Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 08:00 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,424,666 times

Advertisements

If Trump can be impeached for wanting Hunter Biden's shady Ukraine dealings investigated then Kim Foxx can be impeached for not upholding the law and official misconduct in the Smollett case.

And however idiotic Trump's statements and antics were the country did much better under him than under Biden and the Dems or this state and the Dems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 08:06 PM

And yes it is well within JB's power to walk over to the legislature and tell them the crime in the Chicago area is out of control and an emergency and that this stooge Foxx is a big part of the problem. Her refusal to do her job and misconduct rises to an impeachable offense and I implore you to begin proceedings.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:42 PM

249 posts, read 182,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
Man, I wish that people on here understood the power and the role that a Governor of a State has. This wish list is mostly outside of the duties of a governor. Reinstate cash bail? Impeach Kim Foxx? These matters are up to the people of Cook County who elect their State's Attorney and who can petition to remove her. It was her policy on bail that set the tone for judges to set the bail amounts. Our country is is serious trouble when even the most basic civics lesson is not understood. To think that the author was the one to call Chicago voters slow.
Surprised they aren't asking the Governor to arrest, charge and convict Foxx. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm the Governor, sheriff, and local judge. LOL

Old 02-23-2022, 06:50 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,457,310 times
To give a governor the power to remove a local elected official sounds great when it's one of "their guys" he's getting rid of. But this kind of power would get turned around on you in a second. To think otherwise makes you no better than the goofs who wanted to get rid of the filibuster just to ramrod through one piece of legislation.

Getting rid of Foxx is something the voters are going to just have to do. And even if this governor had the power, there is no way in Hades would exercise it here. These conversations are about as fanciful as the ones about Illinois going into bankruptcy and discharging the pension debt

Old 02-23-2022, 06:53 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,457,310 times
To give a governor the power to remove a local elected official sounds great when it's one of "their guys" he's getting rid of. But this kind of power would get turned around on you in a second. To think otherwise makes you no better than the goofs who wanted to get rid of the filibuster just to ramrod through one piece of legislation.

Getting rid of Foxx is something the Cook County voters are going to just have to do. And even if this governor had the power,, there is no way in Hades would exercise it here. These conversations are about as fanciful as the ones about Illinois going into bankruptcy and discharging the pension debt. I think the governor could have a much stronger role in helping reduce crime, but removing elected states attorneys isn't one of those things.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
Surprised they aren't asking the Governor to arrest, charge and convict Foxx. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm the Governor, sheriff, and local judge. LOL
I'm not sure she is mentally competent to stand trial.

I'm not sure the people in Chicago who voted to reelect her are mentally competent to vote.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:14 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,359,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post

I'm not sure the people in Chicago who voted to reelect her are mentally competent to vote.
First of all, it is the people of Cook County that elected her, not just Chicagoans. For a guy who hasn't a clue how government works or the duties of elected officials, I would not jump on people who vote in Chicago. It is people who are clueless as to what they are voting for that worries me.

BTW, a recall election has nothing to do with a competency hearing or the ability to stand trial.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
For a guy who hasn't a clue how government works or the duties of elected officials, I would not jump on people who vote in Chicago. It is people who are clueless as to what they are voting for that worries me.

BTW, a recall election has nothing to do with a competency hearing or the ability to stand trial.
I know how government works, but more than anything I know how government doesn't work. Illinois is a very good case study in that.

Let a guy with 20 arrests for violent crime out with no cash bail and act surprised when he sprays bullets and kills a 5 year old girl playing in the park. That SA and judge clearly needs to be reelected by Chicago standards.

Sadly Illinois does not have recall power even though if any state needed it it would be Illinois.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:43 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,903,448 times
Quote:
First of all, it is the people of Cook County that elected her, not just Chicagoans. For a guy who hasn't a clue how government works or the duties of elected officials, I would not jump on people who vote in Chicago. It is people who are clueless as to what they are voting for that worries me.

So true

Old 02-23-2022, 07:43 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post

Voters in chicago are laughed at by the world for a reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago