Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 08:02 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I think its great that they signed that pledge. We should be lowering the tax rates. get the government out of the way. Why too much money is being spent but you liberals want even more. Spending over 3 trillion dollars a year isn't enough.

I love that you got fired up about the left wing comment liberals always hate to be called liberals. I love it. I don't hide behind posts. I'll tell anyone. I'm as conservative as they come. I want government out of my life, and any problems I have I will deal with. I'm sure you'll fire back with something oh I'm not liberal I'm independent

So you think that it is ok, that they sold out ? You think it is ok the tea partiers are being bought now? By being conservative, by definition you would dislike a lying politician but you are putting a new spin on that, cause you are ok with the lies and corrupt bought and paid for politics. Hurray for today, to hell with tommorow.

I didn't get fired up.....you see I am one of those CHRISTIAN right-wingers, so you got that wrong. Yes! Cling to my guns and religion! LOL! What I do know is
this country is in trouble and what has been done hasn't worked. The top 400 people in this country own more than the bottom 150 million and this country can not sustain that. Nor can a country who produces nothing survive, Rome is the best example of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 AM

Oh and by signing that pledge, they are setting themselves up to be tossed out in mass come election time because they are viewed as do-nothings.

And the congress lowest the rating of approval that they have EVER held. Speaks volumes.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 AM

841 posts, read 1,432,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You are welcome to dm me....this isn't about the economic system I (or anybody would want).
If it's not about the economic system then what the heck is it about?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
If it's not about the economic system then what the heck is it about?

The current chatter is about what and who OWS stands for.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
The current chatter is about what and who OWS stands for.
And that chatter is about the economic system!

Whenever we try to pin you down for specifics about your thoughts on the issues you squirm and avoid the questions.

Quote:
The top 400 people in this country own more than the bottom 150 million and this country can not sustain that. Nor can a country who produces nothing survive, Rome is the best example of that.
Let's assume you are correct in your assumptions: what are your CONCRETE, Specific ideas on fixing that "inequity."

Old 11-21-2011, 08:29 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
So you think that it is ok, that they sold out ? You think it is ok the tea partiers are being bought now? By being conservative, by definition you would dislike a lying politician but you are putting a new spin on that, cause you are ok with the lies and corrupt bought and paid for politics. Hurray for today, to hell with tommorow.

I didn't get fired up.....you see I am one of those CHRISTIAN right-wingers, so you got that wrong. Yes! Cling to my guns and religion! LOL! What I do know is
this country is in trouble and what has been done hasn't worked. The top 400 people in this country own more than the bottom 150 million and this country can not sustain that. Nor can a country who produces nothing survive, Rome is the best example of that.
No I'm not ok with them taking money, but understand they will be up for reelection in the spring. If in fact they sold out they will be dealt with. I really don't care if they take money or not. I care in how they vote. They all are going to take money to get reelected.

I love how you claim to be a Christian right-winger, while I'm sure you go to church your posts don't support your claims of being right wing. Sorry you don't past the sniff test.

I also don't care about 400 people having more wealth than the bottom 150 million in this country. this country may have warts, but the fact of the matter is you don't have to stay in that bottom. This is still one of the few countries that you can affect your own lot in life.

It ticks me off that people want to take wealth away from people who worked hard to earn that wealth. get off your butt and go earn some yourself!

Old 11-21-2011, 08:39 AM

You do realize that the people they take the money from is HOW and WHAT they vote on/for.

Sniff test, how funny....you must be new here....I haven't looked at your post count. But time and time again I have been flamed and trolled for my CHRISTIAN RIGHT WING views.

You see even those that have the money today didn't earn it. They inherited it or have been bought and paid for. Period. What is good for the goose is good for the gander and that is what is wrong......one side doesn't want the other stealing their corrupt power/thunder and that is why nothing is this country gets done and accomplished. We are laughing stock of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
No I'm not ok with them taking money, but understand they will be up for reelection in the spring. If in fact they sold out they will be dealt with. I really don't care if they take money or not. I care in how they vote. They all are going to take money to get reelected.

I love how you claim to be a Christian right-winger, while I'm sure you go to church your posts don't support your claims of being right wing. Sorry you don't past the sniff test.

I also don't care about 400 people having more wealth than the bottom 150
million in this country. this country may have warts, but the fact of the matter is you don't have to stay in that bottom. This is still one of the few countries
that you can affect your own lot in life.

It ticks me off that people want to take wealth away from people who worked
hard to earn that wealth. get off your butt and go earn some yourself!

Old 11-21-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
And that chatter is about the economic system!

Whenever we try to pin you down for specifics about your thoughts on the issues you squirm and avoid the questions.

Let's assume you are correct in your assumptions: what are your CONCRETE, Specific ideas on fixing that "inequity."

No one is "squirming".... I am here and replying. You don't like my replies so therefore you keep asking, we have been down this road rime and time again.

And fixing that inequity has been addressed on one platform as to taxes and corporations. No more lobbyists.
READ. Words mean something.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
You see even those that have the money today didn't earn it. They inherited it or have been bought and paid for.
That's an awfully brash and outlandish statement you make there. So no one who is "rich" today earned? Really?

Let's assume for a second you are correct. My response? SO WHAT? It's not against the law to inherit money - someone's family did well for themselves and they have the right to pass it on.

And to your point about being "bought"? Again, if laws were not broken then you don't have a point.

Your entire stance in this thread seems to be lobbing around vague generalities without any concrete, substantive solutions.

Quote:
No one is "squirming".... I am here and replying. You don't like my replies so therefore you keep asking, we have been down this road rime and time again.

And fixing that inequity has been addressed on one platform as to taxes and corporations. No more lobbyists.
READ. Words mean something.
We're been down this road before because you never answer requests for specifics. You either tell us to look it up in a thread of nearly 80 pages or such. I don't like your replies because you don't answer the questions for specifics very often.

Your solution for fixing inequity is just tax more? That's specious at best. Explain exactly how taxing the rich more fixes the inequity. How does taxing the rich help curb poverty for example?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
You do realize that the people they take the money from is HOW and WHAT they vote on/for.

Sniff test, how funny....you must be new here....I haven't looked at your post count. But time and time again I have been flamed and trolled for my CHRISTIAN RIGHT WING views.

You see even those that have the money today didn't earn it. They inherited it or have been bought and paid for. Period. What is good for the goose is good for the gander and that is what is wrong......one side doesn't want the other stealing their corrupt power/thunder and that is why nothing is this country gets done and accomplished. We are laughing stock of the world.
again if you think a person is going to go to washington and not take money you are naive. they all do it. thats why term limits would be a great idea.

I can tell you your views on this issue are far from right wing. Like the other poster just said how would you fix the system?

How many millionaire or billionaire's do you know? One that I know came here on a boat with nothing and made his fortune. I guess we should take it from him. Another here in charlotte was dirt poor as a boy but made something of himself starting 2 businesses. I guess he didnt earn it either.

I shudder anytime somebody with no money starts talking about the haves and how they have too much money. How much is too much? At what point shouldn't they be allowed to have anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte