Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 07:57 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Of course it can. At that moment the world is being seen through your eyes, and every time you take a picture your unique perspective is being preserved for the rest of us to see. Some of us may try to go beyond the simple "point and click"...looking for the perfect angle, the perfect settings, the perfect lighting, but each shot is unique to that person, capturing an instant in time that will never happen again.

So on the contrary I would say you could do something very amazing alongside the grand scheme of things. Because it sure is a shame to have that one wonderful second in time where a bird flies, a skyline is lit in blue, a goal is scored or a sun rise is lost forever.

I take photography way to flippin' seriously.
Damn, Brian. That was sheerly poetic. You inspire me.

Pssssttt . . . I just got a new lens this evening. And WHAT A DEAL. DS is gonna try to rip it off this weekend, I assure you. He found the deal. I can't believe it wasn't a scam. I got a Nikon 50-200 mm zoom - regularly $260-280 or so - for $99!!!. One of DS's friends found it - IM'd him - and I ordered it Tues nite - and it came today! Not reconditioned - new! I still can't figure out that deal. HH Gregg - I didn't even know they sold Nikon products (never have been there!!!)

Old 01-29-2009, 08:13 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Damn, Brian. That was sheerly poetic. You inspire me.

Pssssttt . . . I just got a new lens this evening. And WHAT A DEAL. DS is gonna try to rip it off this weekend, I assure you. He found the deal. I can't believe it wasn't a scam. I got a Nikon 50-200 mm zoom - regularly $260-280 or so - for $99!!!. One of DS's friends found it - IM'd him - and I ordered it Tues nite - and it came today! Not reconditioned - new! I still can't figure out that deal. HH Gregg - I didn't even know they sold Nikon products (never have been there!!!)

Lens envy! Lens envy! That deal is nuts!!!! How on earth did they make any money on that sale? Forget it...don't question it...just post the pictures you take with it.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Lens envy! Lens envy! That deal is nuts!!!! How on earth did they make any money on that sale? Forget it...don't question it...just post the pictures you take with it.
I know - it is nuts. Honestly, I thought I was probably online w/ some scam website!! I kept checking to see if it truly was a secure site. Then logged off, came back on not using a provided link - just got on hh gregg's website. I was verrrrrrry skeptical.

But you probably won't see any pix I take w/ that lens. DS really is a gifted photographer - seriously - that young man has a GIFT!!!! And he has been moaning and groaning about how he can't wait to get out of school so he can afford a lens . . . so you know momma will give this one to him.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:42 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,733 times
Quote:
I know - it is nuts. Honestly, I thought I was probably online w/ some scam website!! I kept checking to see if it truly was a secure site. Then logged off, came back on not using a provided link - just got on hh gregg's website. I was verrrrrrry skeptical.

But you probably won't see any pix I take w/ that lens. DS really is a gifted photographer - seriously - that young man has a GIFT!!!! And he has been moaning and groaning about how he can't wait to get out of school so he can afford a lens . . . so you know momma will give this one to him.

Well no matter the lens, I'm already loading up that photography section, so let's get some more Charlotte representation in there. Load 'em up!!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Well no matter the lens, I'm already loading up that photography section, so let's get some more Charlotte representation in there. Load 'em up!!!!
ROFL!!! Go, Brian!! Go, Brian!!!

Where is Sunny? And Peyton is still out of town, I guess. Peyton and Sunny will post things over there every so often.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 PM

Brian - just checked out your pix. That nightime shot of the skyline - w/ the MOON!!! - I love that shot. I cannot believe the moon! Did you take that one the night we were all talking about the moon being so large in the sky?? LOVE THAT SHOT.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:04 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,896,159 times
Quote:
ROFL!!! Go, Brian!! Go, Brian!!!

Where is Sunny? And Peyton is still out of town, I guess. Peyton and Sunny will post things over there every so often.
So Ani...I guess you don't consider me part of Charlotte posting in Photography?

Old 01-29-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
So Ani...I guess you don't consider me part of Charlotte posting in Photography?
Hey, Sweetie! Awwwwwww . . . you are the most faithful member f/ CLT over there on Photography. I didn't mention you cause you are already over on that Photography thread and blowing everyone away w/ your work!!!

Things have slowed up on that forum. As you know, I have lurked over there for a loooooong time. I noticed a lot of people who used to post regularly are not doing so much these days. Lots of talent over there . . .

Old 01-29-2009, 09:18 PM

Bibit - did you get any shots of the moon that night when it was so big? I remember you were talking about it but I forgot to check w/ you later.

Okay - I am shutting down. Tomorrow is FRIDAY! WOO HOO!! DS is coming!!! Happy Happy!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,896,159 times
Quote:
Hey, Sweetie! Awwwwwww . . . you are the most faithful member f/ CLT over there on Photography. I didn't mention you cause you are already over on that Photography thread and blowing everyone away w/ your work!!!

Things have slowed up on that forum. As you know, I have lurked over there for a loooooong time. I noticed a lot of people who used to post regularly are not doing so much these days. Lots of talent over there . . .
Sniff...sniff...I thought ya didn't luv me no more, Miss Ani! You know, I just lurk there right now...can't compete with the Alaska peeps with their landscapes and fauna...NO FAIR! I have said that all we have here lately is brown and dead, so I'll wait for spring instead. I see that the bug has bit you quite hard. I'm waiting to see more of what is produced from this "deduction"! So far so good! And with the new lens which I hope DS doesn't totally abscond with, I only expect...uhhh...perfection?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte