Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,787,155 times

Advertisements

Any NJers here having a tough time selling there house before moving to NC?
I had mine listed as FSBO, and over the weekend I put it up with Century21 so it can go on MLS and realtor.com. But I have only had people ask for info and thats it. House is priced for the market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 10:50 AM

204 posts, read 774,414 times
Unfortunately the NJ market, and many others, have softened. We moved from NJ to MN in 2005. Now have home here listed since early May with hopes of moving to Charlotte area-have had 6 showings and an Open House which was a big disappointment. Have faith, if it's priced right, etc it will sell.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:54 AM

255 posts, read 885,744 times
School gets out this week too right? Might be a little slow until the whole school thing pans out (if it's a family style home).

Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 AM

Keeping fingers crossed and praying everynight and hoping for the best.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:25 AM

132 posts, read 445,066 times
The priced right part is extremely important! We are in South Florida and are currently awaiting the appraisal report for our own house (which is currently under contract.) Many homes in the area have not appraised at or near the contracted price and have caused financing deals to fall through. A savvy realtor should be able to help you analyze comps and price right! Good Luck!

Old 06-04-2007, 11:28 AM

Well our house is priced at what other local houses sold for in the last 3 months..i put the house few dollars higher so there will be room for negotiation. There are alot of browsers, not buyers

Old 06-04-2007, 12:05 PM

48 posts, read 121,843 times
Not sure abt florida but we listed our home in tega cay, fortmill area and i am having trouble selling it. it is really frustrating.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:18 PM

509 posts, read 1,803,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan_mamma View Post
Not sure abt florida but we listed our home in tega cay, fortmill area and i am having trouble selling it. it is really frustrating.
Same here.

Our house in Greensboro has been on the market since January, and it's priced right between our two appraisal amounts and a couple dollars under price per square foot in the neighborhood.

Frustrating.

GT

Old 06-04-2007, 12:22 PM

39 posts, read 178,851 times
We had our house for sale for over a year. We kept lowering our price to keep up with the market as pricing have been coming down in Florida. It took us a year and over a $100K less from our initial asking price to get an an offer and go into contract. It has been quite frustrating to say the least. Like Mr Minsky said, banks are also being very careful with their appraisals. A lot of deals are falling through because of this. The fact that you gave your house to a realtor and it is currently being marketed will help you. Selling a house is extremely stressful and doing it yourself is even more since you are 100% involved in every step. In a sellers market, selling yourself and saving part of the comm. is a no brainer. But when in the buyers market you need an edge and you need to take yourself completely out.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:30 PM

174 posts, read 196,541 times
I posted this on the Raleigh board but it is appropriate here too:

Quote:
I know that you all don't want to hear this but I think that it is good that so many of you can't sell you homes. NC housing prices have been rising at an unsustainable rate. The growth has been funded in part by the froth in the northeast and CA housing markets. Based on the anecdotal evidence on this board it looks like we may be hitting some sort of equilibrium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte