Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:20 AM

32 posts, read 53,313 times

Advertisements

This post was never meant to put down Charlotte as some of you closed minded thinkers would judge. In the future please read the entire thread. This will be my last post, Good day.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:28 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,781,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mennc View Post
This post was never meant to put down Charlotte as some of you closed minded thinkers would judge. In the future please read the entire thread. This will be my last post, Good day.
You get all defensive/emotional/mad because you can't explain yourself in a post?

All you had to do was correct yourself and you would've gotten direct answers to your questions, but one of these posts must've really asked you a question that you didn't want to hear.

Hopefully you'll calm down and open up instead of obviously posting things YOU want to hear. People can help if you are willing to WANT the help.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:15 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,691,148 times
Lightbulb As My Young Niece Says---Oh No You DIDN'T!

Quote:
Yet another caring person- ya'll enjoy Thanksgiving, I have a life to attend to.
Once again, I apologize to my Charlotte friends for chiming in, but stuff like this makes my blood boil...

You make an OP about 'your life turned upside down after moving to Charlotte'...folks in Charlotte asked you to be more specific in your definition as to 'what' got turned upside down...and since no one offered you a blankie, a cookie, or a glass of milk (aka patting you on the head and telling you what you want to hear, instead of keeping it real and wanting you to get to the point), then you bust all snark-ola and tell folk to 'enjoy Thanksgiving...I have a life to attend to'? They have lives too, and they took time FROM said lives to try and probe for more information, so they could give an honest answer to you, and you take the low road and get smart...alrighty then...

Well it's like this...if you smear yourself with ground chuck and jump into the lion cage at the zoo, just to see what will happen, don't start crying when the lions have you for an appetizer...

Old 11-26-2011, 09:00 AM

14 posts, read 21,502 times
Sorry, but no one asked for your input!...You are not even from NC....You jump on the bandwagon to humiliate and try to make the other person feel worse then they already do...Sure, kick other people when they are down...Sure seems like that's the mentality on here...I sincerely feel sorry for you to have so much hatred in your heart!!!! I wonder how you treat people when you are face to face with them...Here you hide behind a computer, so you can act anyway you choose...Whatever happened to humanity?....

Old 11-26-2011, 11:12 AM

149 posts, read 328,940 times
Quote:
Whoa, whoa- I never said it was myself who had their life turned upside down. I have recently come in contact with people who have moved here from other places that don't like it here in NC. One had lost their job, another his wife passed, tons of divorces after relocating and was wondering if people were moving back after such a horrible event or staying put.
FYI DMG thanks for the support!
^^^^ Why are there still responses accusing the OP of having his own life turned upside down after moving to NC after he clearly stated this was not his personal situation? Maybe he would've gotten a better response if he had asked this question by randomly selecting and speaking to people in person.

OP, My life wasn't turned upside down after giving NC (Charlotte) a try. I decided it wasn't in the best interest of my teenage son after I read this article plus looked at news reports of the increasing number of Gang activity which led me to leave Charlotte. It was my fault by not doing through research before going to Charlotte. Below is the link about the gang activity in Charlotte you can copy and paste it to read it.

CrimeInCharlotte.com (http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/2011/10/fbi-gangs-growing-fastest-in.html - broken link)

Old 11-26-2011, 11:26 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,227,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmom6722 View Post
^^^^ Why are there still responses accusing the OP of having his own life turned upside down after moving to NC after he clearly stated this was not his personal situation? Maybe he would've gotten a better response if he had asked this question by randomly selecting and speaking to people in person.

OP, My life wasn't turned upside down after giving NC (Charlotte) a try. I decided it wasn't in the best interest of my teenage son after I read this article plus looked at news reports of the increasing number of Gang activity which led me to leave Charlotte. It was my fault by not doing through research before going to Charlotte. Below is the link about the gang activity in Charlotte you can copy and paste it to read it.

CrimeInCharlotte.com (http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/2011/10/fbi-gangs-growing-fastest-in.html - broken link)
Sorry, but when I see Juggalos listed as a gang in your cited link it loses all credibility. If Juggalos are a gang, then so are DeadHeads, Phish heads, Parrot Heads, etc...

Old 11-26-2011, 11:44 AM

149 posts, read 328,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Sorry, but when I see Juggalos listed as a gang in your cited link it loses all credibility. If Juggalos are a gang, then so are DeadHeads, Phish heads, Parrot Heads, etc...

LOL..... The Juggalos wasn't the deciding factor for me this news report was. In the addition to the CMS drama. I'm not looking for a debate since I don't dislike Charlotte or the other counties I've visited in the area. I just think when moving anyplace, doing research is always beneficial.

Report: Gangs Flourishing In Charlotte Area - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Old 11-26-2011, 03:18 PM

763 posts, read 826,375 times
Quote:
"Closed minded thinkers" doesn't even fit the situation. You need to present comprehensible information when writing. Good day.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:30 PM

HMMMM, It seems that perhaps a nerve has been hit with some locals. Thank you everyone for the DM's & comments, I appreciate it.

mod cut

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-26-2011 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: flaming

Old 11-26-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
You get all defensive/emotional/mad because you can't explain yourself in a post?

All you had to do was correct yourself and you would've gotten direct answers to your questions, but one of these posts must've really asked you a question that you didn't want to hear.

Hopefully you'll calm down and open up instead of obviously posting things YOU want to hear. People can help if you are willing to WANT the help.
Emotional, mad, defensive- you must be kidding. How am I not calm?

Just to set the record straight I don't remember asking for help, just simply stated that I came in contact with some people going through some bad times and asked if anyone went back to their home state. That's it. FYI- I did correct myself.

Sorry, I'm not being all mad or emotional but I have some chores to do, I hope that doesn't offend anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte