Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,096 times

Advertisements

I agree, its fun to live and play in uptown, but the benefit of Charlotte, is you can be 15 to 30 minutes away and save quite a bit of money. Are schools a concern, will you be going to UNCC? If so you may want to try the north side, maybe Huntersville or North Charlotte. You can get a nice two bedroom apt near the lake, good shopping and nice areas for $900. You would be 20 to 30 min from uptown.

The Banks do look at interns but just brough in their summer interns, so you may want ot look at Fall internships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 09:49 AM

73 posts, read 467,866 times
I would recommend renting in Elizabeth or Plaza Midwood. The schools are better for your daughter if you rent in Elizabeth. Both are highly walkable areas of center city Charlotte (there are about 4-6 historic residential neighborhoods that are part of center city and are considered inner-city living...great communities). Check out: Welcome to the Elizabeth Community Web Site and Plaza Midwood Neighborhood - Charlotte, NC. You could probably get a good 1-2 bedroom place for $1000 or less. Some houses in my neighborhood (Elizabeth) rent for less than $1500.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:27 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,553,330 times
Its the Uptown life that unless you live Uptown...you really don't appreciate it. I know many of you couldn't imagine living Uptown...many Uptown people (including myself) could not imagine living in the burbs again.

The extra money is worth it to alot of people (me included). Besides you get a faster return on your money Uptown (or you always did in the past..things may be different now).

It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round...and if everyone were alike it would be a boring world.

Good Luck on moving Uptown or wherever you decide.

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 06-06-2008 at 01:34 PM..

Old 06-06-2008, 01:32 PM

31 posts, read 134,841 times
I really appreciate all of the great advice. I think the Uptown area or South Park will work for me but I will stick check the other areas mentioned esp. the good school systems. I really want to put her in a magnet or private school.

Thanks so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte