Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:31 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,770,508 times

Advertisements

I just Googled Cajun Restaurants in Charleston and came up with the ones below. I'm sure you can ask the owners where they get their crawfish.

Cajun Kountry Kitchen Cafe -
20 reviews - Place page
Welcome to Facebook - 1382 B Remount Rd, North Charleston - (843) 225-5591

Cajun Kitchen TV The - 1 review - Place page
The Cajun Kitchen .tv | Videos, Recipes, and Cooking Classes - 1826 Belgrade Avenue, Charleston - (843) 225-2939

Cajun Cafe - Place page
maps.google.com - 2150 Northwoods Blvd # Fc5, North Charleston - (843) 824-0888
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 09:52 PM

60 posts, read 164,186 times
Re: You don't like shrimp?! Wow!

It's not that I don't like shrimp, it's that crawfish is amazing compared to shrimp and I get bored of shrimp after a while -- I eat shrimp much more often than crawfish, lobster, or crab.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
I would try visiting Louisiana

why do people move here and ask for everything to be like where they came from, just stay there!

I don't really have a choice in moving. It's either go where my boyfriend gets a job or break up with him. Not exactly an easy thing to do just to stay where my favorite food is. Charleston is far from my first choice in a place to live, but you go where the money is. I'm doing my best to look forward to it; I know it's a beautiful place, very dog friendly, and I'm hoping to have a good time considering we'll probably be there for 5 or more years. So that, my friend, is why people move places and still want things from where they are from -- because we didn't really want to move away in the first place :P

Old 11-21-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers2010 View Post
I'm moving from Louisiana to Charleston in 3 weeks (very sad to be leaving my home!), so I feel your pain! I plan on buying crawfish and the "Louisiana" brand seasoning from cajungrocer.com and just making it myself. If you ever see a crazy lady pulling Tony's out of her purse in a restaurant - it's me! The food in Charleston is just so bland!

I lived in Phoenix, AZ the past 6 months (the bf had an internship at Boeing here and then he got the job offer in Charleston from that so I've just been yanked around the country lol) and they had plenty of tony's and other cajun/creole/louisiana seasonings (and frozen crawfish) in the normal grocery stores. I'm assuming that might be the case all over the country *crosses fingers*

Old 11-22-2010, 06:42 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,344,326 times
We normally have a crawfish boil/oyster roast every year....

The wife gets them shipped in from La......

There is a real nice place in MB that my wife loves to go to...

Landry's, she says it is a real La type resturant...

Old 11-22-2010, 12:07 PM

291 posts, read 548,412 times
I've been told there is a seafood place around Summerville that is a market and a restaurant in one. They are supposed to have live crawfish when they are in season. Not sure if that place is still in business or not as it was some time ago this information was shared with me.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:36 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,344,326 times
Yeah, the store is still there and they do sell crawfish, but I don't think they are from the US, think they are foreign....

Old 11-22-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Yeah, the store is still there and they do sell crawfish, but I don't think they are from the US, think they are foreign....
Yea it's imported from China but to me crawfish is just crawfish until you add Louisiana spices. Then it's ambrosia

Old 11-22-2010, 11:06 PM

I can't wait to check out some of the places you folks have been recommending

Old 11-23-2010, 06:48 AM

859 posts, read 1,363,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPuppy View Post
Yea it's imported from China but to me crawfish is just crawfish until you add Louisiana spices. Then it's ambrosia
All the frozen crawfish is imported; and there is a difference! I've had awful dried out, mushy in the frozen packages. You can order fresh crawfish meat from a lot of the online LA suppliers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area