Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:25 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Ani,

I just spoke with Hyoung Yi in the County Office and just received an email from him.
I also have the contact information for the City Budget...

(my emails to you will not go through for some reason) ??
Yes, Hyoung Yi is the only person who would answer the phone.

Your DM's to my account here on C-D? No wonder. My mailbox is 98% full but I didn't know they were rejecting emails now.

Guess I better clean it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 12:27 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Yes here on CD and via email...... ??
Not sure why that is.

Hyoung Yi sounds exhausted.... so hopefully the phones are ringing off of the hook !!

Old 03-18-2010, 01:14 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,195,444 times
Y'all can make your imaginary cuts across the board for the City of Charlotte and it wouldn't affect Mecklenburg County's budget one iota.

... cause the CITY and the COUNTY are two separate entities!

Old 03-18-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Y'all can make your imaginary cuts across the board for the City of Charlotte and it wouldn't affect Mecklenburg County's budget one iota.

... cause the CITY and the COUNTY are two separate entities!
Maybe we gave you the wrong impression. I called for specific departments to both the city and county offices.

The city can't very well provide me with stuff on the list for the county.

And I am not interested in doing "imaginary cuts." I want the council, commissioners, Mayor, City and County Managers to explain to me why certain items were NOT cut and why so much funding is still going to certain programs.

I am not into "imaginary" anything, even tho I fully expect to here some fairy tales along the way.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:20 PM
am2

413 posts, read 856,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
From the local to the national level, Government is too big, too complicated, and too expensive.

"The government that governs least, governs best."
-Thomas Jefferson

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson

"A government big enough to give you everything you desire, is strong enough to take away everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

How about we finally split CMS into smaller more manageable units?
Stop running buses 100K+ miles every day - a monstrous cost that adds absolutely zero to educating the child.

Amen to that one. Thats Obama's blueprint for "hope and change"

Old 03-18-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2 View Post
Amen to that one. Thats Obama's blueprint for "hope and change"
Really?

I thought this was his plan for "hope and change."

Every citizen will be a public man, sustained by, supported by, and occupied at the public expense.

Every citizen will make his particular contribution to the activities of the community according to his capacity, his talent and his age; it is on this basis that his duties will be determined, in conformity with the distributive laws.

Morelly (French Communist) , 1755 "Code of Nature"

Between all the entitlements and "stimulus" money . . . I believe that fits better.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:37 PM

79 posts, read 233,402 times
Default CUT EVERY DEPT The Same %

To make it simple... which government will not do.. figure the amount of the short fall... then cut every department by the exact same percent and that would not hurt the public as much... but that common sense does not work in government.. they try to get us by cutting parks and libraries

Old 03-18-2010, 02:01 PM

Would you believe . . . despite the GARGANTUAN budget for CMS . . . the county is spending over $800K a year on "drop out prevention." IF that is something other than truancy officers, it is inane. They close the libraries - the very place that offers some sanctuary to the GOOD STUDENTS who may be at risk b/c of lousy neighborhoods, latch-key after school situations and disinterested parents . . . but then have money set aside for "drop out prevention."

And Spirit Square Arts Council. I love the arts! But let the public ante up that money or forget it. There is over $1Million in the budget for that.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Default thread control

lets keep it local
https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...l#post12189058

im exercising Ani suggestion that others agree with below that post as well thanks

Old 03-18-2010, 02:10 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am not into "imaginary" anything, even tho I fully expect to here some fairy tales along the way.
Those fairy tales will probably be told by the "Brothers Grimm" of course!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte