Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
I was referring the the part that was not torn down. Try to read posts in the "context" they were posted in. CB this is why nobody gives you any credibility.

In any case this topic is about the ever increasing violent crime in Charlotte.
“I was talking about the part that wasn’t torn down”. LMAO!!! Do you know how that sounds? Like I said, people read your posts and they can see how credible your comments are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 AM

495 posts, read 1,077,634 times
Quote:
In any case this topic is about the ever increasing violent crime in Charlotte.
Ever-increasing? Don't stats. show that violent crime is down markedly over the past 20 years in this city? Just because the CO reports on every single shooting is in itself a reflection that shootings are still news. In many major cities you don't even get such comprehensive coverage.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,287,595 times
Yes, ever increasing. As noted above, the neighborhood where this criminal violent activity took place was a nice place years ago. I would not want to drive through there now.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Yes, ever increasing. As noted above, the neighborhood where this criminal violent activity took place was a nice place years ago. I would not want to drive through there now.
See, there’s that credibility issue I mentioned earlier. Violent crime is not up in Charlotte, its down. We discussed this on another thread and I provided links…you did not, but that’s nothing new. In a perfect world, there would be no crime in Charlotte and this would be Mayberry. But its not, it’s a big city where “stuff happens”. So even though crime is down, crime is still going to occur. Previous thread - https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ross-city.html

Old 07-26-2011, 10:11 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Charlotte isn't a mess and I think residents of Charlotte are tired of seeing certain posters celebrate every time a shooting is reported. It's almost like a few of you don't want crime to go down...

This discussion reminds me of the car commercial with the girl on the laptop talking about her parents who don't have friends (facebook friends)...

Charlotte isn't this scary city some are trying to make it out to be.... crime is DOWN!!!

Old 07-26-2011, 10:13 AM

495 posts, read 1,077,634 times
Quote:
And there are neighborhoods in town that were warzones years ago that are now pretty safe. So just saying that some neighborhoods change in one direction or another doesn't say much about the situation in the aggregate.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
See, there’s that credibility issue I mentioned earlier. ...
Son, I was there. All you can do is post links to articles from the Charlotte Observer that you can google up. If this is how you do it, the credibility issue is yours to prove. One hint, a dying newspaper that is beholding to it's advertisers isn't high on anyone's list of credible sources.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheronNC View Post
And there are neighborhoods in town that were warzones years ago that are now pretty safe. ...
Which ones?

Old 07-26-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Which ones?
1st Ward

Old 07-26-2011, 10:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
mod note

Guys lets debate the topic or validity of the topic not the creator of the topic since they are only reporting whats on the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte