Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:48 PM

23 posts, read 51,953 times

Advertisements

I'm with a paranormal research group based in Gastonia... We are looking for new members as well as places of local legend, private knowledge, or public knowledge where paranormal activity is said or believed to occur. We have gone on a few investigations already and we are searching for other locations that may be worthwhile in visiting.

Moreover - if anyone would like to send a message and let us know of places that aren't as well known as most or anyone who would like to tell us their own personal story or send a few photos of what you think isn't supposed to be there, we are MORE than willing to listen and take a look. Visit my page - send me a message...

Old 08-13-2009, 03:49 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,322,771 times
The lights in the bathrooms of my apartment keep turning off on their own. Not sure if its shotty wiring or ghosts messing with me. Any suggestions?

Old 08-13-2009, 03:53 PM

Above anything else, call an electrician to come test the wiring and see if anything in your bathroom needs to be repaired. Perhaps they can be contacted through a landlord. After everything of that nature is taken care of and no other explanations can be attained, it could possibly be something paranormal. As for now, I don't believe so.

Thanks for the reply!

Old 08-13-2009, 04:06 PM

716 posts, read 1,545,370 times
When I lay down at night with my eyes open I will sometimes see these little type balls of light shoot back and forth. They are dim but still noticeable would this be an indicator of paranormal activity? I am in South Charlotte and was wondering if this area has a high probability for paranormal activity?

Old 08-13-2009, 04:23 PM

By balls of light, you mean something like in your close line of vision or throughout the room? It could be anything from your mind racing around after turning out lights and going instantly from light to dark as well as possible paranormal activity. I cannot say that it's paranormal in nature simply because I do not know the history of the house, land, or what may have happened there.

I'm not one to say whether or not a certain area has a high probability for activity. It's all in whether or not others believe what is happening around them is real or paranormal in nature. Local legends, personal encounters, unexplainable phenomena that happens... All of these things factor into what may or may not be paranormal.

For instance - crime rates in Charlotte are astronomical. (Not to offend anyone by saying it's a terrible place to live - only stating that crime rates are high there as well as other places.) Perhaps the death tole is greater and therefore violent death occur more frequently... Could this cause poltergeist activity? Ghostly encounters? Maybe, maybe not... A spirit wouldn't tend to stick around a drug house to "haunt" it simply because it was killed there. Then again, an entirely different spirit might return there before any type of drug trafficking began simply because it may have been a childhood home with fond memories...

However, many stories circulate about various locations in Charlotte that are rumored to be haunted or possess paranormal occurrences. Some websites have lists of places located primarily in the Charlotte area that people have reported feeling, seeing, hearing (etc.) things that are NOT normal and that they cannot explain through normal means. In my opinion, the Charlotte area DOES have a high probability for being haunted as well as other places that I've personally investigated that are not located there. Every location has a high probability... until or unless proven otherwise. We don't know what's out there until we find. It's a matter of time...

Old 08-13-2009, 04:31 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,322,771 times
Since we are talking paranormal activity. What do Christians think of paranormal activity? Dont christians think the soul goes to heaven or hell after someone dies? If so, how could there be ghosts. Is Satan telling his minions to come back to earth and haunt places? Is there a purgatory that could be earth? Are angels taking vacations to earth and we just think they are ghosts? How are these ghosts here?

Old 08-13-2009, 04:37 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,368 times
When I lay down at night I keep seeing a scantly dressed woman, with large boobs in my room.

Then in the morning, she's gone. This repeats itself almost every night.

Is this paranormal?

Old 08-13-2009, 04:43 PM

I cannot speak for other religions. I do not know their beliefs and as I state mine, I will certainly be criticized or offend people who hold their own beliefs quite strongly. I do not know what is out there. I hunt avidly for answers and while I only recently took up this... belief?... I do not entirely "believe" in God and Satan or Heaven and Hell. I simply can't. I think we... are just here. Simple and easy. I think ghosts or "spirits" might stay here as a sort of after image of something that has happened before.

In our research, I personally consider two types of activity or hauntings - a residual haunt in which an act or an event repeats itself forever, caught in time. Maybe it's that spirits memory unfolding one particular astronomical event that mean more to them than anything for one reason or another. Maybe it's the last thing they thought about before they died. I don't know. The second type that i consider is an intelligent haunt where the spirit knows what it is doing and is completely or at least almost completely aware of it's actions. Maybe it wants to cause harm because that's what it did when it was still alive or maybe it wants to protect for the same reason. In some EVP sessions that I've encountered, investigators ask questions particulalry asking a spirit if it knows that it is dead and the answer has been, "Yes."

Furthermore, as for "angels" and "demons," maybe these are intelligent protective or malevolent spirits acting in such a manner as to cause people to assume that what they read in the Bible is, in fact, what they are experiencing - Angels or demons.

I do not speak for anyone else - only myself. I do not intend to offend anyone in what I am saying and if offense in taken by anything I've said, I do apologize. I only ask that while I respect your beliefs and I do not attack you for them, you do the same for me.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:44 PM

NMyTree...

I have no response... except to say that, NO, this is not paranormal in nature.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:46 PM

201 posts, read 670,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly.gilbertparanormal View Post
I'm with a paranormal research group based in Gastonia... We are looking for new members as well as places of local legend, private knowledge, or public knowledge where paranormal activity is said or believed to occur. We have gone on a few investigations already and we are searching for other locations that may be worthwhile in visiting.

Moreover - if anyone would like to send a message and let us know of places that aren't as well known as most or anyone who would like to tell us their own personal story or send a few photos of what you think isn't supposed to be there, we are MORE than willing to listen and take a look. Visit my page - send me a message...

We went on a 'ghost tour' in Charleston, SC a few years back. It was fun and entertaining. I think I enjoyed learning the history of certain restaurants and houses as much I did about their ghosts, lol!

This was a night tour. At one point, something scurried across the path we were getting ready to cross. Everyone jumped, even those of on the skeptical side of seeing an actual ghost.

As it turned out, it was just a cat...but wouldn't that have been a great story otherwise?

As for the Charlotte area, there are some excellent books at the bookstore or library about places that are said to be haunted. That might be a good place to get names of people who are passionate about the topic, and can provide some good leads.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte