Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,283,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Who were those people? Kate haters who found the local PA CPS number? Seriously....

In what way? What are your sources? Can you cite them?

How much better it would be for those kids if Kate was lazy, sloppy, unorganized, unclean, etc. Ever watch the show "Hoarders" on A&E? Full of people who have REAL reasons for getting their kids taken away from them.... and it's not for being too clean or too organized. Kate's OCD is working for having 8 kids.

Of course it's not "normal". But neither is having 8 kids and living off of tax payers. They found a way to provide. You don't have to like the forum they chose to support the children they had, you don't have to agree with how many children they have, you don't have to like Kate's hair....but you have to give them some respect for not living off of tax payers monies and taking advantage of the new phenomenon that has hit TV in the past few years: reality TV shows centered around that which is NOT normal.

At the same time, if they had a quiet and respectable divorce (ie: Jon didn't get himself plastered all over the internet hanging on drunk girls at bars/cruising the Riviera with his 20-something /whoring around with Lohan/on every red carpet that would allow him) things might be different. I think of the Roloff's...should they be the "reality tv show" of the day getting divorced, and neither of the parents was whoring it up for everyone to see....it would get little to no attention.

Had Jon not been such a jerk the show could have turned into something showing how people who grow apart and have kids can make things work THROUGH a divorce. Yeah, pie in the sky....but at the same time if there was no blatent and in-your-face bad behavior on his part, if the separation and divorce didn't have some pathetic and immature undertones attached to it, and completely Jon's fault, they could have made it work. He's just too much of a child (and one does NOT wake up one day and revert back to the day of his 21st b-day) to have let that happen.
I do not give them any credit for letting cameras in there house. If they could not afford having 8 kids then they should not have had 8 kids. Yeah they found a way to provide and at the same time mess up there children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 01:59 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,101,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why would you think it's all right for a woman to have a "leash" on her husband? This statement tells me all I need to know.

some men(especially the immature ones)need that external control and actually seek out the women who will do that for them--ask any couples counselor--obviously j is one of those

Old 11-16-2009, 07:09 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,959,434 times
Quote:
That is just ridiculous.
Whatever.

Quote:
You say things like this and then feign some "Christian concern" about how you feel Kate isn't acting very Christian-like?
whatever.

Quote:
The kettle is calling....
whatever.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:13 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,959,434 times
Quote:
Are you a child psychologist?
Are you ?

Quote:
THEIR safety is at risk?
Yes that's what I and others have been saying.

Quote:
THEIR safety is at risk?[/ What do you know that no one else does?
I ask YOU the same question. What do you know about Jon and Kate's marriage that nobody else does ? What do you know about Kate being the innocent victim here while the rest of the world thinks that she has been out of line ? All you know is what you have seen on television, just like the rest of us.

Quote:
THEIR safety is at risk?Why such a myopic view?
I could ask you the same thing.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:27 PM

it's ok to have different views some of us can really see kate's issues and support her trying to cope,earn aliving,and live with and be near the kids--unlike her 9th child!

Old 11-16-2009, 01:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,249,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
it's ok to have different views some of us can really see kate's issues and support her trying to cope,earn aliving,and live with and be near the kids--unlike her 9th child!
so you are saying it's ok to have our opinions, but we're wrong.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:13 PM

444 posts, read 800,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
sure. I would have worded it nicer, but your way works too......

Old 11-17-2009, 06:46 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,718,251 times
I know this is kind of a hate post towards Jon and Kate, but I'm sure there are fans here too. I never was a fan until their marriage went bad and started watching it all the time with my wife.

Anyway, if you watched last night, there were two episodes. The first was special to us. If you watched, you heard Kate announce that she and the kids were eating at "Austins"....which we ate at about a month ago while in NEPA to celebrate our first anniversary. We had the waitress that was shown serving her and the kids.......she had told us she had been filmed, but seemed kind of flighty at first and we didn't believe her, but that was her. Also, the other segment had Kate and the kids at a gymnastics center. As they were coming out, there were numerous paparazzi there. When we were on our trip, we found their house, and we saw this one guy in particular with a BMW wagon canvassing their home. Lo and behold, there he was on that episode. He must make his living off of this.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
do you see the comment you are wrong or right in my post? the operative word here is one's own opinion

Old 11-17-2009, 11:02 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,249,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
do you see the comment you are wrong or right in my post? the operative word here is one's own opinion
It's implied. "some of us..." In other words, you and those who agree with you see it. The others don't. Really, who gives a crap about the opinion of some stranger in an internet forum regarding a couple of other strangers who happen to be famous for doing nothing special?

I find it interesting that you stand up so adamantly for women generally regarded as being total biatches. You are probably either the same way, or wish you were.

I give Kate credit for trying to earn a living and support her kids. Someone has to, yes, while Jon is out acting like a 21 year old. That doesn't mean she is without fault. far from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities