Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 AM

8 posts, read 10,716 times

Advertisements

My daughter has lost her job and has not heard from unemployment yet.She has 3 children ages 3 to 7 and is about to lose her daycare vouchers if she does not get a job or is not enrolled in school.My grandson who is 3 has asthma very bad and has to have breathing treatments every 3- 4 hours.She is about to lose her car ect if she does not get a job asap.The welfare system has no emergency help she already went through the work first program and can not get help any further.She lost her job as the hotel was bought by a private person who fired 8 people and brought his own staff in.She is trying every where to get a job.She is 24 and does not know where to turn to next.I have given her all the money i can as i to am struggling from week to week.I have been trying to help by looking on line for jobs schooling ect . any suggestions out there.She lives in Charlotte n.c.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:31 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,621 times
Sorry to hear about this. Maybe some more information as to what kind of employment she is looking for or what experience she has would be helpful.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:37 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Wheres her husband in all this?? He should be supporting his family.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Maybe some more information as to what kind of employment she is looking for
or what experience she has would be helpful.
24yo Mom with 3 kids under 7?
That household needs no less than $40,000 a year to pay their own way.
Making beds in a motel will never do it.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 AM

104 posts, read 304,289 times
I for one wouldn't wait for unemployment I would go to the office. If she was let go by no fault of her own it is pretty cut and dry she will get her funds in 7-14 days. If that is not the case and she left because she didn't particularly like the way the new owners were doing business. Then she may have an issue. Either way she needs to follow up with them.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:11 PM

162 posts, read 228,715 times
Has she contacted crisis ministries?
She should apply to CPCC ASAP (so she doesnt lose her childcare vouchers)they have classes startin in a couple weeks.
I know someone who maybe hiring and my small business may need some help I will inbox you my info! Hopefully we can figure somethin out, I hate to hear stuff like this!

Old 09-11-2012, 05:27 PM

162 posts, read 228,715 times
In the state of NC the have a clock, I believe you cannot exceed more than 24 months of checks. I know for 1 child the check amount is $230 ish a month and you can receive around $350 food stamps per month.

I believe people shouldnt have so many children without the means to support them too. When should work on correcting this like making birth control more available etc (which is a comeplete different discussion). Lets find away to make it work it. At least this woman wants to work and isnt on her asking for a hand out. Shes simply looking for a job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I am sorry that your daughter made the choice to have so many children without any sort of means to pay for them except the Federal Government (condoms cost .75 each orso). Is there a father in the picture or some revenue coming in from Child Support?

I have seen many people living quite well on the welfare system (new shoes, nice shiny SUV's, stylish clothing), maybe she isn't getting full benefits. Perhaps she should apply for disability.

At 24 with three kids and unmarried, the benefits should be equivalent to around $1,600.00/month??

Old 09-11-2012, 09:55 PM

Just read most of the post and am praying that my daughter never reads them.WOW!!! There is a father in the picture he was on unemployment till it ran out he just got a job that barley pays anything.I pray God open your hearts and eyes to the world we live in unemployment is off the chain .There is no welfare benefits in Charlotte N.C. 1600 a month lol i do not know where you heard that they don't give money out like that.She contacted the unemployment office in Raleigh it takes 8 weeks to see if you get it or not !!! And no she did not quit she and 8 others were fired because he brought his own staff in when he bought the hotel , Right to work state means you can be fired for no reason! And birth control wow i pray you who judged never come across hard times and then have people say things that hurt instead of help.I was asking for suggestions not put downs or nasty comments.If you have nothing nice to say keep it to your self's.She isn't looking for hand outs just help so she can take care of her family and her self. Thanks to those that had the right mind set to suggest answers not just speak harmful comments.God is still on the throne and we are looking to Him first of all to guide her through this.He uses his people to help others and that's what i was doing seeking help from His people

Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 PM

Exclamation no money like that there lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by abri07 View Post
In the state of NC the have a clock, I believe you cannot exceed more than 24 months of checks. I know for 1 child the check amount is $230 ish a month and you can receive around $350 food stamps per month.

I believe people shouldnt have so many children without the means to support them too. When should work on correcting this like making birth control more available etc (which is a comeplete different discussion). Lets find away to make it work it. At least this woman wants to work and isnt on her asking for a hand out. Shes simply looking for a job!
sorry she has went thru there work first program at the goodwill office they trained her and while she was doing that she received $ 323.00 a month and food stamps. were you got 1600. i cant figure it out. Now she can not get any money only food stamps she has applied at everything from McDonald to foodlion.She is trying everything.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Wheres her husband in all this?? He should be supporting his family.
he just started work himself after being out of work off two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte