Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:22 PM

183 posts, read 383,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
Well. The above post is no longer true. No more Chick-fil-A for me! I'm disappointed. Yes, I've seen the sites that list all 487 ingredients in their sandwich, I know it's fast food, not local, from factory chickens. I still chose to go there a few times a year, because for what it was, it was good, the service was always excellent (rare in big cities these days), and our local Chick-fil-A worked hard to promote community events.

They will no longer get my occasional dollars:

http://news.change.org/stories/yes-c...me-sex-couples

And before folks chime in about how they have the right to support or not support what they please: Yes. They absolutely do! AND they will experience consequences for those choices.
I'm with you. I will never buy anything from them either.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:08 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I'm going to write the same exact statements above. However, I will substitute the word "homosexuals" with "interracial couples". Observer:

Being against "interracial couples" isn't the same as hating them...
I'm not a fan of "interracial couples" but I'm still friends with people who are in "interracial relationships". I know that sounds like "No way, I have friends" but it's the truth.
While I think people are born that way there are tons of women who choose to be in an "interracial relationship" because they lost faith in their own race.
Not sure about the men because that's too involved but some women are running to people of a different race because they feel they can't find that soul mate.

^^^My point here is that IF we substituted your statements about gays with "interracial couples", "obesity", "cancer patients" etc etc etc; by most standards, you would come off as being somewhat of a bigot. However, the same statements about same sex couples is somehow "OK". Well NO, it's NOT "ok" IMO. No more Chick-Fil-A for me and my family (same goes for ANY other restaurant chain that promotes hatred/superiority with a side of archaic prehistoric knuckle-dragging morality that divides mankind).
you can substitute it with whatever word you like to feel like a victim but the reality is "interracial" and "homosexuals" are 2 different things.

I love my wife but if I substitute mistress with wife I'm in big trouble.

I can be against something without hating it....

Old 12-02-2011, 01:12 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,018,280 times
So then, I take it we should only buy products from companies that hold the same fundamental beliefs as we do? Perhaps Christians shouldn't buy products from Jewish-owned companies because they don't share the same personal savior? Blacks should only buy from black-owned businesses, and atheists from atheist-owned businesses? Sorry, but I disagree.

To me, it's just a chicken sandwich. When I'm hungry, I don't care so much about the owner's personal beliefs. Sure, you're free to boycott products and companies that support causes you are against, but isn't America the place where we have the right to free speech and religion? I DON'T agree with CFA's stance on same-sex marriage (and I'm not real crazy about them closing on Sundays either). But the place to change things like this is the ballot box.

I suppose this thread has strayed very far from its original topic, and wouldn't be surprised to see some moderator nuke it.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
So then, I take it we should only buy products from companies that hold the same fundamental beliefs as we do? Perhaps Christians shouldn't buy products from Jewish-owned companies because they don't share the same personal savior? Blacks should only buy from black-owned businesses, and atheists from atheist-owned businesses? Sorry, but I disagree.

To me, it's just a chicken sandwich. When I'm hungry, I don't care so much about the owner's personal beliefs. Sure, you're free to boycott products and companies that support causes you are against, but isn't America the place where we have the right to free speech and religion? I DON'T agree with CFA's stance on same-sex marriage (and I'm not real crazy about them closing on Sundays either). But the place to change things like this is the ballot box.

I suppose this thread has strayed very far from its original topic, and wouldn't be surprised to see some moderator nuke it.
bingo....I know CFA wears there beliefs on their sleeve so it's easier to boycott based on those beliefs but gimme a break, tons of companies support things we probably don't agree with...

I boycott CFA on Sundays

Old 12-02-2011, 01:44 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,985 times
And what this topic has to do with Charlotte, I have no idea....

Old 12-02-2011, 01:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
CFA is a chain that is in Charlotte.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
there are chick filet's in charlotte

Old 12-02-2011, 01:51 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,985 times
Yeah, but they are also in 40 something other states. Seems like this should be in another forum since it is purely political and does not really relate with Charlotte only. What next, a McDonalds rant?

I guess the rules "All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants." does not apply here.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but they are also in 40 something other states. Seems like this should be in another forum since it is purely political and does not really relate with Charlotte only. What next, a McDonalds rant?

I guess the rules "All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants." does not apply here.
if McDonald's makes a Charlotte resident mad then sure... LOL

Old 12-02-2011, 02:01 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
There beliefs are nothing new, I knew about years ago there stance on gay miscarriage but its still quality chicken fast food restaurant.
Its a christian company they can have their beliefs as long as it does not effect me directly, I kinda dont have a problem with it unless it comes to employees.

If they do not hire or fire someone who is gay like the Cracker Barrel in Charlotte did years ago then its a issue. This was Cracker Barrel reason
Quote:
The statement said employing non-heterosexuals was inconsistent with the values of Cracker Barrel's customer base.
This thread had me wonder I wonder if CFA discriminates against race as I really dont remember seeing other ethnic employees or management, but that just my recollection from the one in Huntersville.

Bottom line is get out and vote May 8th primary and vote NO for this stupid useless discriminatory amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte