Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 08:41 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,286,025 times

Advertisements

I'm just joking! MTp is still on the list definitely. I've lived many places and it's basically the same types of people/neighborhoods everywhere...

I like Belk...I've never seen a 200 dollar sundress in a Belk though! Whoa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 08:45 PM

Also not into Cajun food but do like a Cajun pasta dish with chicken I've gotten somewhere around here I can't remember. Is there a lot of seafood in charleston? There aren't a lot of seafood dishes I like :/

Old 02-04-2012, 09:04 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,596,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
I'm just joking! MTp is still on the list definitely. I've lived many places and it's basically the same types of people/neighborhoods everywhere...

I like Belk...I've never seen a 200 dollar sundress in a Belk though! Whoa!
I could have been exaggerating, but not by a lot. I have found their prices, unless on sale or in clearance, are kind of high, at least for me.

Quote:
Also not into Cajun food but do like a Cajun pasta dish with chicken I've gotten somewhere around here I can't remember. Is there a lot of seafood in charleston? There aren't a lot of seafood dishes I like :/
Could it have been at Gilligan's you had the dish? My mother had a cajun chicken alfredo dish there when she came to visit and really liked it.

There is a lot of seafood around. I'm the same way. I don't care for a lot of seafood dishes. I really wish that I liked oysters because of all the oyster roasts going on. I like shrimp, and there are always shrimp dishes wherever we go to eat. There are a lot of other dishes at all the restaurants like chicken, beef, pork, and pasta.

If you like sweets, the desserts around here are incredible! That is my big downfall.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:26 PM

No not Gilligans... Somewhere around here where i currently live...it's probably about the same though.

I LOVE DESSERTS! I'm currently on the cupcake bandwagon and have already spotted a place to try there .

Cupcake :: Make Life Sweet in Charleston, SC; Mt Pleasant, SC; Columbia, SC

Have you been?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM

I have been to Cupcake in Mount Pleasant and Charleston. They are very good, but Sugar Bakeshop has them beat! It is a small place and you can go in and buy single cupcakes and pastries.

Sugar Bakeshop: Charleston, SC

You should try the Peninsula Grill coconut cake. I will admit I haven't tried theirs but only because I found the recipe and made it myself. The cake was a good 10 lbs or so, had 10 sticks of butter, 4 or 5 cups of cream, and 11 cups of coconut. It takes 2 days to make and was worth every minute! I want to try the "real" one now to compare.

Ultimate Coconut Cake - Martha Stewart Recipes

If you haven't tried the pralines at River Street Sweets, you have to go there! They have the best pralines in Charleston!

Old 02-05-2012, 07:18 AM

506 posts, read 1,026,731 times
Quote:
I LOVE DESSERTS! I'm currently on the cupcake bandwagon and have already spotted a place to try there .

Cupcake :: Make Life Sweet in Charleston, SC; Mt Pleasant, SC; Columbia, SC

Have you been?
I have been, it is very good. If you like doughnuts you have to try this place:

Gourmet Doughnuts | Glazed | Donuts | Charleston Doughnuts

My favorite is the Maple Bacon doughnut.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:19 AM

I will try them all!

Except the bacon donut...my dh will love that though

Old 02-05-2012, 08:27 AM

So I make a lot of Paula Deen recipes...my dh says the food in charleston is probably like that.. Is that accurate?

Old 02-05-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
So I make a lot of Paula Deen recipes...my dh says the food in charleston is probably like that.. Is that accurate?
I'm not sure because I really haven't looked at Paula Dean recipes. There seem to be biscuits everywhere, green beans, collard greens, grits, and fried chicken (Poogan's Porch's is great!). Sweet potato biscuits are the best!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:30 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,344,326 times
Yes some of it is....

Her restaurant is in Savannah about two hours south of here, but the wait to get in is atrocious, we normally eat at Uncle Bubba's, it is her brother's restaurant basically the same food with out the wait....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area