Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:28 PM

10,217 posts, read 17,923,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
What business is it of yours?
I think when you put yourself in the public eye (ie, agreeing to your own TV show), you have to accept that people will develop different opinions about you. I appreciate that you know this family personally and therefore may feel defensive or protective of them - but if they are bothered by some of the things people say about them, they shouldn't have put themselves in the public eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 12:28 PM

497 posts, read 1,178,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I wonder could they have the huge house and lifestyle if they didn't have what TV pays them... that's like the lady (in Ca in Think)who gave birth to all those babies and just wants a TV show...it's like selling your kids; your family for money; poor taste when you really think about it...I doubt they'd stop having babies if the moneyflow stopped though, it's like tattoos and plastic surgery, an addiction, maybe they're addicted to the attention, or she loves being pregnant and the hormonal change...LOL hey we all have our weird things
but to each their own, it's their life...

Yes, they could. The Duggars were financially secure long before the TV Show. They pay for everything as they go. There is no mortage on that house and never was. Jim Bob made his money in Real Estate and Cell Phone Towers.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
I think when you put yourself in the public eye (ie, agreeing to your own TV show), you have to accept that people will develop different opinions about you. I appreciate that you know this family personally and therefore may feel defensive or protective of them - but if they are bothered by some of the things people say about them, they shouldn't have put themselves in the public eye.

They aren't bothered. They turn the other cheek. Jim Bob & Michelle would be the first ones to gently tell me not to be bothered by what is said about them. Having had the pleasure of meeting them I find it hard to see them judged. They judge no one.

I understand what you are saying and so do they. They knew they would judged going into the Show.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:42 PM

559 posts, read 1,759,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
What does this mean?
think about it for a while. other people got it , because ive never got so many reps from 1 post. if you still dont...send me a msg and i will explain.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:01 PM

Sounds like a family that has their act together.

With 18 kids and one more on the way – not to mention their first grandchild due in October – there's always something going on at the home of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, stars of the TLC series 18 Kids and Counting.

So what is a typical day like for mom, dad, Jana and John-David, 19; Jill, 18; Jessa, 16; Jinger, 15; Joseph, 14; Josiah, 13; Joy-Anna, 11; twins Jedidiah and Jeremiah, 10; Jason, 9; James, 8; Justin, 6; Jackson, 5; Johanna, 3; Jennifer, 2, and Jordyn-Grace, 8 months? (Oldest son Joshua, 21, lives with his wife Anna, also 21.)

Michelle, 42, shares their schedule with PEOPLE:

7 a.m.: Everyone gets up, gets dressed, brushes their teeth and washes up for breakfast. The older children help their "buddy" – the younger child they are responsible for – get ready.

8 a.m.: Family breakfast. Each week, they go through seven gallons of milk, 15 dozen eggs and 15 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios. After reading from the Bible, they do a "quick clean" of the house, with "everyone scurrying to do their chore," Michelle says.

9 a.m.: School, taught by mom, starts around the dining table. All of the children work at their own level for phonics and math. The older children also devote time to music – all Dugger kids learn violin and piano – and individual studies in math, English, spelling and typing.

12 p.m.: Lunch break. The family shops for bulk items once a month, and fresh fruit and vegetables every few days. "Usually, we are in the produce section buying huge quantities of apples, oranges, bananas, lettuce, carrots and things like that," Michelle says. They often fill six or seven grocery carts per trip to the store. Monthly budget for groceries and household items: $3,000.

1:30 p.m.: The youngest kids go down for nap.

2 p.m.: Michelle and the older children reconvene for lessons in science, history, law and medicine.

4 p.m.: Individual studies for the older children and free time.

5 p.m.: Dinner. Afterward, another "quick clean" of the house, followed by free time.

8 p.m.: Snack time, then group Bible study. The family also goes around the room to talk about what is going on in each child's life and day.

8:30 p.m.: Bedtimes begin.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:00 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,291,273 times
Quote:

I would think if they were bothered they would have already walked away or pulled a stunt like any other public figure does when they get upset. I think the Duggars are a good example of compassion (which IMO is in short supply in our country), love, kindness and any other platitudes one can attach to nice people. There doesn't seem to be any selfishness, any hatefulness or anything else that would deemed negative in their household.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:05 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,392,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeraKera View Post
I wonder can she even grip her husband's penis.
OMG! Thanks for putting that visual in my head!

It doesn't surprise me at all. I'm sure they will hit 20.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:05 PM

10,217 posts, read 17,923,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I would think if they were bothered they would have already walked away or pulled a stunt like any other public figure does when they get upset.
Yeah, that was my point. If the Duggars aren't bothered by it, why should anyone else get their panties in a bunch about other people's opinions?

Old 09-03-2009, 03:09 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,291,273 times
Quote:
Yeah, that was my point. If the Duggars aren't bothered by it, why should anyone else get their panties in a bunch about other people's opinions?
Because some of the things that are posted are downright disgusting.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Because some of the things that are posted are downright disgusting.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities