Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,594,775 times

Advertisements

Charleston is terrible! The roads downtown are narrow, the summers are so humid it is like living in hell, wild hogs are taking over (just heard a news clip), and every house is infested with palmetto bugs a/k/a roaches! I won't even mention the snakes and alligators!

How's that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,283,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
Charleston is terrible! The roads downtown are narrow, the summers are so humid it is like living in hell, wild hogs are taking over (just heard a news clip), and every house is infested with palmetto bugs a/k/a roaches! I won't even mention the snakes and alligators!

How's that?
Perfect!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 PM

167 posts, read 315,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprouts View Post
Whenever I read "Should I move to Charleston?"......"No" pops into my head. But I'm a transplant so I have no room to talk.
Ditto.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,733,960 times
This is a funny idea, and I understand the frustration behind it, but I feel I have to point out what you're proposing falls under trolling, and if you do that, you might be treated as a troll.
Just a fair warning.
Yac.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:20 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,641,680 times
There is nothing wrong with "Trolling",,,,I catch plenty of fish while trolling........

Old 04-27-2012, 03:32 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,799,651 times
I always thought someone named Rick would look more like a guy.

Then again my name isn't steve anyway, sooo...

Old 04-27-2012, 04:53 AM

296 posts, read 528,927 times
I'm sorry but lying , really people? So the example that you want to show your friends and family is that it's ok to lie till you get your way? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if someone's mind is made up no matter what they read they will come. It's not their fault that noone saw this coming and did not want to make improvements in roads. Compared to busy metro areas this traffic is a cake walk. I enjoy looking for the snakes and gators. Maybe we should tell them that the annual snowfall is comprable to Ankorage Alaska............ but thats a lie.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,941,950 times
This thread makes me smile.

Last night I talked to one of the painting instructors, and in the course of the conversation mentioned that we had just arrived. When she asked from where, and discovered it was Chicago, she got all excited and told me she can't wait to get out of here and get to Chicago!

I think it's your heart that takes you to where you're going to live. The cities and towns across America are very similar in the way they are built. The features of the landscape can usually be found in several places.

It's something inside yourself that makes a place appealing or not. I have friends that love Pheonix, they say it's the best place on earth to live. I think it's......beige.

Last night Becky picked up a paint brush for the first time in 30 years. I sat spellbound and watched something amazing take place before my eyes. She took a gift that had been tightly locked away for reasons I will never understand, and began to use it again. Thats why we're here.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:43 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,183,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMedic View Post
I'm sorry but lying , really people? So the example that you want to show your friends and family is that it's ok to lie till you get your way? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if someone's mind is made up no matter what they read they will come. It's not their fault that noone saw this coming and did not want to make improvements in roads. Compared to busy metro areas this traffic is a cake walk. I enjoy looking for the snakes and gators. Maybe we should tell them that the annual snowfall is comprable to Ankorage Alaska............ but thats a lie.
I'm pretty sure if he/she really wanted to discourage people or lie, he/she wouldn't put it out there in an open forum. He was just being silly, not even meant to be taken seriously.

Sometimes it feels like we are giving away our best fishing spot but we'd never really lie or really even discourage someone. I just wish the natives would leave for a bit so us newbies can get a feel for what it used to be like.....

PS-I'm from Portland, Maine....only two hours north of Boston.....

Old 04-27-2012, 07:02 AM

2,501 posts, read 7,768,168 times
I have thought about that everytime someone asks if they should move here.....just saying no and telling all the negatives about living here. Even on Johns Island traffic is starting to pick up due to all of the new subdivisions going in. We don't have good schools out here, so that keeps a lot of folks away. The families who do move here pay to put their children in private schools or try to get them into West Ashley or James Island schools.

However, I do love it here and love the peace and quiet of country life, which on my road is still mostly wooded. I don't do a lot of promoting, but won't lie if asked......well, not much! hee hee (ok, that last part was a joke!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area