Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 01:07 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,328,220 times

Advertisements

'It sucks being a college educated black male living in Chicago'....

I'll even go beyond that...cause 'education' alone, doesn't make you who you are...

Objectivity, or ones willingness to be such, is what creates diversity within ones on soul.

One can attend college, get a 4 year degree, and still be 'ghetto' or 'hood'...same with a country person...

And not all college educated white people are socially 'enlightened'....

Basically I think we all, those who think induvisually, strive to be around people who will give us
a chance to be 'ourselves'...without any preconcieved ideas or reservations about who we might be...

But then again, preconcieved ideas about you can also work in your favor...

I once had a feminane gay white roomate...everywhere we went, people treated him like royalty...they just figured, because he was white, feminane and male, that he must be 'enlightened' and 'advanced'...

When truth of the matter was he was living off of me, I was taking care of him, cause his own family gave him the boot....I alone became his sarogate family...and is probably why I am the way I am now...but all that aside...people prejudged him in a good way...

He also had a criminal record...I did not, and still do not...but that did not matter...everyone gave him the red carpet...even other black people, women, black men...it didn't matter...

Blacks are guilty of the class based on color crap too...

Anyways back to my point...one doesn't need to be 'degreed' in order to be 'enlightened'....

I just know if I were 'white', I'd probably be one of the most popular people on the planet...but my color, my shade, creates a phycological barrier that most just can't get over...

Even other black males, would accept me more, if I were 'white'...I see it all the time...

That's why black males use the 'n' word on each other all the time...

They're letting you know...'Hey, you may be special, but your still not white'....

There's no easy answer to all of this...or solution...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 01:22 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,577,629 times
[quote=Time and Space;21662230]

There are plenty of people (usually ethnic minorities) for whom a $500 a month place is too expensive.

Why? again is that by design?

I mean if people graduate from the same college, same degree...how does the 'white person' go on to earn more and can afford a $500.00 apartment, where as his classmate, who's 'black' cannont...
[quote]

You're introducing a strawman with your glass ceiling nonsense. The reality is that even at the high school level, graduation rates in the black community are terrible.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:46 PM

[quote=Aleking;21711003][quote=Time and Space;21662230]

There are plenty of people (usually ethnic minorities) for whom a $500 a month place is too expensive.

I mean if people graduate from the same college, same degree...how does the 'white person' go on to earn more and can afford a $500.00 apartment, where as his classmate, who's 'black' cannont...
Quote:

You're introducing a strawman with your glass ceiling nonsense. The reality is that even at the high school level, graduation rates in the black community are terrible.
And I'm simply asking you why?

And also...if you don't mind...

How many communities have you lived in in your life?

Please answer both questions...

Oh...and third...

So people can be clear...what is 'black' in your mind?

Do you have to be a certain shade of darkness?
Is 'black' a community of ideas to you?, or is 'black' purely genetics, those with biological traits that indicate their physical heritage can be traced to the continent of Africa?

Can one be 'white' and have a 'black' mentality?

When does one cease being 'black'?
For this poll you quote....

'Black' is such a generic term...please define so i can understand your reference points...

Old 11-14-2011, 01:48 PM

[quote=Aleking;21711003][quote=Time and Space;21662230]

Quote:

In other words, in your mind, when you think of a black person...what image comes to your mind?

What are they doing?, and what do they look like?

Old 11-20-2011, 09:53 AM

140 posts, read 121,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
do you see white people and Black people actually hanging out with
one of other, or do you just see white and blk ppl occupying the same space but in segregated groups. what part of the loop is this.
I'd prefer to associate with (all) people that shared the same values, intelligence, class, education, morals, etc; irrespective of race.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
I'd prefer to associate with (all) people that shared the same values, intelligence, class, education, morals, etc; irrespective of race.
Sounds like a commercial add...

'Milk, it does a body good' or 'Just say no'....

I'm sure we all, on the inside, have higher ideals we'd prefer to live and walk by...

But do to whatever, in most, socially those ideals just aren't realized...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago