Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 02:06 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
A good bit? I recall that complaining being loud and clear well before the first air strikes began!

No one moaned then. Good lord...
I am with you and lowcountry on that one, Brian. I was loudly protesting . . . and further, kept saying . . . Bush I had the sense to get in and get out . . . you would think W would take a page out of Daddy's book. That is what others were saying to me, too.

So I dunno . . . maybe there were some folks not complaining loudly and clearly . . . the voices I heard were pretty damn disgusted.

This OWS thing had potential b/c people were willing to turn out for it (well, had nothing better to do since they were unemployed and/or students, it appears). It had the potential of being as massive as the Viet Nam protests but someone just screwed up somewhere . . . Boomers were organized. This group isn't, wh/ is weird, cause look at the instant communication we have now that we didn't have in the 60s.

On top of that, Charlotte's group seems to be petered out. I don't think they have the heart for it, seeing all the layoffs at BoA (it is disheartening). And, to paraphrase Forrest Gump, That's all I can say about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 02:09 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am with you and lowcountry on that one, Brian. I was loudly protesting . . . and further, kept saying . . . Bush I had the sense to get in and get out . . . you would think W would take a page out of Daddy's book. That is what others were saying to me, too.

So I dunno . . . maybe there were some folks not complaining loudly and clearly . . . the voices I heard were pretty damn disgusted.
Distortion of the truth is an amazing thing, isn't it.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Distortion of the truth is an amazing thing, isn't it.
As with so many things I have witnessed in my 1/2 Century of living . . . revisionist history at work.

Like I said - there may have been those who were silent . . . but not anyone I knew, lol.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:14 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,152 times
Quote:
No one moaned about the Iraq war????????????????????????

I'm speechless....
No brian that is not what I said...what I said was no-one was moaning that their was no clear directive. baby bush was pissed and wanted to make a point, he sure didn't think it through. But the repubs weren't whining about that.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
No brian that is not what I said...what I said was no-one was moaning that their was no clear directive. baby bush was pissed and wanted to make a point, he sure didn't think it through. But the repubs weren't whining about that.
Kitty, GOP was screaming about it. Trust me on that one. Everyone thought it was a sucko move and gonna cost folks seats in the next election.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:17 PM

841 posts, read 1,432,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Actually there was a clear directive, and it was supported by the Senate 77-23 and by the House 296-133.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:18 PM

BTW - did you notice UNC invited Charlotte's occupiers over to their campus but they had to clear out b/c of the holidays and campus closing.

So where are the remaining faithful now? Anyone know? (location)

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-18-2011 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: orphan- the referring post deleted

Old 11-18-2011, 02:45 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,020,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Kitty, GOP was screaming about it. Trust me on that one. Everyone thought it was a sucko move and gonna cost folks seats in the next election.
GOP didn't start screaming about it until a year or two in. In 02 and 03, you were downright "un-Amuricun" if you were anti-war.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:48 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
GOP didn't start screaming about it until a year or two in. In 02 and 03, you were downright "un-Amuricun" if you were anti-war.
That was the sentiment exactly.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:49 PM

841 posts, read 1,432,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post

But we are getting far of point. This has nothing to do with OWS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte