just to hard for some people to comprehend.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
That is retarted....why would they want a Downs sydrome baby? I am sure they consider the health of their baby and that is why she lives a very healthy lifestyle. Do most woman that have many children hope for a Downs baby
I don't think living a healthy life style in any way decreases your chance of having a baby with Down's.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I agree with you, and I think even when the cameras leave they still have a loving family. Theirs is a family that is an oddity in todays world and I think we as humans are more prone to question and even critize things we don't understand. And I don't mean oddity in that they have 18 kids but that they appear to be a loving family unit.

BTW according to the article I read they were not trying to have another baby, this was a suprise to them.
they don't "try" they don't not try. They don't use birth control.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:19 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,636,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I don't think living a healthy life style in any way decreases your chance of having a baby with Down's.
False. Helathy living has nothing to with the genetic mutation that produces downs syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities