Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,850 times

Advertisements

This thread is a big bag of FAIL. But, it was probably doomed from the get-go. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 12:15 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
I would like Dressy to come back and answer two questions:

1. What time did they shut the music off

2. Why didn't he/she go join in on the party?

Old 08-09-2011, 01:24 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
I've always assumed west of Western qualified as "West Side," with Southwest or Northwest used to address those areas not due west of the original City limits.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:35 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
Wow you really put words in people's mouth don't you?
I said ......"If by North Side oriented you mean......."

Note the use of the word "if". That makes the opening interrogative and not a putting of words into Jandur's mouth.

Last edited by Irishtom29; 08-09-2011 at 02:45 PM..

Old 08-09-2011, 05:00 PM

427 posts, read 463,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
I've always assumed west of Western qualified as "West Side," with Southwest or Northwest used to address those areas not due west of the original City limits.
We use the river as the boundary between northwest and north.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post

3. What neighborhood does the person live in?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett View Post
We use the river as the boundary between northwest and north.
yeah, that is a general rule of thumb I've heard and it makes sense for a lot of the north branch stretch, but not IMO the entire north side though.

I think there has to be a minimum north-south boundary demarcating "west" - as I wouldn't call Fullerton & Damen the Northwest side, for example. but I would call any part of the North side that's east of the river but that still west of (minimum) Kedzie, if not California or even Western the NW side.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:37 PM

553 posts, read 1,026,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post

1. They shut it down completely at about 12 (midnight).
They made it less loud well after 11 after the police came and asked them to move the cars blocking the street. When the street was not blocked any longer the "party" people began to leave. But we could hear drunk yells and swearing long after that.
2. I , personally, could not even approach it physically. It was too loud. There were huge speakers and besides this type of music produces a lot of low resonating booms that makes it worse. It makes me feel awful, hard to describe the feeling though. Like it is hard to describe what a headache is like when to a person who has never had any headache.
My husband said that in general he would willingly join the party and talk to neighbors. He is a very nice outgoing guy and everybody likes him. But in this case he said that he would not go out there, since the event looked totally uncivilized. He said he would "give the organizers some feedback later". Our friends in the same block did not go either.
3. Regarding the neighborhood, well, apparently not a great one. I do not see what is wrong with trying to make it better though.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:49 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
3. Regarding the neighborhood, well, apparently not a great one. I do not see what is wrong with trying to make it better though.
Nothing wrong with that at all!

Old 08-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
Why the reluctance to simply answer the question?

What do you think someone is going to hunt you down, pee on you and cover you with cotton candy, then throw you in the jumping gym?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago