Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 12:10 PM

381 posts, read 842,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You making fun of their lifestyles is as stupid as someone making fun of your spelling/grammar. Pretty pointless, eh?
Both are true. The latter more so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 02:19 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,786,761 times
Oh, come on! If you can't make fun of Naperville, what CAN you make fun of? Naperville just invites it more than your typical suburb.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:15 AM

214 posts, read 678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Oh, come on! If you can't make fun of Naperville, what CAN you make fun of? Naperville just invites it more than your typical suburb.
I've lived in Nville for 24 years and *I* make fun of it. But like any other 'burb, it has good and bad points.

And BTW, WVHS and NNHS have problems that never make the "Sun" , aka the "Printed Declaration of Self-Importance". Several friends are teachers in 203 and 204 and they have some interesting stories to tell - don't automatically assume the Naper facade is reality...

Old 06-03-2009, 09:32 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,786,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucat78 View Post
And BTW, WVHS and NNHS have problems that never make the "Sun" , aka the "Printed Declaration of Self-Importance". Several friends are teachers in 203 and 204 and they have some interesting stories to tell - don't automatically assume the Naper facade is reality...
Do tell! Do tell! Is it worse than the typical teenage sex and drugs?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:13 PM

149 posts, read 830,941 times
I don't want to live there too, I like to have everything at walking distance. I live in oak park, I think it is far better than naperville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Affordability is all relative. I guess I'm just pointing out that other suburbs in the proximity of Naperville are MORE affordable.

I'm with you there 100%. That's why I don't want to live in Naperville myself. But I have friends who love the suburban lifestyle who are still rejecting Naperville, and I can't figure out why. They'll list a dozen other cookie-cutter suburbs that are similar to Naperville, but leave Naperville itself off the list.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,953 times
I wish I'd discovered this thread a year ago when it was a hot topic.

I grew up in Lisle in the 50's and 60's. Finally got back to the area last year and had a chance to explore some old haunts; couldn't believe the changes. Naperville looks nothing like it did in 1959....none of it.

Now Lisle was, and apparently still is, just a little wart on God's backside (though in retrospect it wasn't that bad of a place to grow up). But Naperville? People from Naperville have always thought and acted like they were better than anyone else. They have always been a pretentious bunch of stuck up snobs. It seems that some things, at least, never change.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:39 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingWong View Post
People from Naperville have always thought and acted like they were better than anyone else. They have always been a pretentious bunch of stuck up snobs. It seems that some things, at least, never change.
Yay! Another another Naperville hater on this site! Just what we need!

Get lost.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:59 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,249,404 times
I am looking forward to living among all these hate-able people, my time starts on Tuesday.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:16 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times
I liked Naperville 30 years ago when it was socially diverse with "regular guy" taverns and a work clothes store downtown. And the Satellite Lounge; place was all late 1950s--aquamarine upholstery and a sputnik-rocket ship theme but really built that way in the 50s; genuine. They turned the place into a boring antique mall for trophy wives with nary a protest from the preservationist crowd.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:22 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,075,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yay! Another another Naperville hater on this site! Just what we need!

Get lost.
What is so horrible about not liking Naperville?
Who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs