Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 02:25 PM

7 posts, read 11,267 times

Advertisements

We will be moving in July! We have four children - two out of the house (25) (21) and two in middle school (7th and 8th grades). Still house hunting and its been tough. Looking in Weddington area - would like to find a 5 bedroom with a pool! Hoping to find an active community. We have looked at Providence Downs, Weddington Chase, Providence Downs South, Victoria Lake and several others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 02:35 PM

31 posts, read 47,700 times
Well... I'm down here. Kinda isolated, for now, as the family has not come down, yet (finishing packing/school).

Overall, things are good. Not sure about much, yet. Still getting bearings.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:05 PM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark54g View Post
Well... I'm down here. Kinda isolated, for now, as the family has not come down, yet (finishing packing/school).

Best of luck in the transition to the Carolinas!

Old 06-17-2017, 05:59 PM

869 posts, read 1,785,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark54g View Post

Good luck with it the move. I stayed behind 2 months while my wife was here working already last year, so I get where you're coming from.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:14 PM

26 posts, read 31,665 times
Hello everyone,
We are an Indian family moving from New York to Charlotte in September this year. We have a 3 year old son. Looking for an apartment, with facilities like gym included in the community. Preferably close to public transport system and not having a very "rural"/ "suburban" feel. Also need a good PreK school near by. Would also appreciate it if the Indian grocery store is not too far. Budget is around $1500 for a 1-1.5 bedroom apartment. Would be great if washer dryer is in unit. Thanks for your advice!
PS: Husband's office is not in uptown, and I am looking to work in a research facility preferably in Oncology. So will need to look at job options accordingly.
Rate this post positively
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 08:07 AM

486 posts, read 464,713 times
Hi. We are looking into the charlotte area also. Looking to relocate Oct 2018. I've called a few miving companies and the best I come up with is zippy shell. They will move us for 2725 from ny to NC. Includes the loading and unloading and . We still have to find self storage. Any input please let me know!

Old 08-03-2017, 11:43 AM

35 posts, read 26,403 times
Default From Miami to NC - Not sure where yet...

Hello -

Need some thoughts from locals or people who have relocated to the area. We are three families moving from Miami to NC. Here is what is important to us:

Hospital/Urgent Cares close by
Large Law Firms or major corporations
Looking for Classical schools
Diverse neighborhoods with low crime in a city with home town feel
Close to lakes/rivers

Thanks for your help!!

AFlaMom3

Old 08-08-2017, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,620 times
Default 2410 Wensley Drive, Charlotte, Beware

Owner and Agent failed to disclose, serious flooding, and dangerous water heater issues, stay clear of this property. Get a full inspection, prior to giving them any "due diligence fee", you will lose it. Also overpriced considering the work required to make property whole.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:38 PM

11 posts, read 18,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiandr View Post
Hello everyone,
We are an Indian family moving from New York to Charlotte in September this year. We have a 3 year old son. Looking for an apartment, with facilities like gym included in the community. Preferably close to public transport system and not having a very "rural"/ "suburban" feel. Also need a good PreK school near by. Would also appreciate it if the Indian grocery store is not too far. Budget is around $1500 for a 1-1.5 bedroom apartment. Would be great if washer dryer is in unit. Thanks for your advice!
PS: Husband's office is not in uptown, and I am looking to work in a research facility preferably in Oncology. So will need to look at job options accordingly.
Rate this post positively
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
In what part of town will your husband be working? Largest Indian grocery stores are in Pineville and University City. If you like to be around other Indians (I know some people do whereas I go for full on integration sensation), I believe the largest Indian population is in University City, but I believe the Ballantyne population has been in the States longer while the people in Ayersly seem to be more recently arrived Newlyweds.

You may have your best bet in University City or near Northlake. The light rail will open up that way soon and there are plenty of family friendly things to do in the area. The type of job you're looking for will probably be up that way as well.

Good luck and welcome home!

Old 08-11-2017, 10:42 PM

11 posts, read 18,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFlaMom3 View Post
Hello -

Need some thoughts from locals or people who have relocated to the area. We are three families moving from Miami to NC. Here is what is important to us:

Hospital/Urgent Cares close by
Large Law Firms or major corporations
Looking for Classical schools
Diverse neighborhoods with low crime in a city with home town feel
Close to lakes/rivers

Thanks for your help!!

AFlaMom3
Davidson, Huntersville, Lake Norman, Fort Mill/Rock Hill.

Fort Mill & Rock Hill are in SC, so be aware of that concerning your Law Firm engagements
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte