Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 10:30 AM

527 posts, read 743,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
No. If true, it is illegal. Most also didn't know the details before the election. An election today would likely produce a different outcome.
Totally illegal... but again, no one cares except those intent on discrediting Marce. There may be some legal ramifications but nothing serious. The bigger issue will be how this effects her state board position.

An election today would be no different, in fact I think she would win by a larger margin. The public is sick tired of the game playing and political maneuvering. It's not a coincidence that of the 3 incumbents that ran only 1 was reelected... Marce. Pigg knew better than to even try.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:37 AM

136 posts, read 106,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
Totally illegal... but again, no one cares except those intent on discrediting Marce. There may be some legal ramifications but nothing serious. The bigger issue will be how this effects her state board position.

An election today would be no different, in fact I think she would win by a larger margin. The public is sick tired of the game playing and political maneuvering. It's not a coincidence that of the 3 incumbents that ran only 1 was reelected... Marce. Pigg knew better than to even try.

Helms and Guzman are counting the days to when they are up. I think Weddington will boot Collins as well. Stewie has the Parkwood/FH crowd pretty well brainwashed, so it wouldn't surprise me if he wins if he runs

Old 11-21-2014, 10:40 AM

549 posts, read 679,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
Helms and Guzman are counting the days to when they are up. I think Weddington will boot Collins as well. Stewie has the Parkwood/FH crowd pretty well brainwashed, so it wouldn't surprise me if he wins if he runs
Has it ever occurred to you that the Parkwood and Forest Hills folks just might agree with Stewart? No brainwashing occurred. Those people are quite capable of forming their own opinion. It just happens to be one that differs from your's.

I agree. They would likely reelect him.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Has it ever occurred to you that the Parkwood and Forest Hills folks just might agree with Stewart? No brainwashing occurred. Those people are quite capable of forming their own opinion. It just happens to be one that differs from your's.

I agree. They would likely reelect him.
If you agree with the bullying, condescending way that he conducts himself, have at it….maybe i was giving you too much credit….he seems to like to refer to other female elected officials as "pole dancing skanks"….why you would condone that, it is beyond me, but if you want someone with that mindset representing you, have at it.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
If you agree with the bullying, condescending way that he conducts himself, have at it….maybe i was giving you too much credit….he seems to like to refer to other female elected officials as "pole dancing skanks"….why you would condone that, it is beyond me, but if you want someone with that mindset representing you, have at it.
FYI, I don't vote in District 2.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
FYI, I don't vote in District 2.
didn't want to touch the "pole dancing skank" comment, did you….lol….i was sort of waiting for some sort of justification for that

Old 11-21-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
didn't want to touch the "pole dancing skank" comment, did you….lol….i was sort of waiting for some sort of justification for that
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:27 AM

11 posts, read 12,637 times
Quote:
You are right Yankee, we will hopefully get a final decision on Tuesday. Still kind of interesting to debate it tho. One only issue with the logic is she didn't know it was wrong. It wasn't like she submitted one, was warned not to do it again, submitted another one, was warned again, etc….She submitted whatever the number it was and now someone says "you can't do that". So lets keep it in context
Still don't buy it. If she's that woefully mentally incompetent that she can't read and infer from the statement that submitting expenses more than once may result in her perjuring herself then I certainly would question her ability to be able to be an effective Board member.

Oh wait, she's NOT an effective Board member. Other than grandstanding an walking off without voting at the redistricting meeting (registering a 'Yes' vote according to the BOEs rules), what has Marce ACTUALLY DONE while in her role for UCPS?

I'd like to see her long list of accomplishments...

Old 11-21-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYankee-007 View Post
Still don't buy it. If she's that woefully mentally incompetent that she can't read and infer from the statement that submitting expenses more than once may result in her perjuring herself then I certainly would question her ability to be able to be an effective Board member.

Oh wait, she's NOT an effective Board member. Other than grandstanding an walking off without voting at the redistricting meeting (registering a 'Yes' vote according to the BOEs rules), what has Marce ACTUALLY DONE while in her role for UCPS?

I'd like to see her long list of accomplishments...
She is already ahead of the others for the mere fact of opposing the redistricting plan….these yo-yo's couldn't even come up with a plan to last 2 months before they had to cap a school….REDISTRICTING IS SUPPOSED TO ALLEVIATE CAPS….nice plan, huh

Old 11-21-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about.
the brainwashing must have escaped District 2 and leaked into your groundwater i see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte