Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 06:37 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,199,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Agree. He/she is no newbie about complaining about waiters/waitresses.

UnderCover Waitress: Restaurant Customer is Spawn of Satan
Wow!

Even worse than I expected, lol. Good find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 07:06 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,553,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
I wouldn't want my server ORDERING for me though. That's not cool or LEGALLY RIGHT. I want to be asked everything. I don't want someone placing my order for me without my consent.

When servers do the deciding for me, they receive a lower tip because of it. It's *MY* decision if I want for example my check. I can't stand servers that want to do the deciding for you. If you want someone to decide everything for you, *YOU* SAY SO when you get greeted so everytime you come in you will get what you want. I don't have to tell my server "Hey please don't order for me or make any decisions that's not yours to make." Because it's COMMON SENSE *I* am PAYING FOR THE SERVICE, NOT THEM!

Watch this & learn something!
TIP YOUR WAITER! (2-6-2014) - YouTube

Old 10-27-2014, 07:29 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Do you understand how a lot of servers are just mean and impolite? That's it's not just some customers that are mean? If I would have been that waitress, I would have immediately said I was "so sorry" and even apologized when I came back just out of being nice and truly feeling bad about it from one person to another, not for the tip, just to be nice. I would have also asked the manager to comp a soft drink off the bill for this since it would have been my fault. That's how much nicer I am than servers are to us.

Feltdesigner would have serve you best!

Me, you would be easily identified as one in a token group of arrogant sob's I mentioned earlier and if I served you, Visine would be used to get the red out!
fixed it for you...

I'm not serving #### these days

Old 10-27-2014, 07:53 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,735,648 times
My daughter has worked as a waitress for four years now, as part time work through college. There are some incredible conclusions she has drawn about the way people tip, based soley on her experience.

Basically, the more ignorant the diner, the less like they are to tip. Many just don't know any better, probably "assuming" the wait staff is on minimum wage, or better, and that tips are all money above the minimum. Of course that is wrong. Additionally, speaking generally, many just come to restaurant with just enough for a low budget meal. Teenage diners are just idiots!

Now, when leaving a tip, I over tip, and if in question, always throw in the extra dollar, since I figure that dollar is much more valuable to the less than minimum wage making server, than it is too me. Until you have served, or heard the rantings of one that is served, you have no clue, how clueless many diners are.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:30 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
So you NEVER order something different EVER? Even my husband switches drinks even not just me like sometimes he is in an iced tea mood instead of a diet coke or sometimes I am in a coke mood instead of dr. pepper or sometimes he may order a miller light and then the next beer order a blue moon. Food wise, we don't always order the same things all the time, that gets boring and I get tired of the same foods every single time I go. Sometimes I do order the same foods, but not ALL the time.

I NEVER served like that when I worked at a donut shop/diner back in 1998-2002 off and on a little over 2yrs worth I worked there during some college years. I NEVER ORDERED for my regulars because it's NOT MY PLACE, IT'S NOT! It's not my LEGAL RIGHT and NO ONE ASKED me to do so. I PROVED one of my co-workers there wrong when one day(this was back when they had payphones), a regular walks in, she fixes his coffee and he didn't end up staying he just had to make a phone call, that was it. I told her "I TOLD YOU NOT TO ORDER FOR SOMEONE LIKE THAT, THAT YOU WASTED YOUR TIME." I COULDN'T DO THAT TO SOMEONE TO CONTROL SOMEONE LIKE THAT!

If this guy and you wants it that way, TELL YOUR SERVER! Most servers will NOT OVERSTEP like that in general and won't be that lazy. It's a lazy way to do things, because they don't want to come to get your order, so they are actually working LESS for their tip. If you want it that way, SPEAK UP. Most people don't order the same things all the time because it does get boring to just order the same foods all the time if you go very often like we do(every weekend 2-3 times at times a weekend) and been doing that since we met in late 2000.

I just couldn't overstep like that since they might decide on something different and feel OBLIGATED to take it even though let's say that day they just wanted a glass of water instead of a coke for example. I mean really, why would I want to risk doing more work only to do it for nothing and waste time for my customers? If you ask, THEN you will know, but not asking is wrong unless the customer told you it's ok to do so.

That's not the way it sounded though. It sounded like the moment he walked in, the drink was being poured. Have had servers do that before and have had to send them back. WE BOTH sent ours back because we BOTH wanted something else. It's all about LAZINESS not to have to come to the table to ask us since it is OUR MONEY we are paying for the service and the food/drinks.

If you want your server to do it this way, TELL THEM. That way they will do what you want. I shouldn't have to tell my server "Please don't *ORDER* for me", because that's COMMON SENSE they have no legal right to do that.

Then he should *TELL* the staff so, so that way when he walks in, his drink is already made and his order has been put into the computer.
Dude, put down the pipe. Seriously.

I order the same thing every time because that's what I like, I order it every Thursday night and have do so for many years now, and she is the same bartender/server that's been there all this time.

Now, build and bridge and get over it, mmmkay?

Old 10-27-2014, 10:35 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
Even if I did order the same things, I'd be bothered by the control and laziness of the server. Control bothers me mostly that if it's my money, it should be ***********100% my decision on everything I want to order.

I don't order the same things though all the time. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but it bothers me that someone is trying to control my money and my time like that. I don't like that. I want to be asked for them to show they *care* about me if they waste my time or not getting something I may not want and I sure don't want to feel obligated to take it to not send them back or wait longer to place my order for what I do want.

Once, I ordered a margarita at a bar, my husband had motioned that I wanted to order something from a far, she starts making a drink which I thought she was making it for another customer, sure enough she was making it for me, I was like "I want a white russian, I didn't order that." I stiffed her for that drink. Why? A simple question is what it could have taken and she was TOO lazy and stupid to come to ask me what I wanted. I like all kinds of drinks from margaritas, white russians, cosmopolitans, long island iced teas, chardonnay, pina coladas, etc. I mean really, that was not right to order for me.

Even if let's say I wanted another of the same, I would have still stiffed her for that drink because she ordered for me without my consent. That's illegal and it's morally wrong! Also, I hate the "everyone stays with the same drink" attitude. Even my husband tries different beers at places that have lots of beers. He doesn't just order one kind and that's it. He's ordered for example a sake at a Japanese restaurant, then ordered a Japanese beer for his second drink.

For me personally, I get tired of one drink usually after I have one and want something different. Also, if I am in a dessert mood, it's much more tastier in my opinion to have a white russian with a dessert than a margarita, because it's a dessert drink.

I even change up soft drinks or even to iced tea or water. Even my husband has had 2 diet cokes and then for his 3rd refill chose to drink a glass of water rather than more soda.

No one should be ordering for anyone legally or morally without their permission since it's not their money, it's the customer's money.
It's pretty obvious you have control issues, I'm glad you recognize it.

Now stop yelling and get off my case. My friend and server is the best in the business and she doesn't deserve to be put down.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:54 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Guys you can't argue with stupid. It will just go round and round and round.

Obviously there's current and past servers on here. Every restaurant has the right to REFUSE service to whoever they want to. We've done that at a couple of our places. Customers so rude and nasty and such a pain in the ass that they were asked not to return and if they did, police would be called on them. Done!!! Most people are very polite and do not cause problems. Obviously you'll have those that will.

I'd love to get back into serving. Easiest money I've made besides dancing

Old 10-27-2014, 03:24 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,553,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
fixed it for you...

I'm not serving #### these days
You're serving loads of BS on tipping. Make sure you leave 20% plus if you get served well.
If you can't afford to eat out, stay home. Now it's fixed.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:53 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
You're serving loads of BS on tipping. Make sure you leave 20% plus if you get served well.
If you can't afford to eat out, stay home. Now it's fixed.
Sober up buddy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte