Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 PM

474 posts, read 496,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Honestly honey, you are now making a mountain out of a molehill. Please stop, I'm embarrassed for you.

You really don't want to become one of those guys who is his own worst enemy, do you?

No one here "hates" anyone. And there is also absolutely no evidence that anyone here is intolerant of "your" race. This stuff is happening in your head - and all because you didn't make the cut at an exclusive club That's just silly.

My son said to tell you he's been denied access half the time he's tried to get into Butter. When he's brought a good looking lady with him, he always gets in
I don't care about a club anymore, it's not about that now. It's about the kind of stuff I face on a daily basis that matters more, and I have my own reasons to not consider this the kind of place I would be happy settling down in.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
In your very first post you said...

looks like the South alone was stuck in the past.

...and it went downhill from there. You never expressed an opinion. You started this thread by attacking the entire South, then Charlotte, and anyone that isn't brown (by association), etc., etc.

Don't even play the victim card too. You started it, then got all whiny when some of us didn't appreciate your generalized insults.
You are right with some of the stuff, however I didn't attack anyone based on whether they were brown or not. I am not playing the victim card either, I just wanted to find out what people thought about the kind of open discrimination that's practiced in Charlotte specifically when it comes to their dance bars, and the attitude and opinions of people here more than proved that point to me. Thanks for that.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,834,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
I don't care about a club anymore, it's not about that now. It's about the kind of stuff I face on a daily basis that matters more, and I have my own reasons to not consider this the kind of place I would be happy settling down in.
I do hope you will really THINK HARD about what I said "everywhere you go there you are".

This is about you, not the city you are in.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:29 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,981,796 times
Quote:
Yes I played them all because I experienced them all in the short stay here. Notice that I didn't say anything of that sort about any other place I had been in, only Charlotte. Looks like you have the same dismissive attitude that Peyton C has, just because you haven't experienced the things I mentioned above doesn't necessarily mean they don't exist.

Good luck calling your place a progressive one with that kind of an attitude you possess, I certainly would never recommend anyone to even consider this a place to settle down, esp. if they happen to be one of the minorities.
Oh Good Lord. The Scorpio is one of the oldest establishments of this type on the entire East Coast of the USA, if not the oldest, located right here in Charlotte and you won't absolutely won't get more progressive than this. The place is packed with 1000s almost any night they are open. They would even welcome you there. The Scorpio absolutely disproves everything you have said about Charlotte and IMO, given your responses here, the bouncer rejected you for your attitude before thinking about what color you happen to be.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,878,247 times
Quote:
The fact that I have views that are contrary to your's makes you threaten me here, is that part of your Southern culture too? I would have no issues saying this to your face because I am that kind of a person who calls a spade a spade. Besides, the fact that you come online to threaten someone and feel better about it makes me feel that you are just another "internet tough guy".

Or are you a psychopath who goes around killing people just because they have an opinion that's different from your's? Is that part of your Southern culture too, it's people like that are a typical representative of the Southern intolerant racist bully(although only online). It would be really great to see what you could do to me because I would have no hesitation to call a spade a spade in front of anyone, there's not a lick you can do about it internet "tough guy".

Hahahahahah wow this thread got busy tonight. YOU ARE HILARIOUS!! You are out of your mind. I wasn't threatening you, I don't hate Indian people, I am not an internet tough guy, etc. You are seriously butthurt because I called you out for being a TOTAL COWARD on here...you were not sharing your opinion. You were outright attacking and generalizing white people from the south. I offered to hear your concerns in person (you're scared). You have a complete lack of social skills and you will be miserable EVERYWHERE you go because you live with a victimhood mentality. You are a disgrace to your own race. Get a grip on reality. You seriously need help. Have you read back through anything you said in here? You are a coward, a racist, and a self-hating bigot that will never be happy. You wouldn't last two minutes with half of the good, southern, REAL MEN (or women) that you are talking trash about. You are a complete joke. I refuse to waste any more time with your complete garbage.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,691,076 times
I just wasted some time reading more of this stuff and as usual, you better not have a negative view about something in Charlotte. At least not on this forum. I just re-read the OP's original inquiry. He was immediately attacked. All, please go back to page 1.

Question - I do not if any of the voices here are mod's but if so, can a mod really be so slighted? Couldn't be. So I answered my own question. The comments were not from any mods.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
You seem like a psychopath, internet is a medium for people to express their opinions and I expressed mine. You showed the classic racist and intolerant attitude of Southerners by trying to threaten me online,
What did you show in your posts? You are seriously totally oblivious to yourself.

Quote:
however the fact is that you are just an internet tough guy that hides behind a screen and tries to issue threats to people. It wouldn't take me much time to track you down and report you to the appropriate authorities for your extremist behavior and intolerance towards minorities, are a member of the Klan yourself? Seems like it.

LOL seriously? First of all, I just wanted to meet for lunch. Tell WHOEVER you want to what I said, and they will laugh in your face. BTW, Who is "hiding behind a screen"? I will gladly tell you who I am, where I live, etc....I'm not scared of you. I was the one that offered a face-to-face meeting. One thing you should know about true southern men...we don't take crap off anyone, and back up what we say. That's obviously why you can't live down here. You are far from being a stand-up guy.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I didn't know that you folks were stuck in pre civil rights times, I guess New England is a better place after all than this cesspool of a city even with the high cost of living up there.
Quote:
Seems like it, it must be tough for you to stomach the fact that your good old White town is being runover by people of all colors now.
Quote:
seems like most of you support such behavior since it's perhaps part of your Southern culture, I would make sure that all the people at my bank atleast know the club culture here is based on racial segregation.

Look at all that class. See why someone would get offended at your garbage? When you become an adult, the world starts making sense a little more. Whenever I hear people whine about how unfair their life is, it makes me want to puke. When people start to whine, then accuse, slander, and downright insult my home, then things go south quickly. I know that complete geniuses like yourself shouldn't begin to bother me, but you seriously sound like a 14-year-old girl that just got grounded and is going to miss the prom. So you go online and talk trash anonymously like a b!(@h.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
Hahahahahah wow this thread got busy tonight. YOU ARE HILARIOUS!! You are out of your mind. I wasn't threatening you, I don't hate Indian people, I am not an internet tough guy, etc. You are seriously butthurt because I called you out for being a TOTAL COWARD on here...you were not sharing your opinion. You were outright attacking and generalizing white people from the south. I offered to hear your concerns in person (you're scared). You have a complete lack of social skills and you will be miserable EVERYWHERE you go because you live with a victimhood mentality. You are a disgrace to your own race. Get a grip on reality. You seriously need help. Have you read back through anything you said in here? You are a coward, a racist, and a self-hating bigot that will never be happy. You wouldn't last two minutes with half of the good, southern, REAL MEN (or women) that you are talking trash about. You are a complete joke. I refuse to waste any more time with your complete garbage.
So are you a BULLY? You are a typical and ignorant bully that can't fathom anyone else having an opinion contrary of your own, and you don't believe in people expressing their opinions honestly even on an online forum. Since you have such a behavior, I was correct in assuming that you were a gun toting intolerant psychopath who could go around killing people that disagree with your opinions. Seeing that you wouldn't get such a chance, you go on a diatribe accusing me about being a coward. What exactly am I scared about? You? As said earlier, I work in a professional job and I would get a bum like you thrown in jail if you happen to lay a finger on me, not that you would have the capability to do that anyway.

Anyone who goes on the internet calling out people, threatening them and then calling them cowards just because they don't agree with your opinion is obviously a delusional psychopath. Many thanks for proving my point.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:27 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,457,268 times
Quote:
I loved living in California, specifically Sacramento which is where I lived for the longest time.
I don't think the Maloof bros thought well of Sacramento. Bye Bye Pro Sports

Quote:
Considering all the above and the fact that I miss the mountains and beaches of California, I thought it was best for me to go back there.
Nothing like hours of driving and paying higher taxes for it in a state that is close to bankruptcy. Beach water that is ice cold. Mountains that are overcrowded when you get there. But to each their own. Enjoy

Quote:
I am not a fan of Nascar which is pretty much the only thing I found most people doing here, to have more excitement going my way I decided to check out the bar/nightlife scene here and I felt that was not only shallow/fake but also highly racist.
Did you ever live here? Nascar fans that live here are far and inbetween. Sure a bunch of their drivers live here but Nascar HoF is failing big time because of the lack of fans coming. What an ignorant statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte