Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 07:35 AM

6 posts, read 5,501 times

Advertisements

Still with evac at 3 for coastal. What I did was give charge card to hotel holding my room so I don't lose it. Would Like to monitor all day, ideally stay here with my partner tonight and leave in am if need be. that way room will be avail for me, not worth stress of having no where to go. He is concerned I will be alone here if I stay, and he won't come home until mon am.
question, I have to "pass" 526 on Savannah to get to hotel further south. if i have printed out receipt confirmation, cops and Nat Guard can't "force" me onto 526 can they? she mentioned if roads gridlocked, have a right to force you onto evac routes yesterday. Such fun to worry about..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 07:43 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,970,128 times
It strangely feels like business as usual today. No panic at the gas stations or grocery stores like yesterday. I think everybody who panicked already left.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:07 AM

3,594 posts, read 4,365,941 times
Most of the gas stations in North MtP were bone dry by 7pm yesterday.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:13 AM

657 posts, read 740,546 times
Got gas this morning on Clements ferry

Old 10-05-2016, 08:27 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,970,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
Most of the gas stations in North MtP were bone dry by 7pm yesterday.
They all have gas now

Old 10-05-2016, 08:28 AM

252 posts, read 265,131 times
Any Ladson area folks know what the grocery stores are looking like? My plan was to try to stay up late last night and hit Walmart after the night stock crew have had time to do their thing, but I ended up passing out early. Hearing that things are a bit more calm today makes me feel a little better, so I'm thinking about heading out to pick up a few things.

I did 2 weeks worth of shopping Sunday, but the unfortunate thing is 90% of what I got is perishable. Wasn't counting on armageddon... heh... I figure I'll grab up some cans of soup and ravioli and some water. Got 2 bathrooms, so I'll fill one of my tubs up Friday or so before it hits.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:53 AM

3,594 posts, read 4,365,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
They all have gas now

Old 10-05-2016, 08:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,067,920 times
Just came back from the Harris Teeter on Ben Sawyer/Chuck Dawley. Bread is getting slim. Some canned goods a little light. They have water. Gas stations -- the one at the corner of 526/Bowman -- Exxon -- a little line waiting to get in. The Kangaroo just a little further down on Chuck Dawley -- nobody.

That's my report. I feel silly boarding up the windows & know it will be for nothing right?

Old 10-05-2016, 09:03 AM

10,147 posts, read 7,809,895 times
Just listened to the local 11am update. I took from the update that Chas would get tropical winds of up to 40mph late Friday and into Saturday. I think I may just stay. I can handle that but will wait until tonight to cancel my reservations.

Today I actually found a hotel on outskirts of Columbia with one room left for Friday night. I grabbed it to be on the safe side and got confirmation but nothing stated smoking room or not so I called them and they told me they were full and didn't understand how I was able to make a reservation. I told them I received a confirmation #, but he said there are no rooms. He's supposed to call me back. If I were you and you are going to a hotel, you might want to call the hotel to double check you actually have reservations.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:18 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,953,510 times
Our current plan is to stay put. Sometimes when you evacuate, the gendarmes can make it difficult getting back into your own home after the one day event. We've got plenty of bottled water, and I just put the patio furniture away. If the power goes out........we'll empty the freezer and cook out on the BBQ.

I have just one question.
If the power does go out -- how do the Garage Door Openers work ??? Is there a manual override to get that door open ?? Or do I have to bust thru that door like the Dukes of Hazard ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area