Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 08:34 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by williepotatoes View Post
Get over it. CFA is not a church and they have no basis for any type of religous claim.
Right, and they were denied a zoning variance.

I do hope someone attempts to open a strip club next to the ceo's church.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:37 PM

622 posts, read 1,197,195 times
Quote:
Get over it. CFA is not a church and they have no basis for any type of religous claim.
Are you kidding me? You really believe organizations don't have the same kind of protection as individuals? Haven't you paid any attention to this specific debate and te corresponding Supreme Court decisions, specifically as it relates to political contributions?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewthedru View Post
Are you kidding me? You really believe organizations don't have the same kind of protection as individuals? Haven't you paid any attention to this specific debate and te corresponding Supreme Court decisions, specifically as it relates to political contributions?
Dear lardy, i just may try to open a gentlemans club next to this **** ceo's church.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 PM

622 posts, read 1,197,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post

Do think the alderman would want a strip club opening up on Milwaukee in LS?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Do think the alderman would want a strip club opening up on Milwaukee in LS?
No, thanks for proving my point. But i bet the good christian ceo would love it next his house.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:44 PM

955 posts, read 1,833,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post

I wonder how the zoning commisions in places like Georgia would treat the CEO's restaurants, if he supported an amendment to ban heterosexual marriage?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
He could of said no comment? When you reach that level of power in your company you have to understand that when you say things like that it will have repercussions. If it were me I would not have commented on that question. So should all CEOs and owners of major companies share their beliefs? They sure can but they better be prepared to handle the flack that will come back to them.

Do I think Cathy was wrong in expressing his beliefs? No. Do I think it was a stupid move? Yes, definitely.

Let's say you are a CEO of a company of 1,000 employees and you say you are against gay marriage. Trust me you are gonna have some repercussions. This is what is happening to Cathy. Just stick to business. Talk about your religious beliefs with friends and family. Religion really shouldn't have a place in business.
And what gay rights activist would say "no comment" if they were asked their views? Even if they were business owners? His views have never been a secret and there is no reason for them to be. He WAS sticking to business, but he was being interviewed and the question was asked. Is he supposed to be ashamed of what he believes? He wasn't trying to force his beliefs on anyone and he is not even the one who brought it up.

And if it religion should have no place in business, then why are people trying to deny him a business license because of his religious views? It's ridiculous.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
CFA is not a religion, it's a fast food outfit. They have no right to build a restaurant on that land because the law says nobody can build a restaurant there. Not even Farrakhan.
You are conveniently forgetting the comments by the alderman and mayor. It isn't about that lone location.

Sweet, so if a black tries to open a furniture store they can say we don't want any black owned stores in this town because the STORE isn't black, just the owner. Which makes it entirely ok.

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:49 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Wow. Did you completely miss the reason we're having this conversation? The reason they were given for not being granted a zoning deviation was because of their religious and political beliefs!!!

There woukd be no issue if the mayor and the alderman had just said "No. There's no reason to re-zone the area. We don't want you. We don't need the extra traffic. And we hate chicken."

But they didn't, did they? And now the citizens of this fine city will probably have to pay for expensive lawyers to fight this civil rights gaffe.
Not to mention the city will lose which means $$$$ for CFA out of the taxpayers pocket.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 PM

955 posts, read 1,833,172 times
Quote:
CFA is not a religion it's a chain of chicken shacks. Unless maybe they start baptizing people at the drive thru.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago