Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:16 PM

182 posts, read 439,902 times

Advertisements

Looking forward to trying the Carolina Grill, thanks everyone who posted info about the place. My favorite Cuban restaurant is El Meson De Pepe's Restaurant in Key West. The food is amazing and the drinks are great.[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 12:56 PM

416 posts, read 925,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne67 View Post
I recommend Carolina Grill. They have been open for a few months. I just found them this past weekend. They are located in the Super-Walmart lot on Galleria Blvd. The owners and cooks are Cuban. I went there with my sister and decided to play it safe , so we ordered 1 cuban sandwich and 1 steak sandwich and a couple of croquettas. Needless to say, everything was so delicious. And yes they put real pernil in the Cuban sandwich not that deli stuff.I can't even start to tell you how I've been disappointed in the past with restaurants claiming to be authentic. This is the real deal. I spoke to the owners wife that helps out there on the weekends, and she told me that they will be expanding their menu to add more Cuban favorites such as Ropa Vieja, camarones enchilados and many other. Check them out you won't be disappointed. Their hours are Monday-Saturday from 11am-8pm. Again they are located on 1816 Galleria Blvd. in Charlotte. Phone # is (704) 841-2054. It's about time don't you think.
WOW! Thank you for the recommendation on Carolina Grill. Tried it for the Cuban Sandwich last week and was not disappointed. We would have never thought of going there other wise.
we have tried a few other places and so far this is number one.
Small little place serves up a great Cuban.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:34 PM

416 posts, read 925,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsN Charlotte View Post
WOW! Thank you for the recommendation on Carolina Grill. Tried it for the Cuban Sandwich last week and was not disappointed. We would have never thought of going there other wise.
we have tried a few other places and so far this is number one.
Small little place serves up a great Cuban.
Hey Dame, I thanked a different poster, must have overlooked your review thread!
So, thank you too!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:05 PM

693 posts, read 2,175,639 times
Come to think of it I may have read this review, tried the place and then wrote my own... oh well...let's all go get a Cuban sandwich!

Old 07-29-2009, 05:18 PM

6 posts, read 12,410 times
Well I am a Cuban-American born in Hialeah ( people from Miami know where that is ) I say PLEASE hurry and open up a cigar shop, bakery, restaurant, or ANYTHING!!! There is NOT a large population of Cubans here and you cannot find a good Cuban Sandwich for ANYTHING in this world!! Or a nice pastry!!!! If you do this... you need to do it in the South Blvd area, BUT.. I did just find out that a Colombian Restaurant on S.Blvd will start serving Cuban food, and I spoke with the man at the restaurant and he said that there will be a Cuban Cook, so we will see.... as for now.. there are NO good Cuban Restaurants here in Charlotte.

So... question is... what are you waiting for?? :-)

Old 07-29-2009, 05:27 PM

6 posts, read 12,410 times
If the Carolina Grill is in South Carolina, I heard it wasn't good at all? So.. you all say it's the REAL Cuban Sandwich?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:25 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,358,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiaariel View Post
If the Carolina Grill is in South Carolina, I heard it wasn't good at all? So.. you all say it's the REAL Cuban Sandwich?
Hey I'm originally from Miami, too: near Kendall (off 8th street). I have not been to this Carolina Grill yet but it is NOT in S. Carolina: it's in Matthews-area. I'm going to try to go very soon though b/c I have actually driven near it and know where it is (I moved here a month ago only but love it so far!)

PS. Have some friends from Hialeah myself. I grew up mostly in the Westchester area.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
I'm thinking of starteing a home based catering business, or just selling my cuban food. Would anyone be interested in purchaseing food in this way. I would like your opinions. I would like to eventually cater huge cuban parties with lechon asado, tamales, congris, pastelitos the whole deal. But I have to see how successful it would be first. Please post your ideas.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:02 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Oye!!! LOL..Grew up in Pinecrest but of course had friends in Hialeah, Sweetwater, Hammocks, Westchester...The bf tried Havana whatever and said it isn't too bad. I don't think hes tried the Carolina Grill...

However, Im moving back down to Miami so he's trying to figure out a way for me to overnight him some croquettas from La Carreta, LOL

Old 08-18-2009, 08:18 AM

693 posts, read 2,175,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Oye!!! LOL..Grew up in Pinecrest but of course had friends in Hialeah, Sweetwater, Hammocks, Westchester...The bf tried Havana whatever and said it isn't too bad. I don't think hes tried the Carolina Grill...

However, Im moving back down to Miami so he's trying to figure out a way for me to overnight him some croquettas from La Carreta, LOL
You are moving back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte