Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 08:52 AM

4,648 posts, read 3,260,261 times

Advertisements

NEGAN, is that YOU?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 09:10 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,464,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideMillennial View Post
I was leaning towards Aurora Mayor Richard Irvin for his stance on targeting crime. Until I saw the Chicago Tribune post about him "working for almost 15 years as a criminal defense attorney, specializing in defending people accused of the same types of crime he rails against in his campaign ads". FORGET HIM!
Hopefully you realize that was a hit piece? Or do you watch CNN or Fox and think you're getting real news ;-) Just messing with you. But seriously, everyone is entitled to an attorney to defend them. It doesnt mean he supports crime or would be on the side of criminals as Governor.

So I'd wait to hear more. But I like Irvin thus far. The hit piece shows Gov. Prime Rib and the ruling class are definitely afraid of him. That should be reason enough to look closely at him!

** I think it's hilarious that Democrats are criticizing Irvin for being a criminal defense attorney when they've been all about restorative justice and creating more rights for those accused of committing crimes. It just shows how hypocritical the elite ruling class is. I know Illinois voters are not very bright on the whole but I really hope they're bright enough to see through this BS.

Last edited by BRU67; 02-22-2022 at 10:31 AM..

Old 02-22-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
What can a governor do to stop crime, that doesn't violate the constitution?
How about supporting the repeal of that nonsense crime bill? Or supporting legislation making things hard on criminals and easier on law enforcement? Obviously this would take acts of the General Assembly but leadership goes a long way.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:32 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,432,497 times
Quote:
What can a governor do to stop crime, that doesn't violate the constitution?
-reinstate cash bail
-pass three strikes laws
-impeach Kim Foxx for dereliction of duty and ethical violations
-more mandatory minimums on violent crimes and for repeat offenders
-repeal HB-3653
-castle doctrine
-conceal carry
-death penalty for murder-particularly those that kill law enforcement

Old 02-22-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschemist80 View Post
-reinstate cash bail
-pass three strikes laws
-impeach kim foxx for dereliction of duty and ethical violations
-repeal hb-3653
-castle doctrine
-conceal carry
+1

Old 02-22-2022, 09:57 AM

4,648 posts, read 3,260,261 times
mschemist80 (Aka Negan), good afternoon,

As an employee of the Court and Jail systems,

I nominate YOU for Mayor of Chicago!

Old 02-22-2022, 10:39 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,906,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Between covid policy, critical race theory, defund the police, no cash bail, economic policy major failures, foreign policy major failures, lack of respect for civil liberties especially of their oponents and many other issues; all indications are that the dems are just going to be bludgeoned to political death in November throughout most of the country (probably not in Illinois the people in Chicago are a bit slow) and I will [Snip.].
You will be very popular with a comment like that.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-22-2022 at 11:19 AM..

Old 02-22-2022, 10:41 AM

249 posts, read 182,528 times
Quote:
-reinstate cash bail
-pass three strikes laws
-impeach Kim Foxx for dereliction of duty and ethical violations
-repeal HB-3653
-castle doctrine
-conceal carry
Governor can't impeach states attorney. Illinois already allows use of deadly force in castle doctrine and also allows conceal and carry. The number of cops killed is a fraction of crime in Illinois, so even eliminating it to zero wouldn't put a dent in crime overall. I'm pretty sure the NRA or many gun enthusiasts would oppose stricter minimum penalties for gun violations.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:44 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,228,935 times
Quote:
-castle doctrine
Actually Illinois' law on the use of deadly force is better than the castle doctrine.

Lots of bad things can be said about the state, but in this one area, Illinois does it right.

Asking for the castle doctrine is a step down.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Governor can't impeach states attorney. Illinois already allows use of deadly force in castle doctrine and also allows conceal and carry. The number of cops killed is a fraction of crime in Illinois, so even eliminating it to zero wouldn't put a dent in crime overall. I'm pretty sure the NRA or many gun enthusiasts would oppose stricter minimum penalties for gun violations.
It would be nice if he could eradicate her with an Executive Order like he tried to do with the Covid virus but I think you're right on that. But I think the Governor could do a lot to help reduce crime. A lot of the other ideas he mentioned are valid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago