Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2014, 10:04 AM

549 posts, read 679,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
LOL, really? i must have missed the part where she was convicted of something....oh thats right, she wasnt even charged with anything....but, you know exactly what happened Bubba
There are reports with mileage numbers and dates that anyone can verify for themselves and there are signatures. So, unless those aren't her signatures...

Old 12-05-2014, 10:19 AM

161 posts, read 194,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
Yes, back to Marce since she won re-election.

According to the news articles she resigned from the state board last week. Did I miss her press release for her constituents here in UC? I don't see anything on her election FB page either. And wasn't there a BOE meeting on Tuesday? Did she announce it then? Anywhere? Anything? Surely, the Justice League of America (aka CAPS) would have known about it and put out some type of supporting message, right? There's barely a peep on any of the FB sites.

Why did we find out about this through the press? This makes it even more damning for her in my opinion. I'd venture to say that being on the State BOE was a selling point for many on her re-election, and now she quit without a message to the voters?
Those are good questions, did you email and ask her? Or are you just posting here? Not sure, but I don't know of any BOE who answer questions on City Data.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:24 AM

136 posts, read 106,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
There are reports with mileage numbers and dates that anyone can verify for themselves and there are signatures. So, unless those aren't her signatures...
its like banging my head against a wall here....nobody is disputing the signatures, Ms Savage never tried to say those werent her signatures. The crux of the argument is the "intent". Was she purposely trying to defraud or was just mistaken about the process? I think the biggest issue with Ms Savage was she gave her competition too much credit. She should have never tipped off the Principal that he was campaigning outside. In hindsight, he could have walked each voter up to the booth and helped them vote and he STILL would have lost....lol....lost EVERY precinct....Could the message from District 6 be louder???? You want a prediction, here ya go....even with all this fallout, they could hold the election tomorrow, and she would STILL beat him

Old 12-05-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
Perhaps, because this is not a thread about Waxhaw or mayors? Why would we be weighing in on the topic?
I brought up the mayor of Waxhaw as an example of corrupt politicians getting away with crimes. Just my personal opinion, not one, but TWO DUI's should have been grounds to kick her out of office. (And she still drinks in public). If Mrs. Savage is convicted of embezzlement or theft then she should also be removed from office. But at the end of the day I would rather have someone steal $500 from me then hit my car and possibly kill me and my children because they were drunk. Huge difference!

Old 12-05-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
its like banging my head against a wall here....nobody is disputing the signatures, Ms Savage never tried to say those werent her signatures. The crux of the argument is the "intent". Was she purposely trying to defraud or was just mistaken about the process? I think the biggest issue with Ms Savage was she gave her competition to much credit. She should have never tipped off the Principal that he was campaigning outside. In hindsight, he could have walked each voter up to the booth and helped them vote and he STILL would have lost....lol....lost EVERY precinct....Could the message from District 6 be louder????You want a prediction, here ya go....even with all this fallout, they could hold the election tomorrow, and she would STILL beat him
Before you declare her guilt or innocence why not let the facts come out. ALL the facts. Much of what was presented was based on "assumptions". They also messed up dates of graduation. Two different years and one trip appears she wasn't reimbursed. Just reported. I don't know about the other stuff. I every confidence in the sheriff's dept. to sort through this mess.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:32 AM

136 posts, read 181,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher4life View Post
I agree, it is disappointing. Waiting to hear what she says, but nevertheless it's unfortunate for Union County. I said earlier report it and move on. If the sheriff's dept. feel a crime was committed let them handle it. If not, move on. I'm not condoning anything illegal (if anything actually was), but politicians get away with far worse. Look at the 2 time DUI mayor of Waxhaw. She could have killed someone!!!!!!! And yet there she is MC of the Waxhaw Christmas lighting ceremony red boots and all.

The board needs to get back to working for the betterment of our schools, teachers, and children. Union County doesn't need any more bad publicity and BOE meetings that turn into bashing sessions. It's time for both boards to work together, and get our older schools in proper repair, address the needs of our EC students, and attract and retain good teachers. Time to put on your big boy (and girl) pants and put the children and citizens first. Egos and vendettas last.
I'm waiting to hear what she does, just like you. I get no pleasure from the implosion of yet another District 6 rep, no schadenfreude here. I've been critical about the poor performance of this particular commissioner in posts for nearly a year. Objective data about her poor attendance and misuse of public funds has been jaw-dropping, a public embarrassment. German word for today: Erklärungsnot

It's time for "big girl pants." We don't need more bad publicity and we've had enough dysfunction at the BOE. She's shown a willingness to step aside and save the Governor embarrassment. She needs to put the children and citizens of Union County first. This can be an opportunity to find an effective advocate for your well-said list of school board priorities.

Feel free to start a new thread if you want to shame your mayor, you can be the OP! To me, it reads like a attempt to change the subject when the facts aren't supporting your narrative. Nothin' but us UC - School board redistricting suporters over here.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Before you declare her guilt or innocence why not let the facts come out. ALL the facts. Much of what was presented was based on "assumptions". They also messed up dates of graduation. Two different years and one trip appears she wasn't reimbursed. Just reported. I don't know about the other stuff. I every confidence in the sheriff's dept. to sort through this mess.
Absolutely right Rancher....getting way ahead of ourselves and its in the hands of the proper authorities now....I must have digressed into a case of "Bubbaism", where i thought i knew exactly what happened and what everyone was thinking....my bad

Old 12-05-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawdoc View Post
I'm waiting to hear what she does, just like you. I get no pleasure from the implosion of yet another District 6 rep, no schadenfreude here. I've been critical about the poor performance of this particular commissioner in posts for nearly a year. Objective data about her poor attendance and misuse of public funds has been jaw-dropping, a public embarrassment. German word for today: Erklärungsnot

It's time for "big girl pants." We don't need more bad publicity and we've had enough dysfunction at the BOE. She's shown a willingness to step aside and save the Governor embarrassment. She needs to put the children and citizens of Union County first. This can be an opportunity to find an effective advocate for your well-said list of school board priorities.

Feel free to start a new thread if you want to shame your mayor, you can be the OP! To me, it reads like a attempt to change the subject when the facts aren't supporting your narrative. Nothin' but us UC - School board redistricting suporters over here.
I like this post....lol....this is almost to easy. "jaw dropping"???? lol, come on now....if you consider the amount of $ from mileage reports jaw dropping, nooooooo, you cant be serious. Bernie Madoff was "jaw dropping", so please stop with the over dramatics...."Public Embarrassment". You really feel that she should step aside to avoid being an embarrasment? OK, then you better damn well be calling for the resignation of another board member who was a complete embarrassment on social media, you seem to let that slip. Concerning the Mayor of Waxhaw, there was no shame or diversion attempted. If the reading comprehension was there, it was used as only a comparison of why for one politician, there was almost no outcry, yet for another, certain villagers want a public execution....just trying to figure out why? Maybe one picked up the tab at the Stuffed Olive and the other one didnt?

Last edited by Plutark Evansby; 12-05-2014 at 10:54 AM..

Old 12-05-2014, 11:34 AM

527 posts, read 743,929 times
Quote:
Agree with Rancher, not mayor bashing at all on my part....just stating the facts.....2 DUI's and "questionable" vouchers, yet that seems to draw a pass....why?
What you have to understand is that the people left on this forum that are playing the BOE apologist role are intimately involved with the BOE. They don't care about the schools, they don't care about the families, and they don't care about taxes. Everything the BOE has done is golden and anyone against it will be taught a lesson. Ever wonder why Hodges so quickly changed her tune after the BOCC race smackdown? You have to go along to get along.

It appears that Marce Savage, whether it's on purpose or not, has violated the integrity of her position. Most people see it for what it is and are happy to let it play out... but not the folks here. They just can't help themselves.

On the flip side, members of the BOE told blatant lies during redistricting about safety studies, MCR risks, transportation costs, neighborhood exemptions, actual school capacity, and the overcrowding issue itself. No outcry here about those violations of public trust.

A BOE member takes to social media and acts like a 2 year old... no worries here.

Weren't we told no redistricting for 5 years? They couldn't even make it 5 hours before a school needed to be capped. We moved 5,800 kids why? No outcry here, just business as usual.

Those of us that actually care about the school system can look at redistricting and say "this is wrong, it doesn't make sense"... we can then also look at someone on the BOE that was opposed to redistricting and say that "even though you were in our camp, you've done something wrong, there will be consequences". We can take someone like Stewart and appreciate that he's passionate about his beliefs and he stands by them, even if we don't agree. Most of us are logical people looking for the best solutions to problems, we don't think in binary, we don't blindly support a side. A lot of us may not be vocal (at least not as vocal as I have been here) but the recent election cycle should send a message.

Of course posters like sunshine, bubba, mikey... they'll take a post like this and pick a word or two and twist it around or point to someone out of CAPS and act like they represent all of us. And that's fine, if that's where they want to focus their time and energy their guy/gal will be sitting at home with Yercheck next time around.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:37 AM

527 posts, read 743,929 times
Quote:
Those are good questions, did you email and ask her? Or are you just posting here? Not sure, but I don't know of any BOE who answer questions on City Data.
Members themselves? Maybe... family members, without a doubt.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte