Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:44 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Serious, and yes.

Again, I did not post to proselytize.
But I saw this 'paranormal' activity, and it extremely scary.
I've seen it too and IMO most paranormal activity is demons and should not be messed with unless you are trained in Deliverance/Exorcism. Laugh all you want. You wouldn't if you saw it.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:45 AM

852 posts, read 2,468,463 times
No I am not judging - I am fascinated by this sort of thing. I just went to a mystic messenger and was impressed.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:49 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
I just went to a mystic messenger and was impressed.
What is that?
Obviously I will Google it, but do you care to post your experience?

I honestly do not know if all 'ghosts' or paranormal activity is demons or angels or tormented souls.
But after my brief experience I stay clear of such, but am still intrigued.

I have heard some very strange Ouija board stories, but since I did not experience any first hand, I don't feel it appropriate to post.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:59 AM

852 posts, read 2,468,463 times
Mystic Messengers or at least the one that I saw receives messages from "the other side" via angel whispers. Maudy was the mystic I saw and she was very good, talking to everyone in the room and giving messages to some and the messages had a meaning for each person - a proper meaning and not a subliminal or abstract one.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:17 PM

23 posts, read 51,944 times
mike409:

I don't believe my personal email is on the website. Any messages sent through the website will go to Stephen, the Founder and Lead Investigator. He checks his email daily so expect a response before the day is out if possible.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:32 PM

As for everyone speaking of demons and messengers, though I'm not certain if a response is expected of me, I will say that I, myself, am not prone to believing in exorcisms and demons invading a human body only to control it. Your story, however, was quite amazing and having seen it firsthand, I'd expect you were terrified as anyone would have been, including myself. Stephen, the Founder and Lead Investigator of G.P.R.G. does, however, believe that demons can invade a person's body and follows is adamantly in explaining to people what the causes and consequences are following such occurrences. I have a different approach - I believe, until absolutely no other explanation can be given, that demonic possession and exorcisms and the like are purely psychological or subconscious in nature - an act of the minds ability to perform on it's own without the consent of the actual person. For instance, though I'm not sure if this is a good example - sleep walking, sleep eating, etc. The mind "plays tricks" on you.

Nevertheless, because I'm not a complete expert on such things and because I was not there to witness this or any other such occurrences pertaining to demonic possession, I can't explain away the victim's ability to speak in various voices, change appearance, or other said capabilities nor can I console those who have witnessed these things and believe it to be purely paranormal.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:45 PM

southbound_295:

Personally, I am very interested in investigating the Kings Mountain Battlefield. I've not yet contacted anyone regarding this nor have I spoken to Stephen about it however I'm certain he would be just as interested as me in visiting this monumental site.

A little info:

There is an extremely good chance that this battlefield is haunted simply because of the unmarked graves that have never, even to this day, been found of soldiers who lost their lives during battle. Rumor has it and stories circulate of seeing apparitions riding horseback, apparitions in certain areas of the park, and knocking on the bathroom walls/doors...

We might check it out in the next few weeks. Visit during the day so that we may be able to get a quick idea of what the layout is like. We might go from there in requesting permission or simply begin research however we most likely will not investigate because it's so large and we do not yet have enough members to take on something as large as the park.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:12 PM

177 posts, read 552,738 times
Shelly,

Can you tell us why types of paranormal activity you have witnessed? I am curious! This stuff is very scary yet I am intrigued.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:49 PM

Are you ready to read a very long story? Lol

I started seeing and hearing "ghosts" (we'll call them ghosts so nothing is confusing) at a young age. My sister and I used to stay with our grandmother on the weekends and while we had two separate bedrooms, we played together and sometimes slept - or tried to sleep - in the same room - my sisters room. But usually one of us had to leave. Whenever we were together in that bedroom, something knocked on the wall three times. It wasn't something from outside like anyone would think - we tested that theory by our grandmother going outside and watching around that corner of the house for someone while I sat at the window and watched her to make sure she wasn't the one knocking either. Then - "knock... knock... knock.." that's exactly what it sounded like and it couldn't be explained. How could it be something in the walls such as a squirrel? It ONLY happened when my sister and I were in the room together. She could sleep in there for the rest of the night without any disturbances at all. Furthermore, in that same bedroom was a closet that has plagued me my entire life. I have nightmares about it. A woman that I cannot see comes out of the closet and tries to drag me in and kill me. I cannot scream, I cannot fight. I cannot even see her but somehow I know she's a woman and I know she wants to kill me. What's worse, I did some research on the house (which was incredibly and oddly difficult to find) and found that decades ago, a woman killed herself as well as he daughter in that closet because she found out that her husband was sleeping around. To this day, I refuse to go in that bedroom. I haven't set foot through the doorway of that bedroom in about eight years.

In that same house, my grandmother used to tell us stories about sitting at the kitchen table watching the little television and out of the corner of her eye seeing something white and almost transparent slide by. When she turned to look, it slid into the living room doorway and vanished. Other stories include seeing faces behind you in the windows of someone with red curly hair while washing dishes, music boxes and globes start to play music on their own even after we taped the knobs in one position, the rocking chair rocked back and forth, and most recently, my aunt saw something in the house last Christmas - a woman standing in the middle of the room and staring at her. My aunt looked towards it for about fifteen seconds and slowly the apparition faded away... I haven't been back to the house in probably two years so any other paranormal activity that takes place there is something new that I haven't heard about yet. My aunt and uncle live there now that my grandmother has passed away and they are "iffy" about us investigating. My uncle doesn't want to believe in that sort of thing and my aunt thinks it's gone...

When I was even younger, my sister and mother and I lived in New Jersey in an apartment complex. I remember doors would shut and the radio would turn on by itself and my mother told us that numerous times she saw white apparitions much like the ones that my grandmother had seen that simply vanished into another room.

About eight or nine months ago, we went on an investigation to Cherry Hill Church. We did some EVP work and caught one thing that we can't decide upon - or at least I can't. We set up the recorder and mic no a tombstone in the cemetery and walked back up to the church to investigate around it a little bit. Stephen walked the perimeter of the church and I waited on one side. I tried to keep my eye on the recorder that was resting still in the cemetery about a two hundred or so feet from the church and I never witnessed anything out of the ordinary anywhere near it, including of this world as well as not. After analyzing the EVP, we came across something that didn't seem normal. It sounded to me as though something hits the mic and then... laughs amlost imperceptably before you can hear two light footsteps in the semi-wet grass. Stephen, I think, may disagree with me but that's what I discerned from the EVP and it's something that I hold firmly.

The day before yesterday we recieved some photos from a co-worker of mine who had been to Gettysburg. One photo was from the battleground and another was from her mother's (?) home here in Gastonia. In the Gettysburg photo, you can see the figure of a man standing in front of a fence. The photo was taken at night but you can cleary see the fence and the man standing before it dressed in Revolutionary soldier attire. This photo blew me away as I know this person and she would not lie or try to fake this photo. The other photo was of her mother's house and in one window you can see what I take to be the reflection of clouds in the upper part. In the lower section, against the bottom of the window sill, is a face, perhaps that of a child. She stated that no one was in the house at the time and certainly not in the attic where the window is located.

These are some of the paranormal occurrences that I've had throughout my life, though not all of them. I hold these experiences very strongly and I do not see them as being anything but paranormal in nature. I joined GPRG to try to understand them better and try to help others understand them as well. I know I'm not the only one who has had unexplainable phenomena happen to them and I want to research, investigate, and understand everything pertaining the paranormal as best I can.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:36 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,985,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly.gilbertparanormal View Post
mike409:

I don't believe my personal email is on the website. Any messages sent through the website will go to Stephen, the Founder and Lead Investigator. He checks his email daily so expect a response before the day is out if possible.

Okay, sent you direct message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte