Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:08 PM

474 posts, read 2,192,007 times

Advertisements

Let's all make note of the fact that the State of North Carolina has an enormous illegal immigrant problem. I believe it is 8th in the country and 2nd only to CA per capita. So you only have to look at where the heaviest populated areas are. Illegal immigrants bring their culture with them also! which includes drugs, murder and mayhem.

Just the facts m'am/sir; and let's not argue. This is not a contest between the "I Like Its", and the "Don't Like Its".

Big cities have big crime.

Different strokes for different folks.

Now can we maybe wrap up this thread? Geesh.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:13 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklaur View Post
I think we are all running out of ways to say to you bri that NO ONE is disputing that there are some crime issues. However, as stated over and over everyone has to take this information and put it into the context of their own comfort zones. As appreciated as these links that you keep attaching are, I personally feel like you are trying to put the fear of God into everyone about Charlotte and its crime. IMO there is a fine line between being partial, helpful and informative and then shoving your own views down peoples throats. I appreciate the bad with the good as it is all informative but scaring folks away is helping who?
I like to substitute "scaring" for "informing". The debate isn't as to whether or not there's crime but as to how much. I think the original poster, as well as anyone else who might be lurking, can extrapolate what they wish out of this thread.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:30 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklaur View Post
I think we are all running out of ways to say to you bri that NO ONE is disputing that there are some crime issues. However, as stated over and over everyone has to take this information and put it into the context of their own comfort zones. As appreciated as these links that you keep attaching are, I personally feel like you are trying to put the fear of God into everyone about Charlotte and its crime. IMO there is a fine line between being partial, helpful and informative and then shoving your own views down peoples throats. I appreciate the bad with the good as it is all informative but scaring folks away is helping who?
Exactly my point! No one is arguing with the assertion that crime exists in Charlotte. We KNOW it exists. But the way you keep posing link after link it is beginning to look like you have a personal vendetta against the city so many of us love. You know, when you love someone, or something, you love it warts and all. We can see what the problems in Charlotte are, no need for you to continue to force your personal opinions on us Brian, really, enough already. We all get your point, we all agree with you that there is a growing criminal element in Charlotte (of course the city is growing so one would expect the crime rate to grow too unfortunately), please quit beating this issue to death.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:48 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Exactly my point! No one is arguing with the assertion that crime exists in Charlotte. We KNOW it exists. But the way you keep posing link after link it is beginning to look like you have a personal vendetta against the city so many of us love. You know, when you love someone, or something, you love it warts and all. We can see what the problems in Charlotte are, no need for you to continue to force your personal opinions on us Brian, really, enough already. We all get your point, we all agree with you that there is a growing criminal element in Charlotte (of course the city is growing so one would expect the crime rate to grow too unfortunately), please quit beating this issue to death.
It's a debate. You can choose to enter if you wish or you can choose not to.

Like I said, those who've posted here and those who lurk can now take the all of the information in this thread and do with it what they will. I don't think I can add any more to it than what's already here.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:31 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
It's a debate. You can choose to enter if you wish or you can choose not to.

Like I said, those who've posted here and those who lurk can now take the all of the information in this thread and do with it what they will. I don't think I can add any more to it than what's already here.
AH HA!! Now I see the REAL problem - you are under the mistaken impression that this is a DEBATE board - now I get why you just don't cease and desist. Please Brian, try to understand, I respect your right to your opinions, we just disagree about the facts - end of story. No one here wants to debate you because that is NOT why we are here. There are many boards where debating is the format, but City Data is not one of them. City Data has a whole other purpose and agenda. Therefore I agree with Annie - it is time for this thread to end. Best of luck to you in wherever you decide to go once you leave Charlotte.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
AH HA!! Now I see the REAL problem - you are under the mistaken impression that this is a DEBATE board - now I get why you just don't cease and desist. Please Brian, try to understand, I respect your right to your opinions, we just disagree about the facts - end of story. No one here wants to debate you because that is NOT why we are here. There are many boards where debating is the format, but City Data is not one of them. City Data has a whole other purpose and agenda. Therefore I agree with Annie - it is time for this thread to end. Best of luck to you in wherever you decide to go once you leave Charlotte.
Wrong yet again. I'm fully aware this is not a debate board however a discussion board about areas in which to live. If someone comes up with something that I feel may be misleading information, I will counter it as best as I can (which will give the original poster a far better idea of the area he or she is inquiring about). However the cease and desist statement got a good chuckle out of me.

And with that I'm done with this thread. Nothing more for me to add to this one. Everyone considering Charlotte, take what you will out of this discussion.

Last edited by BrianH1970; 03-25-2007 at 04:04 PM..

Old 03-25-2007, 04:10 PM

474 posts, read 2,192,007 times
As I see it, this would have been quite a normal discussion/debate/exchange of opinions had some posters not taken the subject "personally". When people take things personally and verbally denigrate the opinions of others, they lose this: credibility.

You cannot be so adamant about a subject without causing hurt feelings; and that my friends, is not the purpose of a discussion or a debate, or an exchange of opinions which is what forums are truly about.

Reasonable people have reasonable expectations and many are thoughtful enough not to get defensive.

All together now, everyone get out in the yard and do 50 pushups now, blow off steam if you will, or go split a cord of wood.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:11 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
So because crime is everywhere that excuses it if Charlotte's crime rate is actually increasing? Being careful wherever you are should be an every day practice. That doesn't mean that it'd be okay to move to St. Louis, last year's most dangerous city, just because hey...crime is everywhere. Take your pick, Camden NJ or Brick NJ because crime is everywhere?

You have decent areas of Charlotte and you have bad areas of Charlotte. Given the areas I remember up in New Jersey you would stay away from the bad city and the surrounding area because you know the crime would eventually overflow.

If you're going to move to NC look to move in and around Cary. Charlotte? In the long term, nope.

Nothing excuses anything, I don't what you are talking about. I said be careful. If you think Cary is the place to be have at it.

I want to know why the Cornelius police dept continue to let that stop and cop continue to do business. It's so obvious what is going on, I saw it again yesterday. The police dept is not even a quarter of a mile away, I'm beginning to think these cops are being paid off, unless it's a sting operation. Why else does this continue to go on, on a daily basis? Is this part of the problem? The cops don't arrest people?

Old 03-25-2007, 06:11 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,051 times
Quote:
First off, kmway you still called me miserable.
You know what I meant

BTW, that murder was again (sadly) yet another statistic that points to what I have been saying all along: the violent/random crime in Charlotte is mainly found in the largely low-income, hispanic areas (in this case Eastway drive). Eastway drive has been a hotbed of crime since the early 90s, nothing new here. All of us fortunate enough to live in other areas are relatively safe, thankfully.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:12 PM

823 posts, read 3,921,565 times
I recently researched the 2005 crime statistics on the NC Dept. of Justice website, http://sbi2.jus.state.nc.us/crp/publ...%20Revised.pdf, and was quite surprised at how much higher the crime index rate was for Charlotte (54,000/100,000 total crime and 7,000/100,000 violent crime) than Durham, Raleigh, Greensboro, and Winston Salem (13,000-16,000/100,000 total crime and 1,500-2,000/100,000 violent crime).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte