Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 03:17 PM

28 posts, read 44,400 times

Advertisements

First of all thanks for your time and help!

Strongly considering moving to Charlotte to work in the WF call center on West WT Harris Blvd, but every page I read gives horror stories of crime, including break-ins and robberies.

All I want is to figure out the safest neighborhood with the shortest commute to the call center as affordable as possible.

Thank you so much for any suggestions or advice!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 03:55 PM

547 posts, read 773,840 times
I worked at that campus for a couple years. Nothing I would worry about. Its nice in that area. Never had issues. There are a lot of apartments Scattered along WT. It starts to get sketchy further south of there towards the city.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
I worked at that campus for a couple years. Nothing I would worry about. Its nice in that area. Never had issues. There are a lot of apartments Scattered along WT. It starts to get sketchy further south of there towards the city.
Thanks for your reply! All the apartments near there do seem to have many reviews of crime and dangerous people, though. So I am concerned.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Old 11-06-2017, 07:26 PM

10 posts, read 14,086 times
Anyone move to Waxhaw area recently?

Old 11-07-2017, 06:26 AM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischarlottesafe View Post
Thanks for your reply! All the apartments near there do seem to have many reviews of crime and dangerous people, though. So I am concerned.

Anyone else have anything to add?
Check out:

Radbourne Lake
The Reserve at Stone Hallow
Bexley Village at Concord Mills
Bexley Square at Concord Mills
Walden Station
Walden Court
Landings at Greenbrooke

Old 11-07-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
Check out:

Radbourne Lake
The Reserve at Stone Hallow
Bexley Village at Concord Mills
Bexley Square at Concord Mills
Walden Station
Walden Court
Landings at Greenbrooke
Thanks so much for these leads!

Old 11-08-2017, 06:07 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,167,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbeachguy83 View Post
Anyone move to Waxhaw area recently?
Not recently but I live in Waxhaw right now.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,155 times
Moving for work to the South Charlotte area. Office is near 521 and Fort Mill Hwy. Looking for a short drive to work and a neighboorhood that has lots of kids - have been thinking near one of three high schools. Ardrey Kell, Indian Land, and Cuthbertson. Any advice? I have researched all the tax differences and house prices but really looking for advice on neighboorhoods where kids can play outside etc.... We could go several directions in terms of home. I would especially like to rent in the neighborhood for a year before buying. Close in, I like Bridgemill, Shelly Woods on the SC side, and Lawson by Cuthbertson high. Especially need advice on kid friendly neighborhoods around Ardrey Kell, which may give me the shortest drive to work.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:35 AM

73 posts, read 91,610 times
I moved here from NY about 2 years ago, work in Ballantyne and live in Indian Land. I have two daughters in the school district and basically looked at the same areas you did before settling on Indian Land. I'll PM you some more info as to what my thoughts are.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:39 AM

87 posts, read 229,718 times
Hi folks- hoping to get some guidance here. We're moving from northern NJ and these are the things important to us:

- Highly rated/ Diverse elementary school. (I've narrowed it down to Hawkridge or Elon Park based on commute/ratings etc).
- family friendly neighborhood where we can make new friends. (kid is in 2nd grade).
- not too bad a commute from downtown where my spouse will be working.

I'm a little torn on whether a townhome/single family home (more room) makes sense or it might be a better idea to live in an apartment complex. We currently live in a single family home, so I love the idea of having access to a pool, amenities etc and possibly being closer to neighbors to build that sense of community. Any advice/thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte