Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 03:11 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,932 times

Advertisements

My apologies if this topic has been done to death. But is Rogers Park that bad? I know it's bad the closer you get to Evanston. My sisters who still lives in Chicago says Rogers Park is "cracked out."

Is it really THAT bad? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 03:18 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,907,803 times
There's some areas that are shady for sure but it's nowhere near some of the real bad areas like an Englewood. Shady? Sure in some areas but I'd say it's mostly fine.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:18 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,830,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
My apologies if this topic has been done to death. But is Rogers Park that bad? I know it's bad the closer you get to Evanston. My sisters who still lives in Chicago says Rogers Park is "cracked out."

Rogers Park isn't that bad in city terms. I have a few friends up there and its a fairly safe neighborhood. It isn't gang ridden and crack infested like some other Chicago Neighborhoods. Its got a diverse population in age and gender. I think your sister is exaggerating a bit.

Compared to rural Illinois it may be bad statistically. But that's the city for ya.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:22 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,061,472 times
It's not overly dangerous, but it's not overly safe either. You probably wont get shot, but you very well might get robbed.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:27 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,907,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandur View Post
It's not overly dangerous, but it's not overly safe either. You probably wont get shot, but you very well might get robbed.
Yep. Well not robbed everywhere, but you are at a risk there more than some other neighborhoods in the same area. Neighborhood is ...mostly fine, but not 100% for sure.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:03 PM

928 posts, read 1,712,672 times
Quote:
You will NOT very well get robbed. Come on.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:29 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,441,022 times
Rogers Park is fine, the only part I'd mildly attempt to avoid is around the Howard stop.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,272,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post

No it really isn't. It has its problems but its not like Chicago is the safest city in the world to begin with, no disrespect to my land of origin.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,491,142 times
Quote:
Devon to Howard, Ridge to the Lake. That's "Rogers Park." A diverse area, yes. And some people just don't like diverse communities. The statement "you very well might get robbed" seems trollish, untrue to me. Especially so when describing the community as a whole.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:04 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,061,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Devon to Howard, Ridge to the Lake. That's "Rogers Park." A diverse area, yes. And some people just don't like diverse communities. The statement "you very well might get robbed" seems trollish, untrue to me. Especially so when describing the community as a whole.

It's not trollish at all. Go look at the crime reports. There is plenty of residential, street, and vehicle (from, not of) theft in the area. And saying there is crime isn't trollish, it's just stating a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: