Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:25 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Can I stay at your house a few nights a week?

Yes, but BYOB.

And that last "B" doesn't stand for beer

Old 08-15-2009, 05:59 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
I will sometimes see these little type balls of light shoot back and forth. They are dim but still noticeable

I think you were just being honest with yourself.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:04 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
I have seen and experienced some strange things in my lifetime. Luckily, most of these "events" have taken place with others in the same area/room . . . otherwise, I would have wondered if I dreamed it all up later. When it is a group experience and everyone experiences the same phenomena, it has a different level of meaning, even if no one in the group can explain what everyone has observed.

I will tell you about one experience I had about 10 years ago, while with a group of folks.

My hubby was interviewing for a position in Atchison, Kansas. Now, call me oblivious, but I had never heard that Atchison, KS is considered one of America's "most haunted towns." After my experience, folks told me to go home and do my research and I would discover that there have been segments on various television shows about Atchison and the phenomena that has gone on there.

But at the time I knew none of this.

I was invited to accompany hubby for this interview and was asked if I would like a tour of the town w/ a realtor - to get a feel for the area and see what real estate might appeal to us.

I had been told that Atchison had some beautiful historic homes on the market, as it used to be a very prosperous railroad town - located on the river on a high bluff . . . Atchison is also Amelia Earhart's home town and many beautiful late 19th and early 20th Century homes line the rolling hills of Atchison's streets.

I have always wanted a B&B and it occurred to me . . . this town might offer that opportunity. One of my favorite pursuits is renovation and decorating . . . so I thought I could make a business of buying one of the beautiful old mansions in need of some tender loving care.

So the realtor took me around town to meet various leaders . . . and then we started looking at houses. There were several very impressive homes for sale, including some on the National Historic Registry (or whatever it is called).

We went into one home and I immediately liked it. Huge steps grandly led to the massive porch and entrance. The foyer itself was quite impressive with a staircase that swept gracefully into the room.

As we went into the first room to the left, I felt someone standing behind me, but when I turned to look, it was as though someone had moved quickly out of sight. I was tired, several folks were talking, and I thought - eehhh - just a long day. But then I felt someone swish by me - and as I turned I caught the glimpse of a long skirt in a shiny fabric - maybe like taffeta. I thought - okay - my imagination is really coming to life in this beautiful historic home.

The present homeowners were there (wh/ is not typical and I found it kind of odd and in fact, intrusive). They wanted to tell me all about the features of the home . . . and point out original details . . . but somewhere along the line, while I was trying to sort out what I was "half-seeing" out of the corner of my eye, the owners kept moving around the room and their body language seemed out of synch - kind of nervous. They made me feel they were trying to keep my attention anywhere but behind me, near the grand piano. Every time I felt there was this "presence" behind me in that area, and started to turn around - either the husband or wife would raise their voices and point to some other detail of the room.

I felt I was being treated like a child whom others were trying to re-direct.

I walked to the back of the room and everyone seemed to herd me - re-direct me - to the doorway to leave the room. It felt awkward.

As we got back into the foyer, they pointed me towards another room across the hall. I held back, even tho I was nearly being pushed into the other room.

I turned quickly and walked back through the previous doorway . . . and there she stood - woman who looked somewhere in between an apparition and reality. Kinda like what I would describe as a hologram. It was obvious she was not a real person but she was life sized.

She had on a blue-grey taffeta silk type dress, to the floor - period clothing - w/ a beautiful ruffled lace bodice and ruffled collar. Her hair was piled on her head. She stood touching the piano and smiled at me. I smiled back. This occurrence lasted only a matter of maybe three seconds, as my hosts had realized I had turned back into the room, and the owner's wife had walked back and as she approached and called my name, I turned and when I quickly looked back around to the piano, the apparition was gone.

I said nothing for a few minutes as we looked in the other downstairs rooms. As we walked up the stairs to the bedrooms, I asked if there had ever been reports of apparitions or any sort of paranormal activity in the house.

The owner (husband) said - "Well, everyone in Atchison likes to claim a ghost or two."

I had no idea what he was referring to (the history of the town as being "haunted").

I said - "Well, I love the house. And as crazy as this sounds, I just saw a lady downstairs."

The wife said, "This house has a lot of good energy. I have felt I saw glimpses of people moving around at times, but all very benevolent." She indicated that what she had seen "out of the corner of her eye" seemed to be located around the kitchen.

I kinda thought it was odd that they didn't ask me more questions about what I had seen.

After walking through two bedrooms, the realtor asked what I had seen, exactly. So I described the woman. No one said anything further.

We walked into the next bedroom, and I noticed there were some pictures on the wall. I went to the old framed photos.

And there she was. The lady I had seen beside the piano.

"This is the first owner of this house, correct?" I asked. They confirmed it.

"This is who I saw downstairs. She must have loved to play the piano."

As it turned out, many of the items in the home were the original furnishings, including the piano.

I could tell that the fact that I had seen the former owner concerned the present owners, as I would assume most folks would not want a house that had spirits wandering around in it, so they were afraid I would rule out the house as a potential buyer.

The conversation was now somewhat awkward - and I wanted to reassure them that actually, this made me even more interested in the property. :-)

After that, they told me some stories about others encountering the former mistress of the home. Strangely, tho, the present owners had never seen the former owner. They had seen what they felt were servants - around the kitchen area.

Rather, their encounter w/ the former owner was quite different. What had occurred is that they had attempted to move the piano several times . . . and mysteriously, it was always returned to its original position within hours.

Hubby didn't take the job so I didn't get to buy the house.

What did I experience that day? Who knows. Whatever it was, it certainly did not make me uncomfortable. After all, the lady had smiled at me. Maybe she knew I, too, am a pianist, LOL.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:36 AM

254 posts, read 1,142,324 times
Default serious response

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly.gilbertparanormal View Post
I'm with a paranormal research group based in Gastonia... We are looking for new members as well as places of local legend, private knowledge, or public knowledge where paranormal activity is said or believed to occur. We have gone on a few investigations already and we are searching for other locations that may be worthwhile in visiting.

Moreover - if anyone would like to send a message and let us know of places that aren't as well known as most or anyone who would like to tell us their own personal story or send a few photos of what you think isn't supposed to be there, we are MORE than willing to listen and take a look. Visit my page - send me a message...

I know there is some sort of bare spot in the earth that is similar to crop circles somewhere over between Sanford and Siler City, NC. Perhaps near Goldston. There is said to be some strange activity surrounding this place. It was a long time since I read about it but there are books I have seen that highlight alot of paranormal activity in NC. Of course you have also heard of the Brown Mountian lights? Mysterious rays of light that shoot up from above Brown Mt. Near the Hickory area. NC is a facinating area to study this kind of stuff. They say Ashville has some sort of physical & factual magnetic flux that is concentrated in that city creating some sort of auora (sp?) that generates an unusual spiritual witch-like atmosphere that witches supposedly communicate with well.
Is this the type of stuff you are talking about?

Old 08-15-2009, 09:52 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
you know that crop circles have been proven to be man-made, right?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:10 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,825,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have seen and experienced some strange things in my lifetime. Luckily, most of these "events" have taken place with others in the same area/room . . . otherwise, I would have wondered if I dreamed it all up later. When it is a group experience and everyone experiences the same phenomena, it has a different level of meaning, even if no one in the group can explain what everyone has observed.

I will tell you about one experience I had about 10 years ago, while with a group of folks.

My hubby was interviewing for a position in Atchison, Kansas. Now, call me oblivious, but I had never heard that Atchison, KS is considered one of America's "most haunted towns." After my experience, folks told me to go home and do my research and I would discover that there have been segments on various television shows about Atchison and the phenomena that has gone on there.

I was invited to accompany hubby for this interview and was asked if I would like a tour of the town w/ a realtor - to get a feel for the area and see what real estate might appeal to us.

I had been told that Atchison had some beautiful historic homes on the market, as it used to be a very prosperous railroad town - located on the river on a high bluff . . . Atchison is also Amelia Earhart's home town and many beautiful late 19th and early 20th Century homes line the rolling hills of Atchison's streets.

I have always wanted a B&B and it occurred to me . . . this town might offer that opportunity. One of my favorite pursuits is renovation and decorating . . . so I thought I could make a business of buying one of the beautiful old mansions in need of some tender loving care.

So the realtor took me around town to meet various leaders . . . and then we started looking at houses. There were several very impressive homes for sale, including some on the National Historic Registry (or whatever it is called).

We went into one home and I immediately liked it. Huge steps grandly led to the massive porch and entrance. The foyer itself was quite impressive with a staircase that swept gracefully into the room.

As we went into the first room to the left, I felt someone standing behind me, but when I turned to look, it was as though someone had moved quickly out of sight. I was tired, several folks were talking, and I thought - eehhh - just a long day. But then I felt someone swish by me - and as I turned I caught the glimpse of a long skirt in a shiny fabric - maybe like taffeta. I thought - okay - my imagination is really coming to life in this beautiful historic home.

The present homeowners were there (wh/ is not typical and I found it kind of odd and in fact, intrusive). They wanted to tell me all about the features of the home . . . and point out original details . . . but somewhere along the line, while I was trying to sort out what I was "half-seeing" out of the corner of my eye, the owners kept moving around the room and their body language seemed out of synch - kind of nervous. They made me feel they were trying to keep my attention anywhere but behind me, near the grand piano. Every time I felt there was this "presence" behind me in that area, and started to turn around - either the husband or wife would raise their voices and point to some other detail of the room.

I walked to the back of the room and everyone seemed to herd me - re-direct me - to the doorway to leave the room. It felt awkward.

As we got back into the foyer, they pointed me towards another room across the hall. I held back, even tho I was nearly being pushed into the other room.

I turned quickly and walked back through the previous doorway . . . and there she stood - woman who looked somewhere in between an apparition and reality. Kinda like what I would describe as a hologram. It was obvious she was not a real person but she was life sized.

She had on a blue-grey taffeta silk type dress, to the floor - period clothing - w/ a beautiful ruffled lace bodice and ruffled collar. Her hair was piled on her head. She stood touching the piano and smiled at me. I smiled back. This occurrence lasted only a matter of maybe three seconds, as my hosts had realized I had turned back into the room, and the owner's wife had walked back and as she approached and called my name, I turned and when I quickly looked back around to the piano, the apparition was gone.

I said nothing for a few minutes as we looked in the other downstairs rooms. As we walked up the stairs to the bedrooms, I asked if there had ever been reports of apparitions or any sort of paranormal activity in the house.

The owner (husband) said - "Well, everyone in Atchison likes to claim a ghost or two."

I had no idea what he was referring to (the history of the town as being "haunted").

I said - "Well, I love the house. And as crazy as this sounds, I just saw a lady downstairs."

The wife said, "This house has a lot of good energy. I have felt I saw glimpses of people moving around at times, but all very benevolent." She indicated that what she had seen "out of the corner of her eye" seemed to be located around the kitchen.

I kinda thought it was odd that they didn't ask me more questions about what I had seen.

After walking through two bedrooms, the realtor asked what I had seen, exactly. So I described the woman. No one said anything further.

We walked into the next bedroom, and I noticed there were some pictures on the wall. I went to the old framed photos.

As it turned out, many of the items in the home were the original furnishings, including the piano.

I could tell that the fact that I had seen the former owner concerned the present owners, as I would assume most folks would not want a house that had spirits wandering around in it, so they were afraid I would rule out the house as a potential buyer.

The conversation was now somewhat awkward - and I wanted to reassure them that actually, this made me even more interested in the property. :-)

After that, they told me some stories about others encountering the former mistress of the home. Strangely, tho, the present owners had never seen the former owner. They had seen what they felt were servants - around the kitchen area.

Rather, their encounter w/ the former owner was quite different. What had occurred is that they had attempted to move the piano several times . . . and mysteriously, it was always returned to its original position within hours.

What did I experience that day? Who knows. Whatever it was, it certainly did not make me uncomfortable. After all, the lady had smiled at me. Maybe she knew I, too, am a pianist, LOL.
Wow! I read up on the town, very interesting.
Atchison Kansas Hauntings

Old 08-15-2009, 02:15 PM

182 posts, read 439,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

The good spirit was obviously a very good judge of energy and character. But, then again who wouldn't smile at Ani?! I will say my pitbull found her puppy vortex in Sedona, Arizona!

Last edited by Shamwow!; 08-15-2009 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: spelln

Old 08-15-2009, 03:37 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamwow! View Post
The good spirit was obviously a very good judge of energy and character. But, then again who wouldn't smile at Ani?! I will say my pitbull found her puppy vortex in Sedona, Arizona!
LOL . . . Sedona . . . now there's a spot that seems to draw a lot of very high vibrating energy. Or it used to, anyway. Now it draws a lot of $$$ along w/ the energy.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:01 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,983,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
you know that crop circles have been proven to be man-made, right?

SOME have been proven man made, not all.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:20 PM

129 posts, read 338,954 times
Can't rep you any more Ani, but good story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte