Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 09:56 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,243,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
THREAD SUMMARY: Businesses with management too greedy to adjust to inflation and regression conflicted with logic..
Or possibly numerous other reasons as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 10:11 PM

834 posts, read 1,018,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Or possibly numerous other reasons as well.

Yeah, like the desire to taste pies at a pie factory.

The ones who didn't tank were probably smart enough to understand the economics and/or demand, and shut down and sold off. Either way the result of poor management that is likely the product of greed and ignorance..

Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,241,644 times
Quote:

The ones who didn't tank were probably smart enough to understand the economics and/or demand, and shut down and sold off. Either way the result of poor management that is likely the product of greed and ignorance..
Thank you for describing why all businesses fail. Harvard Business Review will be calling for the interview any day now.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,555,576 times
Quote:

I didnt know Charlotte had a pie factory? Where was it located and when did it close?

Old 06-08-2013, 10:06 AM

181 posts, read 353,879 times
gas station and dry cleaners on the corner of sharon amity/monroe road is coming down. Don't know if something else is going there or if it is related to the freeway project at 74/sharon amity.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:39 AM

834 posts, read 1,018,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Thank you for describing why all businesses fail. Harvard Business Review will be calling for the interview any day now.
That would be funny I guess cause you think they're competent economics experts because part of their name is that of a school where the only exceptional people to ever come out were dropping out, and they represent economical competence in a nation that hasn't had economic competence in half a century?

I'll just give them the phone number of a 4th grade math tutor when they call.. problem fixed..

Old 06-09-2013, 01:52 PM

189 posts, read 334,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsN Charlotte View Post
Bite Your Tongue Cajun Restaurant seems to have closed it's doors in the (newest) location East Bland Street. Went earlier this week, so not sure for how long.
I live in the building and BYT was enjoyable. I just never really craved Cajun so I hardly went. Plus the location it was in didn't make it easy for them. Since it isn't seen by the road I feel like something with name recognition should go in that spot. Talking with friends I mentioned Jimmy John's. But I don't want the spot to cannibalize and hurt our local lunch/sandwich places (Crispy Crepe & Common Market). Although they seem to be pretty established and I believe the three could co-exist in that area.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:27 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,575,935 times
Went to lunch today and noticed that Al's Pizza on Woodlawn Road (across from Park Road shopping center) is closed. Sign on the door said another pizza place 'coming soon'...

I had only been there once and the pizza was fair but they had great beer specials!

Old 06-17-2013, 05:53 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,633,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I had only been there once...

So, it's your fault they closed!

Old 06-17-2013, 07:04 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,243,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
So, it's your fault they closed!
I've never been, so it must really be my fault!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte