Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times

Advertisements

yep us too, we are jewish and put a st joseph statue and within about 4 days of burying it we got an offer we didnt take it then another one came in, my house was mint buyers want everything for nothing..we sold in Nj as well but we got lucky that we got a buyer after 8 weeks on the market but unfortunately gave it away as well...but it got us here without having to pay 2 mortgages so it was worth it in the end...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 05:27 AM

219 posts, read 965,030 times
We ,finally,sold our house in NJ after being on the market for about 6 months.
They will close end of July.They got a great deal but at least we did sell it

Melissa

Old 06-12-2007, 08:51 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,786,025 times
Where can I get a st Joseph statue locally in NJ?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:51 AM

167 posts, read 689,671 times
All of you people who sold in NJ are freaking me out. 6 months to sell!! Yikes. I am hoping it was because you put your house up in the middle of winter...And spring is the time to sell your house (for summer moves).

Old 06-12-2007, 09:36 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipbags View Post
All of you people who sold in NJ are freaking me out. 6 months to sell!! Yikes. I am hoping it was because you put your house up in the middle of winter...And spring is the time to sell your house (for summer moves).
We put it up in Jan, however NJ is really bad still for selling sorry but I just lost MLS recently and from what I can see, houses are still sitting...
but you might get lucky and if the home is priced right it will sell..the hardest months to sell is Sept-jan....then the spring market his about Feb or so goes until June then it dies down again, unfortuanltey for NJ it hasnt picked up as much as everyone would like, and prices are dropping in SOME areas and some areas they are just declining a little....

Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 AM

85 posts, read 281,615 times
Default Selling homes in a soft market...

As a developer in the LKN area I can tell you that the problem is likely not your house, nor the price, but the banks having little money to lend...with so many subprime loans in BIG trouble, banks are raising the requirements for qualifying new loans...this typically entails higher downpayments are raising the threshhold for credit scores...they are essentially looking for 'golden' clients and they are rare, as always...I think most people know that the finance charge changes everything, and some banks are VERY reluctant to allow a payment above 28-30% of net income...most banks are actually not even foreclosing on homes becuase they need the client to at least 'maintain' the home to keep it's collateral value...you'd be surprised at the number of homes in delayed foreclosure. Urban land values are WAYYYYYY over-priced and this is the source for most of the bubble markets...combine this with many Metro-areas bleeding property tax-base yet still over-valueing property to generate money while offering tax incentives to businesses...the sad truth about most government-entities as a business: they are all grossly mismanaged, and why many(people and businesses) are moving to suburban and rural areas.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:27 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,786,025 times
well my house has been up since Mid March. Only 2 people walked through the house, and a handful of calls in regards. House was marketed at Market value, and now it is approx.5% below market value.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:46 AM

167 posts, read 689,671 times
A request for those who are mentioning about their homes on the market or that have sold. Can you just mention where you are selling (town,state)?

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2007, 11:15 AM

367 posts, read 1,029,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipbags View Post
A request for those who are mentioning about their homes on the market or that have sold. Can you just mention where you are selling (town,state)?

Thanks!
Sorry. Our home that sold is in Portland , Oregon which really hasn't been as affected by the realestate downturn as the rest of the country

Old 06-12-2007, 01:17 PM

55 posts, read 175,566 times
you can get the statues on ebay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte