Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times

Advertisements

That is the problem.

People who have nothing? How do you know what I have and don't? You do not.

I answered the questions above.

My thoughts on corruption is DC are VERY biblical based.

Next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
again if you think a person is going to go to washington and not take money you are naive. they all do it. thats why term limits would be a great idea.

I can tell you your views on this issue are far from right wing. Like the other poster just said how would you fix the system?

How many millionaire or billionaire's do you know? One that I know came here on a boat with nothing and made his fortune. I guess we should take it from him. Another here in charlotte was dirt poor as a boy but made something of himself starting 2 businesses. I guess he didnt earn it either.

I shudder anytime somebody with no money starts talking about the haves and how they have too much money. How much is too much? At what point shouldn't they be allowed to have anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 08:53 AM

841 posts, read 1,432,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
That is the problem.

How do you know what I have and don't? You do not.

Perhaps the same way you "know" that those who have money today either inherited it or were bought off.

Sorry for sounding snarky; I couldn't pass it up though. ;-)

Old 11-21-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
Perhaps the same way you "know" that those who have money today either inherited it or were bought off.
Their backgrounds are public knowledge.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:

You still haven't answered the specific questions that I asked you previously when you made that statement.

But to your point: yet another stereotyping; you have read up on the backgrounds of everyone "with money?"

I think I can sum up your stance in a few words: You dislike the rich and don't think they should have much of their money because you don't think they deserve it. That money should instead go to the government to be given to those who don't have money.

Is that about right?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:58 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
start naming names that didnt earn it. still didnt answer my question how much is too much money for one person to have? and who determines that ?

Old 11-21-2011, 09:03 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
A Republican Conservative, an oxymoron that is only viable in regards to social issues. Every repubilican president I can remember is a spend-a-holic, even Reagan. Not on social programs but on "things" that matter to their constiuents or deemed "important" to them. Sure, the system is broken but labeling people as liberals and conservatives in an attempt to justify incompetence on one side or the other just makes it worse.

If by calling yourself a "conservative" makes one rest easier at night thinking WE aren't the problem, then go for it. The finanical issues were generated by both parties as a result of slick opportunist. I don't think anyone has a clue as to how to really fix it. A lot of people inherit wealth, it's a close knit community, but realistically the policies are written by wealthy people so not much is gonna change there. Go ahead with the OWS stuff, it's kinda cute...at least thats the way it looks from the ivory tower.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
You still haven't answered the specific questions that I asked you previously when you made that statement.

But to your point: yet another stereotyping; you have read up on the backgrounds of everyone "with money?"

I think I can sum up your stance in a few words: You dislike the rich and don't think they should have much of their money because you don't think they deserve it. That money should instead go to the government to be given to those who don't have money.

Is that about right?

No that is not right and yes I DID answer your questions. Please scroll up and read them over and over, they will not change just because you do not like the answer and feel the need to ask again. Seriously.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
start naming names that didnt earn it. still didnt answer my question how much is too much money for one person to have? and who determines that ?
No one ever said there was such a thing as too much, that is the point you are missing. Now listen, this will give you some time to go do some research because I have to go do some cooking. There are some good links here in this thread.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
No that is not right and yes I DID answer your questions. Please scroll up and read them over and over, they will not change just because you do not like the answer and feel the need to ask again. Seriously.

Humor me because I haven't seen your response to my questions from last night. If they are there could you at least prove me wrong by copying and pasting?

And if I am not right about your stance, could you please just give it to us in a sentence without telling us to find it in this thread somewhere? That's what I mean about wiggling out of a question. I can't like your response if I don't even know what the responses are.

Why so obtuse?

For starters, this question: "Again - if their money was not obtaining illegally then what right do we have to demand they hand it over?"

Last edited by lowercountry; 11-21-2011 at 09:57 AM..

Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Humor me because I haven't seen your response to my questions from last night. If they are there could you at least prove me wrong by copying and pasting?

And if I am not right about your stance, could you please just give it to us in a sentence without telling us to find it in this thread somewhere? That's what I mean about wiggling out of a question. I can't like your response if I don't even know what the responses are.

Why so obtuse?

Your repetition is getting ridiculous. If you are interested go back through the thread, I don't have anything to prove to you and if you wanted to know so bad, go hunt out the posts instead of attempting to create diversions here.

No one is ducking and diving from you, get over yourself and what you deem such delving questions that have been answered, time and again. If you want to continue this discussion do it through dm for the sake of the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte