Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:23 PM

23 posts, read 51,953 times

Advertisements

Amazing story, Ani! It makes me want to get the information from you about the home and location so that I might research and potentially investigate, lol. A little out of the way, however. Too bad - I wouldn't mind a road trip!! =)

Old 08-16-2009, 05:39 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,784,493 times
I got goose bumps all over from your story Ani and from the OP story, it even made the hair on my head stand on end. . I find this stuff so interesting. I have had a few "encounters" myself, or at least what I would like to think were encounters.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:03 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
I got goose bumps all over from your story Ani and from the OP story, it even made the hair on my head stand on end. . I find this stuff so interesting. I have had a few "encounters" myself, or at least what I would like to think were encounters.
I think many people have had some sort of "encounter" . . . but since there is no easy way to explain such things after-the-fact . . . we just don't talk about them.

Plus, "seeing things" is likely to get the attention of behavioral mental health professionals who may label such encounters are delusional, Hee Hee. That's why paranormal investigation is interesting - if one can document a magnetic field or record a sound or tape a glowing ball . . . at least there is more to substantiate that one is not merely in need of mental health intervention . . . and that can be a very good thing, indeed.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:38 AM

Default Into the mind of an investigator... Part one?

It's so easy write someone or something off as explainable or natural phenomena. People tend to see what they want to see in anything - their minds are trained to pick out anything and everything from their normal lives and mask it onto what they do not want to view as paranormal. Sometimes this is fine - as in debunking activity that is obviously not paranormal. However sometimes it's natural for someone to look at a photo of an unidentifiable mist and say, "oh, that's just smoke" or "oh, that's just blurry photography." But what if no one in that room was smoking and nothing else in that photograph is blurry?

On the opposing side, what if something is seen that is not really there at all? What if someone wants to find paranormal activity so badly that they will see anything as paranormal in nature? For instance, let's use the same example. Someone takes a photograph of a building as one I've seen myself floating around online. I do not believe it to be paranormal. But there has been speculation that there is a child's face in the grain of the building, the nature flow of how the building was made. This is much like looking at the clouds and making shapes out of them - seeing what we want to see and even going so far as to force our mind to see.

In conclusion, how can we train our minds to see what is really there and what is really not? How can we try to take on a modicum of normalcy while still investigating the paranormal?

These are some things that investigators ask themselves frequently and only a tiny bite of what we expect from our own investigators. We constantly expect people to want to learn on their own, ask questions, and be aware that this is an ongoing job - not just "ghost hunting".

Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 PM

ssd3:

You are more than welcome to tell us about your "encounters." We've already discussed that we are not judging or causing a disturbance here based one what is said or what others believe so you are more than welcome to state your own, if you wish. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte