Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:07 PM

8 posts, read 10,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abri07 View Post
Has she contacted crisis ministries?
She should apply to CPCC ASAP (so she doesnt lose her childcare vouchers)they have classes startin in a couple weeks.
I know someone who maybe hiring and my small business may need some help I will inbox you my info! Hopefully we can figure somethin out, I hate to hear stuff like this!
what is crisis ministries?

Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 PM

thank you what is crisis ministries?

Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,757,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsshine1960 View Post
Just read most of the post and am praying that my daughter never reads them.WOW!!! There is a father in the picture he was on unemployment till it ran out he just got a job that barley pays anything.I pray God open your hearts and eyes to the world we live in unemployment is off the chain .There is no welfare benefits in Charlotte N.C. 1600 a month lol i do not know where you heard that they don't give money out like that.She contacted the unemployment office in Raleigh it takes 8 weeks to see if you get it or not !!! And no she did not quit she and 8 others were fired because he brought his own staff in when he bought the hotel , Right to work state means you can be fired for no reason! And birth control wow i pray you who judged never come across hard times and then have people say things that hurt instead of help.I was asking for suggestions not put downs or nasty comments.If you have nothing nice to say keep it to your self's.She isn't looking for hand outs just help so she can take care of her family and her self. Thanks to those that had the right mind set to suggest answers not just speak harmful comments.God is still on the throne and we are looking to Him first of all to guide her through this.He uses his people to help others and that's what i was doing seeking help from His people
Sorry to be blunt, but what type of response did you expect to get when you have a daughter who has no business having so many kids at a young age, and marries a guy who is in no position to support his family???

Don't bash North Carolina (for being a right to work state) for the situation your daughter voluntarily put herself in. And please don't use "God" as a crutch to get you through this.....you figure it out yourself and put yourself in a position to succeed.

The only positive thing out of this is at least there will be a mother AND a father....broken families is a whole 'nother thread....

I'm sick of having to be "politically correct" w/these types of situations....

Your daughter DOES need to read this so maybe it will knock some sense into her.....

just my blunt .02

Tell her husband to work several jobs and be a man and do what he has to do to earn a paycheck..even ifs the most menial job(s) out there....

Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
what is crisis ministries?
I tried to send you another message and it would not let me. My daughter went through the work first program through d.s.s. She has 8 days of day care left. She has food service certificate through goodwill program and hospitality certificates
You can call at that time i work evenings but can take these calls.Thank you

Old 09-11-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Sorry to be blunt, but what type of response did you expect to get when you have a daughter who has no business having so many kids at a young age, and marries a guy who is in no position to support his family???

Don't bash North Carolina (for being a right to work state) for the situation your daughter voluntarily put herself in. And please don't use "God" as a crutch to get you through this.....you figure it out yourself and put yourself in a position to succeed.

The only positive thing out of this is at least there will be a mother AND a father....broken families is a whole 'nother thread....

I'm sick of having to be "politically correct" w/these types of situations....

Your daughter DOES need to read this so maybe it will knock some sense into her.....

just my blunt .02

Tell her husband to work several jobs and be a man and do what he has to do to earn a paycheck..even ifs the most menial job(s) out there....
not bashing north Carolina i was stating a fact and i laughed so hard to see your please dont use GOD as a crutch ... i don't use GOD for anything . I have a relationship with HIM. . and feel sorry you do not!

Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,219,959 times
Quote:
he just started work himself after being out of work off two years.
Out of work for 2 years??????????? where has he been? In jail? The story dont add up

Old 09-12-2012, 03:11 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,985,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Out of work for 2 years??????????? where has he been? In jail? The story dont add up
If does if you realize this is how long unemployment benefits last now. I immediately thought this when he said got a job after 2 years.

After the state benefits are exhausted around 24 weeks, the Federal "stimulus" benefits kick in and you can draw benefits for up to another 99 weeks. My mom has a friend whose son (late 30s) collected UE benefits for over 2 years and while he was on it, played Xbox and drank beer on the sofa on the front porch of his trailer. When the benefits finally ran out earlier this year, we went out and got a construction job. He's got two kids with a live in GF and during this period she got pregnant again. They don't get married because it affects the government checks.

This is what the government does, it enables irresponsibility.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,065,351 times
WOW...people....STOP JUDGING this family....they are not asking for handouts, they just want work!

TO THE OP: I am sorry, but, with the economy such as it is, jobs are very hard to find. I have seen some places, like landscaping companies, with signs outside saying that they are hiring. Surely the unemployment office can help in that regard. Obviously, the landscaping job would be for the father of the children, not your daughter.

I would think that an experienced hotel maid could find work. Has she contacted the various hotels directly to see if they are hiring? She needs to be persistent and confident.

Also contact the United Way downtown. They can direct you to immediate assistance and may even have some resources to be able to find work.

Have you also asked the pastor of your church for help? Many times, they have job assistance and crisis assistance resources.

Wishing you and your daughter the best.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:52 AM
amp

519 posts, read 1,518,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
WOW...people....STOP JUDGING this family....they are not asking for handouts, they just want work!

TO THE OP: I am sorry, but, with the economy such as it is, jobs are very hard to find. I have seen some places, like landscaping companies, with signs outside saying that they are hiring. Surely the unemployment office can help in that regard. Obviously, the landscaping job would be for the father of the children, not your daughter.

I would think that an experienced hotel maid could find work. Has she contacted the various hotels directly to see if they are hiring? She needs to be persistent and confident.

Also contact the United Way downtown. They can direct you to immediate assistance and may even have some resources to be able to find work.

Have you also asked the pastor of your church for help? Many times, they have job assistance and crisis assistance resources.

Wishing you and your daughter the best.
I agree. OP looking for suggestions...not criticism. How does that help, get off your soapbox people! Also, wishing you the best.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 AM

15,358 posts, read 12,685,180 times
Cook Out's are always hiring...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte