Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:51 PM

143 posts, read 577,634 times

Advertisements

Well we held to our counter offer and the buyers came up half way so in a way I feel we accomplished a small victory.everything is signed with a settlement date in late June. That is of course they don't back out the last minute like the last two contracts.

Its funny the first contract we were out taken pictures in front of the sold sign. today we looked at each other and we both looked totally drained hope we can get through all the hurdles. but being the optimist I am we will be in Charlotte by July. So where is the best fireworks show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 PM

39 posts, read 178,851 times
why are apeople backing out at the last minute? These are contracts!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:44 PM

143 posts, read 577,634 times
Default third time the charm

the first contract the buyers used the homeowners association/guild lines as an out. They said that the restrictions on having a certain size shed in the back yard did not allow for their shed they had planned on relocating to the property. The wife and I figured they had some under lying reason and used that as their out

the second time we were 7 days from settlement and we get a call telling us the buyer was pulling he contract due to finance issues something to due with unpaid child support that just surfaced they lost their deposit

so we hope the third time is the charm

Old 06-04-2007, 09:35 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,389,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foursonsdad View Post
the first contract the buyers used the homeowners association/guild lines as an out. They said that the restrictions on having a certain size shed in the back yard did not allow for their shed they had planned on relocating to the property. The wife and I figured they had some under lying reason and used that as their out

the second time we were 7 days from settlement and we get a call telling us the buyer was pulling he contract due to finance issues something to due with unpaid child support that just surfaced they lost their deposit

so we hope the third time is the charm
Four good luck and pls keep us posted..

Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM

174 posts, read 196,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foursonsdad View Post
Unpaid child support? What kind of ghetto peeps are you dealing with here?

Old 06-04-2007, 10:33 PM

367 posts, read 1,029,661 times
Housing market is all about timing. Our first house we lived in from 1998-2002, right around the corner mind you, we sold FSBO, in 1 month. We only made about $18,000 on that deal. Our current house we used a discount realtor just sold in 17 days. We lived in from 2003-present and we made $150,000 but had to pay 4% total commision, so $135,000 net. Same amount of time in the house, in the same neighborhood. Just timed it right. Actually if we had sold a year ago we would have probably made $20,000 more. Realestate market baffles me sometimes.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:46 PM

473 posts, read 1,579,202 times
Red face Staging?

Have any of you having difficulty selling your house thought about professional stagers? I watch shows on HGTV all of the time and have managed to sell housing very quickly staging them on my own, even one in a down-turning market in FL.

I have a friend that was trying to sell her house at the same time I was. Hers sat on the market for over a year and they didn't get an offer until they put it up for rent and the renter figured they could buy it cheaper than own it. The same friend doesn't believe in staging and has managed to paint her new house's great room and kitchen blue, again. Didn't she learn anything from the last sale that was on the market for over a year? We move frequently, every 2-3 years, and I decorate to sell, plain and simple.

There was a comment made about not being able to hide the kid's stuff but everything else was done. A buyer comes in and looks at the house as if there are storage issues. Who wants a house with storage issues? I'd do some recon and see what your competition looks like. I guarantee if everything is equal between your house that you are selling and the competition, and the competition doesn't have clutter from children, the competition will sell before yours...

Old 06-11-2007, 12:47 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,787,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaxx View Post
Have any of you having difficulty selling your house thought about professional stagers? I watch shows on HGTV all of the time and have managed to sell housing very quickly staging them on my own, even one in a down-turning market in FL.

I have a friend that was trying to sell her house at the same time I was. Hers sat on the market for over a year and they didn't get an offer until they put it up for rent and the renter figured they could buy it cheaper than own it. The same friend doesn't believe in staging and has managed to paint her new house's great room and kitchen blue, again. Didn't she learn anything from the last sale that was on the market for over a year? We move frequently, every 2-3 years, and I decorate to sell, plain and simple.

There was a comment made about not being able to hide the kid's stuff but everything else was done. A buyer comes in and looks at the house as if there are storage issues. Who wants a house with storage issues? I'd do some recon and see what your competition looks like. I guarantee if everything is equal between your house that you are selling and the competition, and the competition doesn't have clutter from children, the competition will sell before yours...

In regards of "recon" the toys, thats what I exactley did this weekend...looks 100% better.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 PM

117 posts, read 406,364 times
Smile St. Joseph Statue

All you sellers in NJ I feel your pain. I came from Jersey too. I am a real estate agent and I of all people know what to do to sell a house. (Hard to do with 4 young kids). We had the same as many of you, buyers coming and going, once, twice, three times. No offers or low ball offers. Everyone was looking to get the house for UNDER MARKET value! My house was in mint condition, every big ticket item had been replaced. I know it's hard but the right buyer will come.

Also, a tip I will give you sellers and it worked for me along with some of my other clients is to get a St. Joseph statue and bury him in the ground upside down. You can purchase these statues through many websites online for a few dollars.

St Joseph is the Patron Saint of Home, Family and Workers. By practicing the tradition, believers are asking him to intercede and assist with the sale of their home. While the St Joseph tradition orginated with Catholic Nuns, it is now practiced by a wide and diverse group that includes many different denominations and beliefs.

If you are not religious or you do not want to believe that is fine. But I swear, I buried St. JOe in my yard and my house sold right after. Make sure after you house closes you dig him up and put him in a place of reverence in your new home!!

Best of luck with the sale of your home!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:51 PM

95 posts, read 385,926 times
My neighbors here in Fort Mill just listed their house for what I am thinking is about 5% less than Market Value. It sold in 3 days and had a line of cars down the street at Open House. While it may have sold for less than Market Value and that I don't know until the deed is registered, they still sold the house for 33% more than they paid for it in 2004 and in only a few days on the market at that. A house priced at Market Price is just another house on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte