Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 02:44 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Yeah. Most of the posts are not helpful at all. I forgot, I just spew out data that's not facts and my links when people ask me about apartments are just fake.
Let's count the links that I post / quote from vs the "my friend said" nonsense that you engage in!

I look forward to seeing how someone like Chicago's Pultizer Prize winning architecture writer Blair Kamin will critique this -- The Pulitzer Prizes | Biography
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 02:57 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,253,078 times
This thread got Chettified!

Anyways, I think the buildings are cool.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:09 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post

Are you surprised?

Old 09-25-2015, 03:12 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times
Default Double check post #15 if you really want to see negativity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post

I offered links to the history behind the reason that Grant Park is framed by the buildings as opposed to be dominated by outsized structures and then other attacked me.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:26 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,836,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post

i rest my case. find a new hobby, chet
babysitting NOLA?

Old 09-25-2015, 05:57 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,281,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Steeps, you're drunk. And you're scaring the children.
So sorry you were Scared...... I tried to look at your statistics. But it is closed to all but friends. Guess your parents are afraid of other Adults on C-D..... and want you to avoid them..... guess you were on C-D before school? I gave this thread some time before work.

Hope you remain a good boy.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:29 PM

304 posts, read 364,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I highly doubt you like Chicago given how often you bash the ever living crap out of the city in nearly every post.
Seriously. Chet, where do you live?

Old 09-25-2015, 11:50 PM

410 posts, read 491,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Steeps, you're drunk. And you're scaring the children.
Children need to be exposed to these sort of things. You can't protect their innocence forever, ya know. Let them free. They'll figure it out eventually on their own accord.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:07 AM

672 posts, read 757,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
babysitting NOLA?
Actually, where is NOLA? People in Chicago are getting too big for their hats at the moment and all the heavy lifting has been left to Chet (who's normally pretty helpful, IMO).

Old 09-26-2015, 02:55 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,281,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
I offered links to the history behind the reason that Grant Park is framed by the buildings as opposed to be dominated by outsized structures and then other attacked me.
No one is attacking you.... They just see NO REASON to see these new buildings to come in the South Loop. Will diminish or take away from Grant Parks Splendor.

I personally see to give some praises to the New East-Side North of Grant/Millennium Park...... are Framing the Parks any differently?..... then what the Southern Parts are getting.... If some developer tried to demolish some Great Older Building on S. Michigan Ave.... then you WOULD HAVE MUCH MORE Agreement.

The Museum One Building toward Soldier Field. Has been there a few years now. It does not get much fame..... but it is one of my favorite newer buildings.

Last time on a Boat tour into the Lake. That building was SPACIFICALLY ASKED ABOUT, to the Speaker about Chicago and the Major Skyscrapers..... I found it funny when he said.... Oh that is just a Condo building LOL. It has become quite prominent in the skyline.

Also I am SURE another Super-Tall, was originally planned for that Southern corner of S. Michigan Ave. East. The Crash killed it. Might have been the second Museum two phase never built. It's destined to get something...... Another building I personally like is the one just south of Willis(Sears) Tower. Not boxy and nice green space. Something Manhattan buildings DO NOT DO Chicago still can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Marina City is 65 stories, includes a rather large base, with the current House of Blue and adjacent bowling alley, altogether takes up MORE THAN A CITY BLOCK.

Sears tower COVERS the whole block bounded by Frankline/Wacker/Jackson/Adams

Hancock similarly covers the entirety of the block from Michigan to Mies van der Rohe and Chestnut/Delaware.

The proposed tower is going to be hideously sandwiched, dwarfing everything around it, like a giant middle school sent back to kindergarten for remediation, an apt description of the cry babies here :
I the new proposed building will include the demolition of the buildings alongside of your Photo with the arrow on a SMALLISH LOT. The proposal HAS 2 TOWERS.....

I TOO CHET WONDER WHERE YOU LIVE TOO?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago