Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 08:43 AM

527 posts, read 743,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd1 View Post
Criminal action or not - It is time for Marce to move on. I would say the same to any other BOE member that behaved in this manner (even those i supported in the past). It is really sad that she would be in a position that she needed to steal from the UC school system.
I would argue that any elected official that violates their oath of office by ignoring policy, acting in a way that goes against their core values, lies to their constituents, or uses social media as a bully platform should step down. No reason to single out Marce Savage, there are others that need to move on as well...

Old 11-24-2014, 09:34 AM

549 posts, read 679,468 times
My favorite---

1-23-12 Home to Elevation Church - Weddington Student Visitation - 26 miles
1-24-12 Home to Elevation Church - Weddington Student Funeral - 26 miles

Seriously?

Old 11-24-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
My favorite---

1-23-12 Home to Elevation Church - Weddington Student Visitation - 26 miles
1-24-12 Home to Elevation Church - Weddington Student Funeral - 26 miles

Seriously?
Gotta hand it to you, if nothing else you are consistent. By the way, I thought you were against smear campaigns? I guess it just depends on who is being smeared.

Quote:
We knew it was coming. The Facebook smear campaign using CAPS secret file of citizen emails to the BOE has begun. I really don't think that is the intended purpose of public information requests.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
Gotta hand it to you, if nothing else you are consistent. By the way, I thought you were against smear campaigns? I guess it just depends on who is being smeared.

Nice try at deflection. A smear campaign implies false accusations. I made no accusation; I merely pointed out a fact. See for yourself.

It might be time to throw in the towel.
Attached Thumbnails
UC - School board redistricting suporters lose-20141124_145906_edited_edited.jpg  

Old 11-24-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Nice try at deflection. A smear campaign implies false accusations. I made no accusation; I merely pointed out a fact. See for yourself.

It might be time to throw in the towel.

So CAPS sharing public domain emails is smear... Bubba sharing public domain expense reports is not smear. Gotcha . Either scenario is the presentation of fact and has nothing to do with false accusations. However, one scenario is a premeditated effort to undermine an individual's credibility and character (i.e., smear campaign).

Old 11-24-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
So CAPS sharing public domain emails is smear... Bubba sharing public domain expense reports is not smear. Gotcha . Either scenario is the presentation of fact and has nothing to do with false accusations. However, one scenario is a premeditated effort to undermine an individual's credibility and character (i.e., smear campaign).

Last time I checked, it was not illegal for citizens to write emails to public officials. I'm not sure why one would want to smear their fellow citizens for trying to participate in government unless one's purpose is to bully and silence any opposing public opinion.

Pointing out an item on a public official's expense report is not smearing.

Additionally, the public official's expense reports comes from a public website. Citizen emails come from CAPS treasure trove of documents obtained via nutty public information requests. Why would anyone put in a public information request for citizen emails? That is just messed up. There is no excuse for it.

To get this straight, it is okay for a public official to bill the taxpayers for attending a funeral; but it is not okay for anyone to take note of it.

No one is buying that logic. Give it up.

Last edited by BubbaHelms; 11-24-2014 at 02:16 PM..

Old 11-24-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Last time I checked, it was not illegal for citizens to write emails to public officials. I'm not sure why one would want to smear their fellow citizens for trying to participate in government unless one's purpose is to bully and silence any opposing public opinion.

Pointing out an item on a public official's expense report is not smearing.

Additionally, the public official's expense reports comes from a public website. Citizen emails come from CAPS treasure trove of documents obtained via nutty public information requests. Why would anyone put in a public information request for citizen emails? That is just messed up. There is no excuse for it.

To get this straight, it is okay for a public official to bill the taxpayers for attending a funeral; but it is not okay for anyone to take note of it.

No one is buying that logic. Give it up.
Not once have I defended the expense reports of Marce Savage, in fact I've stated that if there was wrong doing there should be consequences. I'm just pointing out the twisted logic and rationale used by the BOE apologists to justify the lies of one group while condemning another... but I can see why this upsets you.

The voting public has spoken, so in your words... move on.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Not once have I defended the expense reports of Marce Savage, in fact I've stated that if there was wrong doing there should be consequences. I'm just pointing out the twisted logic and rationale used by the BOE apologists to justify the lies of one group while condemning another... but I can see why this upsets you.

The voting public has spoken, so in your words... move on.

What do travel expense reports have to do with redistricting? What lies are you talking about?

I'm not going to apologize for redistricting. I agree with it. We still have 7,000 empty seats. Why is everything about redistricting?

The rest of us have moved on to questionable expense reports submitted by a public official.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:57 PM

136 posts, read 181,507 times
Quote:
I see your point, but you're missing critical context. CAPS posted and reposted letters from UC constituents, but only demonstrated that there are opposing viewpoints on important issues. The latest dust-up on this silly misspelled thread is entirely different. Now I read public documents about the performance of a public official and how she spent our tax $. I saw her expense reports while they were posted on the UCPS server. It certainly wasn't "one $35 mistake." I'd have been fired after submitting those... I think a lot of us have the same response.

I'm guessing that anyone working for the BOE would be fired if they submitted similarly fraudulent or unethical reimbursement requests. UCPS employees probably lost their jobs for less. I agree that she can't be removed, the election was final. As a taxpayer, I'm upset that she signed those forms to divert public funds from our schools to her own wallet. I want to be reimbursed. No, I want the schools reimbursed. Going forward, I don't want her making financial or personnel decisions for the school system. This was a breach of public trust.

Last edited by waxhawdoc; 11-24-2014 at 04:09 PM..

Old 11-24-2014, 05:00 PM

43 posts, read 56,959 times
This whole situation is ridiculous & sad - by that I mean several different things....

1) It is not understandable to me how a public official who claims to be an advocate for our children would charge taxpayers for some of these trips (funerals, soccer games, etc.) - let alone twice. It is appalling. For perspective, I am in District 6 and I voted for her over JM who just seemed too out for himself and not in tune with any semblance of a reasonable long-term plan (in my opinion). District 6 did not have a great choice.

2) I think public trust has been broken, but at the same time I think it is clearly a witch hunt and disturbing to watch. The MS tear-down has made the other BOE members involved look 'almost' as bad. They make my stomach crawl & Bention (who is on his way out) is the only one who in my opinion conducted himself respectfully in the last month.

3) It is not understandable to me how people can be so blind as to their own skewed perspective .....those most loudly defending her actions, I have no doubt, would be going to the press and demanding she be recalled, forced to resign, or arrested if she were one of the other BOE members. If this were RY, JC or .... wait for it.... - KS - can you imagine? I try to laugh, but it is honestly very sad how they can't see that.

4) WaxhawMike has said several times that he does not support her actions & thinks she should face consequences if wrongdoing is proven - let him be. I think the continued discussion along those lines relates not specifically to WMike, but to other comments (likely made elsewhere) that are absolutely in defense of her.

Quote:
agreed Bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawdoc View Post
The latest dust-up on this silly misspelled thread is entirely different. Now I read public documents about the performance of a public official and how she spent our tax $. I saw her expense reports while they were posted on the UCPS server. It certainly wasn't "one $35 mistake." I'd have been fired after submitting those... I think a lot of us have the same response.

I'm guessing that anyone working for the BOE would be fired if they submitted similarly fraudulent or unethical reimbursement requests. UCPS employees probably lost their jobs for less. I agree that she can't be removed, the election was final. As a taxpayer, I'm upset that she signed those forms to divert public funds from our schools to her own wallet. I want to be reimbursed. No, I want the schools reimbursed. Going forward, I don't want her making financial or personnel decisions for the school system. This was a breach of public trust.
well said doc! (it won't let me rep any of ya)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte