Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 09:07 PM

527 posts, read 743,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
But we are not yucking it up. You and the rest of the kool-aid crowd don't get that. Go ahead and keep talking about emails and capacity. And Hillegas and crew can keep staring at Stewart from the front row every BOE meeting, but the problem is not the BOE.

A storm is coming and it isn't a good one for any of us.

MikeyKid for District 6 Rep by the way. If not Mikey then cc because she actually stood up to Webb before anyone else and even according to WaxhawMike she got the numbers right.
Don't embarrass yourself by lumping me in with the very, very small minority of the Hillegas crew. My posts speak for themselves and at different times, on different topics I've found merit on both sides of the different topics. Unlike some of you, I don't blindly follow or commit allegiance based on relationships.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:19 PM

136 posts, read 106,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
We have all been awaiting the explanation for two months now. Nice try trying to make this about me. Whether or not someone is actually ever charged has nothing to do with their guilt as we all know.
Actually she did try to explain, but Dickie stamped his feet and didnt want to hear it

Old 12-06-2014, 06:34 AM

113 posts, read 149,973 times
I did not get the impression she was going to explain or justify her actions - she was simply planning to read the statement she handed out.

"Savage appeared at the beginning of the meeting, but walked out right away after the board chairman wouldn’t let her make a statement. She ended up passing that statement out. It did not address the allegations, but said the board was persecuting her"

Old 12-06-2014, 08:53 AM

136 posts, read 106,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd1 View Post
I did not get the impression she was going to explain or justify her actions - she was simply planning to read the statement she handed out.

"Savage appeared at the beginning of the meeting, but walked out right away after the board chairman wouldn’t let her make a statement. She ended up passing that statement out. It did not address the allegations, but said the board was persecuting her"
well we wont really know now, will we....Dickie never gave her the chance to speak

Old 12-06-2014, 09:25 AM

113 posts, read 149,973 times
She was not provided a chance to speak prior to presenting the facts (its called sticking to the agenda). Had she stayed seated until the facts were presented she would have had an opportunity to speak - as did all the BOE members. If she had something worth saying she should have stuck around - i certainly would have.

She also had a chance to speak in the following BOE meeting as well as multiple times to the press.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:59 AM

527 posts, read 743,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd1 View Post
She was not provided a chance to speak prior to presenting the facts (its called sticking to the agenda).
Are you being serious right now? Yercheck hasn't minded going away from the agenda on the past... I guess it was only ok when he knew about it in advance via illegal private meetings.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:23 AM

549 posts, read 679,468 times
Board of Education member resigns amidst investigation | www.wsoctv.com

SBI investigation that is.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:27 AM

631 posts, read 891,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
Are you being serious right now? Yercheck hasn't minded going away from the agenda on the past... I guess it was only ok when he knew about it in advance via illegal private meetings.
Wait. I thought that topic actually did go to trial and was found not true.

I do hope Marce made a simple mistake and will let the sherif decide. It's the ones where she didn't show up to the event that will be harder to explain if that was the case. That being said she has had plenty of times to explain herself: BOE meeting, press, social media, etc.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:28 AM

549 posts, read 679,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
Or perhaps it was due to her "job promotion." State School Board member Marce Savage steps down - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Old 12-06-2014, 12:05 PM

3 posts, read 2,176 times
If I remember correctly, Mrs. Savage's whereabouts concerning the waving off a local meeting for her state board travels, first led to the discovery of her double billing. In my world, that is known as "reasonable suspicion" and warrants a closer look. Then a vast amount (yet apparently incomplete in my opinion), of glaring potential ethical/criminal violations was discovered. Thus warranting an escalation of the investigation with the enjoining of law enforcement, the ethics commission and fraud investigators from the state auditor, again as we say in my world as being grounded solidly in "probable cause". Savage is in trouble, politically obviously, but more importantly, she is staring down the barrel of numerous potential felonies. One aspect yet to even be considered, if her alledged crimes are substantiated, did she employ electronic means or the US postal service to transmit her potentially criminal acts? That is what we call wire and/or mail fraud, a nice touch of icing on the cake in the form of additional leverage when it comes to fraud cases that is very easy to prove by the way.

She might want to resign locally as well to her state position as a sincere gesture of accepting responsibility and expressing true remorse, pray she can plead to something less than a felony and for damn sure find a real lawyer other than barefoot joe.

I also have to wonder if she regrets not simply taking her lumps on the initial ethics complaint before this exploded in her face? So many times those that know they are wrong, think their "intellect" when coupled with the song and dance we see by not only by themselves, but their enablers as well, actually weigh in their favor. Mrs. Savage and her possee are due a reality check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte