Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,785,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaxx View Post
Some say to bake cookies but I would keep them really generic if you do it, like sugar or choc chip. With my luck, a diabetic would walk into the house!
Well I see your point....I do have those vanilla and rainfall plug ins. I will try them out. My appointments for this week are postponed till next week, This is killing me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 12:52 AM

758 posts, read 2,286,857 times
Default Positioning of St. Joseph statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabmac View Post
All you sellers in NJ I feel your pain. I came from Jersey too. I am a real estate agent and I of all people know what to do to sell a house. (Hard to do with 4 young kids). We had the same as many of you, buyers coming and going, once, twice, three times. No offers or low ball offers. Everyone was looking to get the house for UNDER MARKET value! My house was in mint condition, every big ticket item had been replaced. I know it's hard but the right buyer will come.

Also, a tip I will give you sellers and it worked for me along with some of my other clients is to get a St. Joseph statue and bury him in the ground upside down. You can purchase these statues through many websites online for a few dollars.

St Joseph is the Patron Saint of Home, Family and Workers. By practicing the tradition, believers are asking him to intercede and assist with the sale of their home. While the St Joseph tradition orginated with Catholic Nuns, it is now practiced by a wide and diverse group that includes many different denominations and beliefs.

If you are not religious or you do not want to believe that is fine. But I swear, I buried St. JOe in my yard and my house sold right after. Make sure after you house closes you dig him up and put him in a place of reverence in your new home!!

Best of luck with the sale of your home!
Dear gabmac,

Did your St. Joseph face the house or the street? (We have understood it both ways from other posts.)

Jan

Old 07-10-2007, 06:08 AM

204 posts, read 774,008 times
About a month ago we buried a statue of St. Joseph in the backyard, facing our house. DH swears I jinxed us as viewings stopped right after! He feels it's wrong-we have gone out to dig it up and can't find it!! Our realtor and others from other agencies have told us our home is beautifully staged. Told them just the way we live. Another great smelling option but expensive is Lampe' Bergere.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:52 AM

11 posts, read 25,163 times
It took me 8 months to sell my home in Tampa.
I had plenty of pre-approved buyers, but their mortgage companies would say no-go at the last minute.
Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte