Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2014, 11:43 AM

631 posts, read 891,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher4life View Post
Before you declare her guilt or innocence why not let the facts come out. ALL the facts. Much of what was presented was based on "assumptions". They also messed up dates of graduation. Two different years and one trip appears she wasn't reimbursed. Just reported. I don't know about the other stuff. I every confidence in the sheriff's dept. to sort through this mess.
Agreed, let the sheriff's office sort it out. But I'm having a hard time believing Marce would resign from the state BOE if all those assumptions were false. If I'm falsely accused and know 100% I'm innocent, there's no way I'd quit the board. I'd be very proactive and upfront, sharing my notes and handouts from meetings proving attendance, and sitting there ready with a one finger salute for the accusers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
it was used as only a comparison of why for one politician, there was almost no outcry, yet for another, certain villagers want a public execution....just trying to figure out why?
Yes, you'd think the same people that were ready to recall half the BOE in March and had the robo emails going to the state BOE would also be ready to do the same for another BOE member. Why turn a blind eye now?

Old 12-05-2014, 11:55 AM

136 posts, read 106,237 times
Mike, you and I are on the same page....i agree, if the investigation turns out that there were some improprietaries, fine, impose the punishment (restitution, etc) and move on. Many people here want to just assume it was a cold, calculated effort at theivary. Sorry, you cannot just ASSUME that. Unless of course you just personally dont like her and want her taken down. Then it is not objective, it is personal, for whatever deranged reason they have. the point about the mayor was not to shame at all, it was a comparison. Why are the same people not screaming for how that went down, but are screaming for Marce's head....its funny how the "DORFTROTTELS" (keeping to the German word of the day theme) wont answer that

Old 12-05-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
Agreed, let the sheriff's office sort it out. But I'm having a hard time believing Marce would resign from the state BOE if all those assumptions were false. If I'm falsely accused and know 100% I'm innocent, there's no way I'd quit the board. I'd be very proactive and upfront, sharing my notes and handouts from meetings proving attendance, and sitting there ready with a one finger salute for the accusers.
Logical, just because YOU would handle it that way, and turn it into a circus, and do the mature thing of flipping people off, doesnt make you right and Marces approach wrong. Marce said she doesnt want to be a distraction to the State BOE, so she chose to resign. Just because you wouldnt have done that, doesnt make her wrong or guilty of anything

Old 12-05-2014, 12:14 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
Nope.

schadenfreude

Pronunciation: /ˈSHädənˌfroidə

noun

Pleasure derived by someone from another person’s misfortune.

schadenfreude: definition of schadenfreude in Oxford dictionary (American English) (US)

misfortune

Pronunciation: /ˌmisˈfôrCH(ə)n

noun

1Bad luck: the project was dogged

1.1An unfortunate condition or event: never laugh at other people’s misfortunes

misfortune: definition of misfortune in Oxford dictionary (American English) (US)

The term "misfortune" doesn't apply in this situation. Willfully signing one's name on inaccurate expense reports is not misfortune. Though perhaps the misfortune is that she was caught?????
You left out the definition of the word "event" I guess as it doesn't fit in with your point - "Event - A thing that happens, especially one of importance".

This issue would seem to qualify as an event.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:54 PM

549 posts, read 679,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
You left out the definition of the word "event" I guess as it doesn't fit in with your point - "Event - A thing that happens, especially one of importance".

This issue would seem to qualify as an event.
Huh?

misfortune

Pronunciation: /ˌmisˈfôrCH(ə)n

noun

Bad luck: the project was dogged

An unfortunate condition or event: never laugh at other people’s misfortunes

The definitions says an unfortunate event.

unfortunate

Pronunciation: /ˌənˈfôrCH(ə)nət

adjective

Having or marked by bad fortune; unlucky: the unfortunate Cunningham was fired

Repeatedly signing one's name to expense reports containing false information is not an "unfortunate event."

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us...sh/unfortunate

Last edited by BubbaHelms; 12-05-2014 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Add link

Old 12-05-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:

Repeatedly signing one's name to expense reports containing false information is not an "unfortunate event."
[/url]
The unfortunate part is what could be a genuine mistake on her part, turns into you calling for her career and the perverse joy you seem to be taking at her expense

Old 12-05-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
The unfortunate part is what could be a genuine mistake on her part, turns into you calling for her career and the perverse joy you seem to be taking at her expense
No one is taking any joy in this. Most of us don't even know her I imagine. I don't know about you, but I hold my public officials accountable. We citizens are the victims in this case, not the public official.

Who called for her career? I was not aware that serving on the BOE is a career. Perhaps if you are profiting off of it I guess???

Old 12-05-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
No one is taking any joy in this. Most of us don't even know her I imagine. I don't know about you, but I hold my public officials accountable. We citizens are the victims in this case, not the public official.

Who called for her career? I was not aware that serving on the BOE is a career. Perhaps if you are profiting off of it I guess???
there are plenty of people taking plenty of joy in this, and that in itself is pathetic....you yourself have charged, tried and convicted her. You have left no room for an explanation from her, made up your mind. Yet not one single charge has come out of this....Who knows, possibly a deep seated inferiority complex

Old 12-05-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
there are plenty of people taking plenty of joy in this, and that in itself is pathetic....you yourself have charged, tried and convicted her. You have left no room for an explanation from her, made up your mind. Yet not one single charge has come out of this....Who knows, possibly a deep seated inferiority complex
We have all been awaiting the explanation for two months now. Nice try trying to make this about me. Whether or not someone is actually ever charged has nothing to do with their guilt as we all know.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:28 PM

631 posts, read 891,610 times
New info? According to Derrik Russell at WBTV, Marce resigned from the state board because of a promotion at work. Congrats to her but why the different story in her resignation letter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte