Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,985,709 times

Advertisements

Sent you message through your websites email.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:59 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Battlefields are usually haunted, are you planning to check the Kings Mountain battlefield?

Old 08-14-2009, 07:01 AM

701 posts, read 1,429,385 times
Read "The Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan. It eloquently lays out the argument why the belief in ghosts, spirits, ufo's etc. are patently ridiculous.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:54 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
When I lay down at night I keep seeing a scantly dressed woman, with large boobs in my room.

Then in the morning, she's gone. This repeats itself almost every night.

Is this paranormal?
Can I stay at your house a few nights a week?

Old 08-14-2009, 10:21 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,318,524 times
I can tell you something that I saw that literally scared me nearly to death.
I do not post this to try and persuade anyone to believe in God/Satan/heaven/hell, although I do.

In the early/mid 80s a family member volunteered a few days per week at a crisis pregnancy center in Charlotte.
This was the time when PCs were really starting to proliferate down to the smallest businesses and I was there one afternoon setting them up a database for client records.
Typical counseling center setup: main waiting room, private offices feeding down a hallway, two admin offices, mostly quiet environment.

Out of nowhere a female client in one of the closed offices starts screaming at the top of her lungs.
Not a high pitched scream like injury/fear, but a low gut churning sound not unlike some of the sounds in a horror movie. Immediately we ran to the closed office to assess and aid in what was happening and I will never forget the scene.
This young girl had her eyes rolled back in her head, her mouth gaping open, barley moving, and yet was projecting multiple voices in different pitches.
An impossibility, yet it was happening.

To make a very long story short, the client was in her first counseling session and was crying over her current situation. The counselor asked if she could pray, and the client said yes.
As the counselor, in prayer, mentioned the name 'Jesus' is when the client had begun to scream.

Having seen pure evil first hand, I have no choice but to believe in God.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 AM

852 posts, read 2,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
I can tell you something that I saw that literally scared me nearly to death.
I do not post this to try and persuade anyone to believe in God/Satan/heaven/hell, although I do.

In the early/mid 80s a family member volunteered a few days per week at a crisis pregnancy center in Charlotte.
This was the time when PCs were really starting to proliferate down to the smallest businesses and I was there one afternoon setting them up a database for client records.
Typical counseling center setup: main waiting room, private offices feeding down a hallway, two admin offices, mostly quiet environment.

Out of nowhere a female client in one of the closed offices starts screaming at the top of her lungs.
Not a high pitched scream like injury/fear, but a low gut churning sound not unlike some of the sounds in a horror movie. Immediately we ran to the closed office to assess and aid in what was happening and I will never forget the scene.
This young girl had her eyes rolled back in her head, her mouth gaping open, barley moving, and yet was projecting multiple voices in different pitches.
An impossibility, yet it was happening.

To make a very long story short, the client was in her first counseling session and was crying over her current situation. The counselor asked if she could pray, and the client said yes.
As the counselor, in prayer, mentioned the name 'Jesus' is when the client had begun to scream.

Having seen pure evil first hand, I have no choice but to believe in God.
What happened to the client afterwards?

Old 08-14-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
What happened to the client afterwards?
Exorcism a few weeks later by a preacher in town.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:33 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,322,505 times
They all ate pea soup afterwords!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:36 AM

852 posts, read 2,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Exorcism a few weeks later by a preacher in town.
Seriously? Was she actually pregnant?

Old 08-14-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
Seriously? Was she actually pregnant?
Serious, and yes.

Again, I did not post to proselytize.
But I saw this 'paranormal' activity, and it extremely scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte